Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Rubio

Default Re: Ricky Rubio

Quote Originally Posted by misterfurious

Some scouts compares him to the great Pistol Pete during his younger years.

I say that's BLASPHEMY and they're a bunch of retards.

He's more of a Marco Belinelli IMO. Or a more slender Adam Morrison. Lol.
    It could be a blasphemy to compare Ricky with Pistol Pete, but it is also idiotic to compare him with Belinelli or Adam Morrison. Have you ever seen the kid play?

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Some of these people saying that Ricky Rubio can only be average can't accept the reality in today's era of globalization that a foreign kid has the the same opportunities to be the best player in the world than an american. His future depends on the decisions he makes, if he has a good plan and treats basketball as a daily job he could even possibly be the best basketball player in the world at some point in his career even if I don't believe that's likely. For those that say the kid doesn't have the athleticism, I just want to say we live in the steroid and growth hormone era of sports and often times the skinny kid that juices is a better athlete than the athletically inclined kid that juices.

Everytime someone brings up the lack of athleticism against a PG I say myself, yeah, that's why Steve Nash is that bad.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    Everytime someone brings up the lack of athleticism against a PG I say myself, yeah, that's why Steve Nash is that bad.
    or john stockton of course.or in europe corbalan or even bodiroga.for most americans its all about streetball ,athleticism and one on one,being able to dunk is super important for some people.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    or john stockton of course.or in europe corbalan or even bodiroga.for most americans its all about streetball ,athleticism and one on one,being able to dunk is super important for some people.
    Being able to dunk is the "trump card" in basketball and it gives an advantage of always controlling the outcome. In the past you couldn't teach and train people to jump or be faster but that's different in todays world.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Being able to dunk is the "trump card" in basketball and it gives an advantage of always controlling the outcome. In the past you couldn't teach and train people to jump or be faster but that's different in todays world.
    like in todays game between khimki and DKV Moiso had an easy alley oop and he hit the back of the ring and the ball ended up in his own court whilst trying to slamdunk it! i would have just layed it in and got 2 points.
    Anyway Ricky and Rudy were great in this game .to go to khimki who beat cska in the russian cup and win by 23 is pretty good.

Saw a basketball once Mo_Williams's Avatar

First Overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.

like in todays game between khimki and DKV Moiso had an easy alley oop and he hit the back of the ring and the ball ended up in his own court whilst trying to slamdunk it! i would have just layed it in and got 2 points.
    Anyway Ricky and Rudy were great in this game .to go to khimki who beat cska in the russian cup and win by 23 is pretty good.
    hey october 29 when Ricky Rubio Team plays Brandon Jennings Team i want you to watch the game and give ISH a report on it since i live in america i cant view the game but when Jennings and his 42in vertical smashes Rubio you will c how a real prospect looks like our best young prospect vs Europes Best young prospect i wonder who would win Jennings all the way

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    hey october 29 when Ricky Rubio Team plays Brandon Jennings Team i want you to watch the game and give ISH a report on it since i live in america i cant view the game but when Jennings and his 42in vertical smashes Rubio you will c how a real prospect looks like our best young prospect vs Europes Best young prospect i wonder who would win Jennings all the way
    Ok I'll watch out for it but you can watch it on euroleague.net
    ricky has been one of the only good things about spain's participation so far.If you judge someone's value and ability on how high he can dunk it from then you and I watch different games.

NBA lottery pick

I bet Ricky tears Jennings up. It is so tough to say what either guy will become. They are both so young it's impossible for anybody to know what will happen. Ricky will certainly be a pro. It's too early to know if he'll be an all-star caliber player. He still has a few years to develop his game. I think with that experience he would be a high lottery pick. Who knows though, he may be able to make more money in the Euroleague. Maybe he doesn't even try to go to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I bet Ricky tears Jennings up. It is so tough to say what either guy will become. They are both so young it's impossible for anybody to know what will happen. Ricky will certainly be a pro. It's too early to know if he'll be an all-star caliber player. He still has a few years to develop his game. I think with that experience he would be a high lottery pick. Who knows though, he may be able to make more money in the Euroleague. Maybe he doesn't even try to go to the NBA.
    Ricky is still 17!youngest ever olympic medal.The guy plays with inmense maturity,thats the most unbelievable facet of his game.Today he played most of the final against the strongest possible opponents and he did not flinch or show any nerves.I loved his drive against kidd.

He have problems with his team to obtain the liberty...maybe next year he jump the ocean to play in USA.Actually a little % to change team.

Quote Originally Posted by vittor14
    He have problems with his team to obtain the liberty...maybe next year he jump the ocean to play in USA.Actually a little % to change team.
    Joventud will fight for him to respect his clause.I have lost a lot of respect for Rubio,if he wasn't happy with that clause he shouldn't have signed!I hope that Ricky has to pay those 4.7 million euros! The NBA teams have a restriction on cash transactions for players of 500,000 dollars,thats their problem! If olympiakos or barca wanted to sign him they would have to come up with 4.7 million euros,so let the NBA team come up with it,by paying Ricky that money on top,otherwise tough.Ricky if he wanted to go to the NBA he shouldnt have signed the clause.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, but this is something that happens in all sports all around the world. Players get bought out, want to be traded, or want to get show cased more so they can sign a good extension. Even though they sign contracts there are ways out and the players try to use them. Sports are a business.

Joventud will fight for him to respect his clause.I have lost a lot of respect for Rubio,if he wasn't happy with that clause he shouldn't have signed!I hope that Ricky has to pay those 4.7 million euros! The NBA teams have a restriction on cash transactions for players of 500,000 dollars,thats their problem! If olympiakos or barca wanted to sign him they would have to come up with 4.7 million euros,so let the NBA team come up with it,by paying Ricky that money on top,otherwise tough.Ricky if he wanted to go to the NBA he shouldnt have signed the clause.
    That's impossible due to the rookie salary scale.

Anyway it was Ricky's parents who signed his contract.