Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Acb.

Default Re: Acb.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    Ricky Rubio is the man.

He's available to draft in the NBA draft next year, right?
    He'd be eligible, but apparently he told Brandon Jennings that he won't declare until next year at least.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    He'd be eligible, but apparently he told Brandon Jennings that he won't declare until next year at least.
    Rubio has his feet on the ground he will not go to the NBA for atleast another 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    Rubio has his feet on the ground he will not go to the NBA for atleast another 2 years.
    Agreed. First, because this current season will be his first as the best man on the team, and that will be tough for him. And second, because he knows he can improve more in Europe and be a top 2 pick without doubt in two years.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    Agreed. First, because this current season will be his first as the best man on the team, and that will be tough for him. And second, because he knows he can improve more in Europe and be a top 2 pick without doubt in two years.
    I don't see Ricky Rubio being a top 2 pick in the nba draft. He's what the euroleague looks for but not what the nba is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    I don't see Ricky Rubio being a top 2 pick in the nba draft. He's what the euroleague looks for but not what the nba is looking for.
    I think there are a lot of teams who'd like to upgrade at the 1. I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky does go #1 or #2 overall.

I think there are a lot of teams who'd like to upgrade at the 1. I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky does go #1 or #2 overall.
    The NBA is a closed league. it doesn't matter how much better you are, if you're not what the league wants you're not invited. Ricky Rubio has been excepted by the nba, but he isn't what nba gm's are looking for in the top or second pick. Why does Ricky Rubio need to play in the nba anyway, the nba is a joke. Even nascar and the nhl laughs at it.

The NBA is a closed league. it doesn't matter how much better you are, if you're not what the league wants you're not invited. Ricky Rubio has been excepted by the nba, but he isn't what nba gm's are looking for in the top or second pick. Why does Ricky Rubio need to play in the nba anyway, the nba is a joke. Even nascar and the nhl laughs at it.
    NASCAR is on the verge of collapsing.

NASCAR is on the verge of collapsing.
    Nascar isn't on the verge of collapsing.

Nascar isn't on the verge of collapsing.
    Have you been to a NASCAR race this past season?

Numbers are dwindling. Teams are trying to find more cost cutting measures, the big three aren't exactly healthy (Ford is probably in the best condition at this point).

You say you don't hate the NBA, but you do. Quit hating.
    Last edited by Huey Freeman; 12-31-2008 at 02:17 AM.

Have you been to a NASCAR race this past season?

Numbers are dwindling. Teams are trying to find more cost cutting measures, the big three aren't exactly healthy (Ford is probably in the best condition at this point).

You say you don't hate the NBA, but you do. Quit hating.
    Nearly every league is cutting back including the nfl, mlb and nba. The only league spending more is big soccer and the euroleague. The nba is going through a basketball recession and lacks creativity and interest. The nba is a boring league. You can call the euroleague and it's teams like panathanikos, olympiacos, cska, tau, maccabi, barcelona many things but they're not boring on and off the court. Basketball in the euroleague host countries is big business and Ricky Rubio should stay where business is growing and not declining.

I never said Euroleague was boring. I don't hate Euroleague. But you hate NBA, clearly.

Maybe if/when a Club World Championship starts we could compare the two better.

lol

MLB isn't cutting back. At least the Yankees aren't, haven't you seen their free agent offseason so far?

I never said Euroleague was boring. I don't hate Euroleague. But you hate NBA, clearly.

Maybe if/when a Club World Championship starts we could compare the two better.

lol

MLB isn't cutting back. At least the Yankees aren't, haven't you seen their free agent offseason so far?
    Yankees are the exception but the majority of professional teams are cutting back.

I don't hate the nba. I'm not interested in it, I don't follow it and what I do watch is too processed to enjoy. If the league had more of a "laissez faire" attitude I would watch but with David Stern that isn't going to happen.

You can tell the nba is struggling by the way their figures are behaving.

Yankees are the exception but the majority of professional teams are cutting back.

I don't hate the nba. I'm not interested in it, I don't follow it and what I do watch is too processed to enjoy. If the league had more of a "laissez faire" attitude I would watch but with David Stern that isn't going to happen.

You can tell the nba is struggling by the way their figures are behaving.
    I am with you on this one bjerk but unfortunately the euroleague is going the way of the nba with bertomeu being a bit like stern.He wants to close the competition, perhaps not as much as the nba.I think Bertomeu has done a great job but now he is spoiling it. I dont hate the nba either but I do find it a bit unitnteresting, teams like memphis are the worst example of the nba, the players play for themselves and are interested in their own numbers only ,they know the team will lose and they dont mind provided they get their numbers.I feel sorry for Marc Gasol but at the same time think he deserves it for going there.He could have been playing for barca winning games and standing a chance at various trophies.surely a sportsman wants to win and needs the thrill of competition,Marc has opted for the money and fame in the NBA.

I want to be fair to David Stern. David Stern has accomplished good things, he saved the nba, he made people a lot of money, and he treated his players and was fairer to his players than his predecessors. But the last decade has tarnished David Stern's legacy and the difference between David Stern and Jean Bertomeu is David Stern is being allowed to run the nba into the ground. If I were an owner I would give someone else a chance that won't over litigate the nba and will add an artistic charm into the nba. One example is the nba doesn't contrast today's stars with yesterday's stars. If I were nike I run a campaign with Kobe Bryant and Lebron James saying they're not michael jordan. They are they're own person and play the game their way.

Back to the ACB, it's a joke that the San Antonio Spurs are held to a limit to sign Tiago Splitter. Tiago Splitter is one of the best centers in the world and the nba needs him.

I want to be fair to David Stern. David Stern has accomplished good things, he saved the nba, he made people a lot of money, and he treated his players and was fairer to his players than his predecessors. But the last decade has tarnished David Stern's legacy and the difference between David Stern and Jean Bertomeu is David Stern is being allowed to run the nba into the ground. If I were an owner I would give someone else a chance that won't over litigate the nba and will add an artistic charm into the nba. One example is the nba doesn't contrast today's stars with yesterday's stars. If I were nike I run a campaign with Kobe Bryant and Lebron James saying they're not michael jordan. They are they're own person and play the game their way.

Back to the ACB, it's a joke that the San Antonio Spurs are held to a limit to sign Tiago Splitter. Tiago Splitter is one of the best centers in the world and the nba needs him.
    i dont think spliter will do as well as scola has. give credit to TAU they hold on to them and the players are happy to stay there, so they must be doing things right.
    As for jordi bertomeu v stern. bertomeu's job is harder he has to deal with different nations with different leagues and different expectations.Stern did well because he was also lucky to coincide with the jordan,magic,bird,thomas generation.