Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will this Kobe Bryant prediction come true?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Look...

#1, the question is do you think Kobe will win the league MVP and Finals MVP this year, yes or no. Simple.

#2, I'll even pull the quote from the post I provided:
    "The only thing really holding Kobe back is his inconsistency, and once again in the NBA Finals he simply did not dominate like a top 10-15 player of all time who's been there so many times should."

Barkley was the definition of consistency, and Barkley didn't have the luxury of playing for one of the most dedicated franchises in NBA history to build teams around him that could really compete with the likes of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Once again you are forgetting the team aspect to an individual comparison. When you come into the league and have Shaq there to hide your faults, while being a part of 3 championship teams, it's easy to lose perspective. When you have a franchise that every year puts more and more winners around you, it's easier to achieve a Finals MVP status. Charles Barkley didn't have that luxury. Barkley was a better and more consistent all around individual player and the fact that I have to even post this tells me a lot about your knowledge when it pertains to Sir Charles Barkley's career.
    Barkley played with Hakeem and Clyde at the same time. I was young, but I did see him play and I watched the ESPN or whatever channel documentary about him. Of that era, he's one of my favorite players/personalities & we all read Round Mounds bolded posts.

In terms of consistency, his athleticism lacked it in terms of his conditioning & injuries added to that even more. Fortunately, his freakish genetics covered a lot of that up. On the same note, his attitude was inconsistent. You can knock Kobe & LeBron for the same thing but it's true.

If Jordan wasn't there (and when he actually wasn't) Barkley was heir apparent. That also doesn't address Karl Malone, who was spoon fed half his points from one of the GOAT pure point guards, and who also has no FMVP and shouldn't have gotten the regular season one over Jordan i.m.o.

Your All-Time list is way to 90's heavy to be considered a true historians list. Ask G.O.A.T. to finish his.

I don't mind you having an opinion, but don't dismiss me for having mine when you can't possibly know what my background is the same way I can't know yours. When you do that you eliminate the possibility of learning something from someone who isn't mainstream acknowledged, which you also dismiss already for being Kobe-jockers.

That right there tells me something about you, that it's impossible to know as much as you are saying when you aren't willing to listen. Who's good enough for you, really?

How can you talk about consistency and have the most consistent winner, Russell, under Wilt by like 5 places...
    Last edited by Ruh-Roh; 12-06-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Do you think they even take the time to read each player's legacy? No
    http://hoopsapedia.webs.com/top50nbaplayers.htm

This obsessive nature of these guys to have Kobe ranked above this player or that player on an all time list comes from a lack of knowledge about the history of the game. Really it doesn't bother me any more because I know tons of historians when it pertains to the game of professional basketball who are able to look at someone's individual career and put it in perspective when ranking other individual careers. When someone goes "5 rings" "81 points" or whatever, I just laugh at the post, comment, or video and move on because clearly the true historians of the game are few and far between and the ones who take exception with Kobe's ranking but do not even discuss other all time greats, well, they really aren't gonna influence my opinion anyways. I doubt they would influence yours as well. A bunch of kids who didn't even start understanding the game of basketball until a few years ago really don't matter anyways when it comes to validity of an all time list. The day someone like hoopsencyclopedia laughs at my list, and says I'm crazy, well at that point I'll know I'm off. At this point guys like hoops, and many others, agree with the basis to my rankings and these rankings are subject to change due to the potential of each current player adding to their legacy. In the video I clearly stated that if he's able to pull off a league MVP and Finals MVP this year that I feel he would have done enough to put him in the top 10. The fact that we have to respond to such nonsense only tells you that we are responding to fanboys who feel "slighted" because their favorite player who they live vicariously through isn't being worshiped to the standard that they have become accustomed to by the hype spitting media. End rant.
    at this idiot. What makes you a historian of the game?
    Because you spend majority of your days making biased youtube videos and think your opinions are facts??.......

I don't need to read your nonsense rankings to know about the history of the game and the legacies of the past greats.
    I am well aware of both Kobe and Charle's career to say with CERTAINTY that is not only ridiculous to rank Charles over Kobe, but to have him ranked as low as 17.

And I find it hilarious how you label anyone that disagrees with some of the garbage you say, "fanboys".
    Instead of tossing the word "fanboy" around, why don't you actually explain your reasoning for ranking Kobe that low.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan&Magic
    Because you spend majority of your days making biased youtube videos and think your opinions are facts??.......

