Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Mrs. Sterling's core argument doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Yes there is.
    Has it not been 15 days?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    This has nothing to do with the legal system. There's nothing stopping the other 29 owners from voting today.

If ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest guy on ISH.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

There are no grounds within their own constitution to remove her. It's that simple.
    You are arguing that they can't come up with a reason to eliminate a lesser owner when they are able to find a reason to get rid of the principle owner. That's not "simple," that's silly.
    I think you're looking at this very naively. I don't think its about "armies of lawyers overlooking" anything. It's just a matter of the NBA convincing fans and sponsors that it's a done deal that the Sterling's are gone when in reality the NBA is putting it off until the playoffs are over.
    This would be you thinking wishfully because for some odd reason you have decided to champion the cause of a racist. An owner is not hit with a lifetime ban as a placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Isn't it apparent that there's a circle jerk of white boys in here that just want to monkey wrench everything? I could name about 7 of them. They're not here for the game, folks. White America DOES NOT LIKE the NBA. Point blank.
    Your racism isn't any better than Sterling's just less potent because you don't have his power. Your talk about "white America" is stupid if for no other reason that the overwhelming majority of the money the NBA makes is coming from the pockets of white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You are arguing that they can't come up with a reason to eliminate a lesser owner when they are able to find a reason to get rid of the principle owner. That's not "simple," that's silly.

This would be you thinking wishfully because for some odd reason you have decided to champion the cause of a racist. An owner is not hit with a lifetime ban as a placebo.
    I'm not championing Sterling. He's probably going to lose his interest in the team. His wife is another story. I don't think they will be able to do anything about her. If they do, I don't care. I have no stake in the outcome.

I'm not championing Sterling. He's probably going to lose his interest in the team. His wife is another story. I don't think they will be able to do anything about her. If they do, I don't care. I have no stake in the outcome.
    So you haven't heard about her role in the housing discrimination? There is definite evidence of her also being a racist.

So you haven't heard about her role in the housing discrimination? There is definite evidence of her also being a racist.
    Yeah. I heard that they were never convicted of any wrong doing. I'm sure they probably did, but not enough evidence.

Even if she is a racist, why am I supposed to care? It's not illegal and it hasn't even been proven. In America you don't punish people because they "might" think something that isn't illegal in the first place.

Yeah. I heard that they were never convicted of any wrong doing. I'm sure they probably did, but not enough evidence.

Even if she is a racist, why am I supposed to care? It's not illegal and it hasn't even been proven. In America you don't punish people because they "might" think something that isn't illegal in the first place.
    You don't have to care but this kind of post is why I said that you are "championing the cause of a racist."

shhhhhhh

Why can't you get it through your head it's not about what's legal and illegal.

It's like you're completely incapable of understanding that the norm doesn't apply here, that the NBA operates in it's own little world where what's considered illegal in our world isn't in theirs. The NBA ignores the US Constitution and the laws set forth in it on a daily basis

The NBA's own constitution and bylaws and it's CBA with the players allows the league to operate free of the normal legal entanglements that other businesses operate under. Sterling signed many contracts agreeing to these bylaws, he's now been found to be in violation of several of them and he's on his way out

Stop arguing they cant do this and they cant do that when we have proof that they can and it's clear they are going to.

Also, they didn't admit to wrongdoing but they did settle out of court.

shhhhhhh

Also, they didn't admit to wrongdoing but they did settle out of court.
    Well they took a plea deal from the feds... it was a federal housing discrimination law suit. When it became clear they were going to lose they pled out and paid millions in fines

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Why can't you get it through your head it's not about what's legal and illegal.
    I'm not claiming its a legal matter.

its like you're completely incapable of understanding that the norm doesn't apply here, that the NBA operates in it's own little world where what's considered illegal in our world isn't in theirs. The NBA ignores the US Constitution and the laws set forth in it on a daily basis
    The constitution is not optional. The NBA has no ability to ignore it.

The NBA's own constitution and bylaws and it's CBA with the players allows the league to operate free of the normal legal entanglements that other businesses operate under. Sterling signed many contracts agreeing to these bylaws, he's now been found to be in violation of several of them and he's on his way out
    I've already said he's probably losing his interest in the team. What's the controversy?

Stop arguing they cant do this and they cant do that when we have proof that they can and it's clear they are going to.
    We actually don't have proof that Shelley Sterling can be forced out.

You don't have to care but this kind of post is why I said that you are "championing the cause of a racist."
    If my principles happen to align with a bad persons interests on a particular issue, doesn't mean I support all other aspects of that person.

I would fully expect to agree with many bad people on some things. I'd imagine Adolf Hitler liked some of the same foods as I do. Because we would have agreements on those things doesn't mean I'm pro-genocide.

shhhhhhh

The constitution is not optional. The NBA has no ability to ignore it.

We actually don't have proof that Shelley Sterling can be forced out.
    First part is dumb and you know it. Both the CBA and the NBA's bylaws allow it to do things that are in direct violation of everyday anti trust laws and basic law/rights within the US constitution or were you not paying attention during the last lockout?

Second part already been posted and addressed, you can ignore if it makes you feel good but the Constitution and bylaws clearly show that they can...

That's of course if she were in fact a legit owner but that's moot because she's not even an owner nor has she ever been voted in as one. she'd actually have to be approved as an owner before she could argue they can't kick her out

Shelly Sterling is a non factor over this whole thing. she has no play in this other than making noise and being a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Second part already been posted and addressed, you can ignore if it makes you feel good but the Constitution and bylaws clearly show that they can...
    I've already posted a link to the NBA constitution and bylaws. Since they "clearly show that they can" feel free to point it out.

NBA Constitution