Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Have you ever been on fire?

I wasn't on fire but I did hit back to back game winners in pickup once. That is I won two games in a row with the game winner

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I wasn't on fire but I did hit back to back game winners in pickup once. That is I won two games in a row with the game winner

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

One time, and I got the scars to prove it. Third degree burns though...never got to my pretty face thank the gods.

Playing 21. I started off like shit with 0 points when everyone else had at least 12. I finally got the rebound and ran to the 3 point line to chuck one up and made it. After that, I hit every shot until reaching 21. After he 3 free shots, I would just shoot from that spot again. I even stepped back about 30 feet for the 21st point. It was epic.

I was 15 and legit pissed off at my boys making unfair teams, and my teammates claiming slaughter teams not even giving the team a chance for a 4 on 4. I caught fire when we were down by about 8 or 9 early. Made straight pull ups after pull up jumpers with cross overs. Not a single layup was taken. We won and I moved up our player rankings. Didnt take the #1 ranking until college

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

7 threes in one quarter, got 27 overal that quarter. first 3 threes were catch and shoot, then one of the pick and roll and last ones were pull ups in different defenders faces. great feeling, nothing quite like it.

I had a game like that a few years ago. I just kept pulling up and making it, the one that i vividly still remember was a kobe-esque fadeaway from the corner

Yeah, I've definitely felt that "in the zone" feeling where it's kind of an out of body experience. Shooting was always my strongest skill so it only took a couple shots to get me going on a good night. Luckily, I had a coach who really gave me a ton of leash because I actually shot a very good percentage from deep and he understood that it really got my confidence going.

There were games where I would heat check from Jimmer range (I'm talking 25+ sometimes) in HS and that would really get me going. I think the furthest I've ever shot it from was my first game back from a knee injury. I was running down the wing on the fastbreak, caught the ball in stride, and just step into a ridiculously deep 3. I honestly didn't even know where the 3 point line was when the ball came off my hand. After it went in I realized I was a good 30 feet out so I was really happy I made it or else I'd look pretty damn foolish.

I hope tomorrow. We'll have a game tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I hope tomorrow. We'll have a game tomorrow.
    Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Good Luck.

Thank You Brah. I hope I can channel my inner 2009 and 2012 LeBron.

Home of the 16

Okay.....

Serious playground baller

I've found that as I'm getting older and slower I have to shoot better to separate myself. We play games to 21 by 2's and 3's and I've been hitting 3 or 4 a game. I had a game where I was 6 of 7 from the 3 point line a few weeks ago and have continued to shoot about 50 a day but it seems like I can't keep shooting well consistently

Home of the 16

^It always helped me to picture the ball going in before shooting the ball, but, it has to be a quick mental picture though you can't spend 5 minutes thinking of it going. Ahaha. You have to feel the ball making that sound when it goes in, that crisp swish sound. It's a mental thing, if you can make it once, then there's ways to make it in 50 in a row.

I also suggest starting from corners & have a rack beside you. Corners or on top would be fine.

This is a practice, not a 2 hour process. Just like meditating. Stephen Curry knows best, I'm assuming this is what he does knowing how quick he pulls that shot, there's no way that he and Ray Allen have the same approach in shooting. Ray Allen tends go with a scientific, motion, rhythm, muscle memory approach as to where Curry tends to lean on touch, motion, rhythm & muscle memory.

Steph releases that ball like it's on fire, for a pro, that's ballsy.
    Ray Allen shoots it like a gun in a sense, not that Steph doesn't aim, but, you know what I mean

Those are probably terrible analogies, but w/e. lol. I don't know why I went on and went on about that, but that's just to make it clear how I look at things. I've never made 50 straight though. lol wtf, that's Stephen Curry level. I've only made 20-25 straight in practice, by myself, with racks.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 04-15-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Thank You Brah. I hope I can channel my inner 2009 and 2012 LeBron.
    How'd it go?