I don't need to read your nonsense rankings to know about the history of the game and the legacies of the past greats.
    I am well aware of both Kobe and Charle's career to say with CERTAINTY that is not only ridiculous to rank Charles over Kobe, but to have him ranked as low as 17.

And I find it hilarious how you label anyone that disagrees with some of the garbage you say, "fanboys".
    Instead of tossing the word "fanboy" around, why don't you actually explain your reasoning for ranking Kobe that low.
    Wait, Didn't Charles Barkley Say Kobe is top 5 last week

Not even Barkley Agrees with Bruce

@Charles Barkley over Kobe - It really just comes down to your personal preference regarding what you value when ranking/comparing players. It's not typical to see people rank a player above another who have significantly more team success, so that's why it could be seen as "outrageous." Some people value level of play and take into account circumstances a lot more than others. 17 is pretty damn low by any standard though.

@Blitz - I really doubt he wins the league MVP this year. It could only happen if the other teams/players don't play up to my expectations, and the Lakers have a good cushion over the teams with MVP candidates. I do think his efficiency will get better as the season progresses, but he shouldn't have to be as productive when Bynum gets back and Gasol stays healthy.

Finally saw the whole video. lol @ some of the stuff he says in there.

"I need to do some more research and dig into his career. (On Jerry West)" (has West over Kobe in his all-time list)

" I dont even need to explain Robertson" (After having Robertson over Kobe in his all-time list and "pound for pound" list)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Kobe is already in the top 10.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    @Charles Barkley over Kobe - It really just comes down to your personal preference regarding what you value when ranking/comparing players. It's not typical to see people rank a player above another who have significantly more team success, so that's why it could be seen as "outrageous." Some people value level of play and take into account circumstances a lot more than others.

@Blitz - I really doubt he wins the league MVP this year. It could only happen if the other teams/players don't play up to my expectations, and the Lakers have a good cushion over the teams with MVP contenders. I do think his efficiency will get better as the season progresses, but he shouldn't have to be as productive when Bynum gets back and Gasol stays healthy.
    this. the thing is though that kobe's level of play has been better than barkley's. and the team/playoff success puts him over the top easily.

kobe will not win mvp this year. his team is too good around him so gasol will steal a few votes and everyone is spoiled so we all expect the lakers to be amazing. howard and dirk look like the two guys to beat. i could see kobe or durant making a late run....but that is about it.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan&Magic

You are obviously a little slow, because if you actually read the post I provided, I explained IN THE POST.

Secondly, you still aren't responding to the actual TOPIC which is

1: Does Kobe win the league MVP
    2: Does Kobe win the Finals MVP

Simple, but yet you don't get it, so at this point I'll just put you on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
    Barkley played with Hakeem and Clyde at the same time. I was young, but I did see him play and I watched the ESPN or whatever channel documentary about him. Of that era, he's one of my favorite players/personalities & we all read Round Mounds bolded posts.

In terms of consistency, his athleticism lacked it in terms of his conditioning & injuries added to that even more. Fortunately, his freakish genetics covered a lot of that up. On the same note, his attitude was inconsistent. You can knock Kobe & LeBron for the same thing but it's true.

If Jordan wasn't there (and when he actually wasn't) Barkley was heir apparent. That also doesn't address Karl Malone, who was spoon fed half his points from one of the GOAT pure point guards, and who also has no FMVP and shouldn't have gotten the regular season one over Jordan i.m.o.

Your All-Time list is way to 90's heavy to be considered a true historians list. Ask G.O.A.T. to finish his.

I don't mind you having an opinion, but don't dismiss me for having mine when you can't possibly know what my background is the same way I can't know yours. When you do that you eliminate the possibility of learning something from someone who isn't mainstream acknowledged, which you also dismiss already for being Kobe-jockers.

That right there tells me something about you, that it's impossible to know as much as you are saying when you aren't willing to listen. Who's good enough for you, really?

How can you talk about consistency and have the most consistent winner, Russell, under Wilt by like 5 places...
    I'll point out your contradiction, and put you on ignore as well.

#1: you point out teammates certain players had, yet you talk about Bill Russell's "winning" without mentioning guys like John Havlicek and Bob Cousy.

