Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq: Lebron can't shoot like Kobe can

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    and i cant believe you said that.... considering i didnt say it anywhere here...

look all im saying is that kobe is not better and lebron is not better either... TODAY they are equal from midrange (lebron shot actually a bit better there last season) and Lebron is also microscopically better at longrange (as in lebron shooting 1% better from longrange the last 2 seasons).... there is no significant difference... as lets say Dirk/Nash vs Lebron/kobe in the shooting department.... they dont CLEARLY sepparate themselves from eachother in that department... there is no big gap as once again lets say Nash vs Lebron/Kobe...

my point is... to say that Lebron is a better shooter is wrong and to say that Kobe is a better shooter TODAY is wrong aswell... unless you factor in freethrow shooting, thats really only where Kobe will shoot better than Lebron..
    Too stupid to consider that players are defending old, slower Kobe for his shot and younger, quicker Lebron more for his drive? Lebron will usually have more space to get the shot off under less pressure because they can't play right up on him due to his ability to get to the basket. I can't believe the intelligence level of this forum, it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Catalyst
    Too stupid to consider that players are defending old, slower Kobe for his shot and younger, quicker Lebron more for his drive? Lebron will usually have more space to get the shot off under less pressure because they can't play right up on him due to his ability to get to the basket. I can't believe the intelligence level of this forum, it's unbelievable.
    Oh wow man.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Oh wow man.
    I'm confused about what I said that shocked you? You're arguing that different players are defended in different ways?

Dunking on everybody in the park greensborohill's Avatar

What will seperate Kobe & Michael from LeBron & Wade is their jumpshots. It really does feel like James and, to a lesser extent, Wade are content in the offseason to not work dilgently on their jumpshots. This is my opinion based on their multitude of personal appearances and commericals.

At crunch time the whistles are put away (except in the 2006 NBA Finals) and defenses pack the paint making it of paramount importance to have a reliable jumper or post moves. LBJ has neither, Wade in 2006 had freethrows but has not seen the same postseason success since until 2011. We'll see how things play out for them going forward.

Wade has had a very good and accurate Mid-Range J for awhile now and it only gets better (imo) once the playoffs start.

The fact that you basically say Wade won in 2006 because of FT's even though he absolutely torched the Mav's with Mid-Range Jumpers in the same series shows that you either dont watch Wade play or your biased against him.

Wouldn't be surprised if its the latter since your a Mav's/Dirk fan apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Wade has had a very good and accurate Mid-Range J for awhile now and it only gets better (imo) once the playoffs start.

The fact that you basically say Wade won in 2006 because of FT's even though he absolutely torched the Mav's with Mid-Range Jumpers in the same series shows that you either dont watch Wade play or your biased against him.

Wouldn't be surprised if its the latter since your a Mav's/Dirk fan apparently.
    25, 18, 21

MOV 2, 1, 3

FIX

now back to the topic at hand.

FG's Made (Not FT's) (2006 Finalz) DWade.

G1 : 11 (L)
    G2 : 6 (L)
    G3 : 14 (W)
    G4 : 13 (W)
    G5 : 11 (W)
    G6 : 10 (W)

25 PPG in the 4 Wins on FG's.

Now back to the topic.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-21-2011 at 09:31 AM.

I dont understand why some people take such offense to topics like these

No one in there right mind can argue Lebrons shot is better than Kobes. I take into account footwork, post moves, ability to get a shot off whenever he wants. (yes cue the often and shot jacker comments!)

Lebron is obviously more athletic and most of the time a better defender. As the last seasons finals and even playoffs proved, Lebrons lack of post moves and reliable jump shot hurts his team. When he cant blow past Pierce anymore, whether its extra weight, injury whatever, its time to lock yourself in the gym and work on your jumpshot/post moves...

Im not a Lebron hater, I love watching him play, but if he wants to be the king and win a ring he better work on a few things. Also I agree on Wades jumper becoming better in the playoffs, always seems that way.

Agree with you coin but I dont think Lebron has a "bad Jumpshot" Kobe's is just better.

Lebron has obviously worked on his shot over the years and its gotten much better especially from Mid-Range.

Sometimes you just have bad games, or a bad series it happens.

Kobe has gone through the same thing in many playoff series before.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Next up:
    Kobe has more rings than LeBron.
    Kobe had Shaq.
    LeBron is a choke.
    Kobe is a rapist.
    LeBrick.
    Kobetard.
    Gasol 2010 FMVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienceslav
    Gasol 2010 FMVP.

Local High School Star

Agree with you coin but I dont think Lebron has a "bad Jumpshot" Kobe's is just better.

Lebron has obviously worked on his shot over the years and its gotten much better especially from Mid-Range.

Sometimes you just have bad games, or a bad series it happens.

Kobe has gone through the same thing in many playoff series before.
    Name 5 All Star Non Bigs that Lebron has a better jumpshot then...

I'll start you off: Rondo, Rose, Westbrook.... lol congrats Lebron, better than 3 guys who barely started their careers

Name me Five Wing Players with Jumpers significantly better then Lebrons.

1. Kobe
    2. Durant...
    3. ?

FG's Made (Not FT's) (2006 Finalz) DWade.

G1 : 11 (L)
    G2 : 6 (L)
    G3 : 14 (W)
    G4 : 13 (W)
    G5 : 11 (W)
    G6 : 10 (W)

25 PPG in the 4 Wins on FG's.

Now back to the topic.
    It's not my fault Wade is a terrible FT shooter. Dont get mad b/c the 06 Finals were a farse and Wade's ring is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by greensborohill
    It's not my fault Wade is a terrible FT shooter. Dont get mad b/c the 06 Finals were a farse and Wade's ring is fake.
    lol the Mav's had countless opportunitys to win in 2006 they just choked and they choked HARD.

Get over it man.

Wade averaged 25ppg on FG's aka more then 75% of his points so quit acting like the Ref's were the reason your team lost.