Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Basketball Diary

Our team got eliminated. Our team Standing is 4-5. Losses 1 game via default.

My averaged in the first 4 games is 10 ppg on 41 FG%
    My averaged in the last 4 games is 19 ppg on 50 FG%

So I averaged 14.5 ppg on 45.5 FG% in 8 games

NBA Superstar

Had my first real legit in-game dunk in a long time last night. I knew it might be coming after noticing my elevation re-emerging a few weeks ago (mentioned a weak rim-grab-layup a few posts ago near the start of May).

I actually had two dunks last night. The first was kind of testing the waters - it was a dunk just not with a ton of sauce. Considering the ease with which I put that one down, I had a lot of confidence for my next opportunity, and I hammered (one hand, one foot).

Also put down a two-hand, two-foot dunk with ease afterward (not in-game), which is the first time I've been able to do that cleanly is some time as well. I chalk it up to warm weather, better shape, and an increase in confidence.

First time I played basketball since our last Game almost 3 weeks ago. It feels good.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Haven't played ball in weeks. Plan to play tomorrow night.

Been having sore knees on a daily basis. I guess it's due to the lack of working out. They feel way too sore for a person whose in their early 20s =/.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001

Been having sore knees on a daily basis. I guess it's due to the lack of working out. They feel way too sore for a person whose in their early 20s =/.

It must be the temperature. My knees hurt when I use our aircon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    It must be the temperature. My knees hurt when I use our aircon.
    Eh maybe I'm still growing. I randomly added 3 inches at 17 within 2 months .

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001

I know the pain, though at 28... But yeah, can't remember the last time i played pain free. I love this game too much haha

Shot around last night after a month of not playing.

My jumpshot was so poor . Airballed like 3-4 threes. Finished the night off with my routine half court bankshot after 4-5 attempts. Couldn't nearly got off the floor as much I would like to on my jumper. Hit almost all my mid range shots and layups. 30 minute workout, did some dribbling.

Didn't play in a game, just shot around. Likely going tonight or tomorrow night for an hour.

Knees don't feel nearly as bad as they did this past weekend (prior to the workout).

Learning to shoot layups

Went and balled tonight, did alright overall, didn't really do anything special in game except maybe one pass that was alright, but I was happy with the fact that I had my first 1 handed dunk out of game, I didn't think I was going to get to close because I was using my off hand, but I went up for it and got it over the rim and forced it through all the way, felt amazing especially since my older brother was watching and I looked at him and he looked like did that really just happen?

I'll promise to myself. I'll be a a more dedicated basketball player. Gonna play some basketball tomorrow morning.

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I'll promise to myself. I'll be a a more dedicated basketball player. Gonna play some basketball tomorrow morning.
    Great to see that you have your priorities in order even though you're 28 and still living with your parents and work in a call center.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    Great to see that you have your priorities in order even though you're 28 and still living with your parents and work in a call center.

virgin poison.

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG

virgin poison.
    is this what you do on a friday night?

Grand finals tomorrow night against a team on paper we should beat, only problem is, they are great at mind games. Our big men are mentally weak and get thrown of their game easily.

My last season with this team as well. Starting my own team which will start in a couple weeks, so keen.

Everyone on this new team can actually play, so looking forward to doing some work!

OK so update.

Won grand finals after a great game by all. Marking the end of playing for that team, the team is still continuing. Just replacing a couple of us who now play for the team i have started.

Started my new team (for the winter season being in australia) We have player 4 games.

Our first game came against a team that on my old team, only managed to beat once, and that was after we had some great fill ins play for us as half our original line up was away. No subs for either team & my new team completely destroyed them, winning 70-20, one of there players actually fouled out at half time, but we just said let him play as the score was beyond reachable.

Second game was against the most feral team in the league, to which my old team never beat, they played them the week before and lost by 20.
    The new team wiped the floor with them, winning by around 40 point. Our best player also fouled out, and we were dogged by atrocious calls all game (one of the refs daughters goes out with one of their players, they get all the calls and also whinge about everything.) It was the sweetest victory so far.

Third we played the team that my old team had beat in the grand final a few weeks earlier. It was our biggest win of the season yet. They only scored 5 points total and only finished with 11. We were well over 70 at the end.

And our fourth game just this week we versed an actual C grade team (Divs go all the way to G/H) C grade is the div that management thought we should be in. The game was close at first, tied around 11 all, their D was suffocating the paint. Then one of our shooters got hot and hit 3 straight 3's. After that, their defense collapsed & they couldn't handle covering right out to the 3. They shaded our shooter hard, which just opened up the middle for our best player and our centre to run a 2 man game. I distributed well and also found rhythm of a number of drive and kicks, hitting multiple J's from the base line.
    Finishing with a fast break pull up 3 in the last 10 seconds.

Heard a rumor that we will be A grade, to which i can't wait.

Bad Santa from And 1 played A grade a few seasons ago in this comp.