End.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Do you think they even take the time to read each player's legacy? No

This obsessive nature of these guys to have Kobe ranked above this player or that player on an all time list comes from a lack of knowledge about the history of the game. Really it doesn't bother me any more because I know tons of historians when it pertains to the game of professional basketball who are able to look at someone's individual career and put it in perspective when ranking other individual careers. When someone goes "5 rings" "81 points" or whatever, I just laugh at the post, comment, or video and move on because clearly the true historians of the game are few and far between and the ones who take exception with Kobe's ranking but do not even discuss other all time greats, well, they really aren't gonna influence my opinion anyways. I doubt they would influence yours as well. A bunch of kids who didn't even start understanding the game of basketball until a few years ago really don't matter anyways when it comes to validity of an all time list. The day someone like hoopsencyclopedia laughs at my list, and says I'm crazy, well at that point I'll know I'm off. At this point guys like hoops, and many others, agree with the basis to my rankings and these rankings are subject to change due to the potential of each current player adding to their legacy. In the video I clearly stated that if he's able to pull off a league MVP and Finals MVP this year that I feel he would have done enough to put him in the top 10. The fact that we have to respond to such nonsense only tells you that we are responding to fanboys who feel "slighted" because their favorite player who they live vicariously through isn't being worshiped to the standard that they have become accustomed to by the hype spitting media. End rant.
    Since it appears as if you're calling yourself a historian on the game, because you surround yourself with so many,

surely you have Kareem as the goat.

Seeing as how, nobody in history dominated every single level of play like he did nor did anyone have an achievement filled career as long.

From the age of around 16 to 42,

he was a complete winner.

Surely, no basketball historian could bring up a better champion, because, well,

its documented in history.

Right?

And don't even try to fall back on that "I said professional basketball" shit either.

The history of basketball,

goes back further than just the pros. If it didn't, the Final Four wouldn't be such a big deal nor would the McDonalds All American.

Banned

at this narcissistic individual trying to pass his opinions as "irrefutable" and "absolute" fact.

I'll point out your contradiction, and put you on ignore as well.

#1: you point out teammates certain players had, yet you talk about Bill Russell's "winning" without mentioning guys like John Havlicek and Bob Cousy.

End.
    That's the first time I think I've been ignored...am I famous? Jerry West & Elgin Baylor say hello.

edit - Gail Goodrich as well.

From Wilts own words...

"That team (the Celtics) wasn't so great until he got there. Once he got there, he (Bill Russell) was the piece that they were looking for. A lot of people have said to me, "Wilt, what if you had that team? Boy, you would never have lost!" NOT TRUE. If I was on their team, I would be taking away from some of what the other guys were doing. Everybody had a role on that team. (Tom) Heinsohn wouldn't be getting the same number of shots, nor would (Bill) Sharman, nor would (Bob) Cousy because I'd be shooting the ball a whole lot more. Bill Russell gave them just what they needed. I would've given them a little bit more in certain things, which I think would have made the team NOT AS GOOD. I've always believed that he made that team exactly what it was supposed to be. And you couldn't get any better."

- Wilt Chamberlain - third paragaraph from, Q: Can you talk more about Bill?
    Last edited by Ruh-Roh; 12-07-2010 at 12:12 AM.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    this. the thing is though that kobe's level of play has been better than barkley's. and the team/playoff success puts him over the top easily.

kobe will not win mvp this year. his team is too good around him so gasol will steal a few votes and everyone is spoiled so we all expect the lakers to be amazing. howard and dirk look like the two guys to beat. i could see kobe or durant making a late run....but that is about it.
    That never hurt Magic, Bird or Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Since it appears as if you're calling yourself a historian on the game, because you surround yourself with so many,

surely you have Kareem as the goat.

Seeing as how, nobody in history dominated every single level of play like he did nor did anyone have an achievement filled career as long.

From the age of around 16 to 42,

he was a complete winner.

Surely, no basketball historian could bring up a better champion, because, well,

its documented in history.

Right?

And don't even try to fall back on that "I said professional basketball" shit either.

The history of basketball,

goes back further than just the pros. If it didn't, the Final Four wouldn't be such a big deal nor would the McDonalds All American.
    It's a top 50 NBA players list.

Secondly, yes I have that covered too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0j3CCEnSGE

Unlike 99.9% of the people on ISH I back up my opinions and don't piggy back on someone else's opinion calling them "wrong" or "stupid" or a "hater". You are responding to my thread, I'm not in yours. Remember that.

Again, I remember why I left ISH, because you people can't even stay on topic.

For the 4th or 5th time, the topic is

#1 does Kobe win the regular season MVP
    #2 does Kobe win the Finals MVP

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    That never hurt Magic, Bird or Jordan.
    i was saying that in terms of his team is so good that it actually makes it harder for him to win mvp.

but to clarify. kobe doesn't play the game at the same level or impact as magic,bird, or jordan. that is the difference. and that is why kobe only has 1 mvp.