Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Is there really any fan here that wouldn't want James on their team?

I can tell you with no hesitation that I do not want Lebron, as talented as he is, on my favorite team. Not now, or any other time in the future. He's a great talent, he may yet win a title or two, but I want nothing to do with that assface. Period.

Default Re: Is there really any fan here that wouldn't want James on their team?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    I can tell you with no hesitation that I do not want Lebron, as talented as he is, on my favorite team. Not now, or any other time in the future. He's a great talent, he may yet win a title or two, but I want nothing to do with that assface. Period.
    Last edited by 305Baller; 11-21-2011 at 01:06 AM.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Kobe was carried in a baby sling in his first 3 Finals.

Kobe carried the LA 0ffense in the 09 Finalz and was the legit FMVP but Gasol's defense on Dwight was almost as important.

in 2010 He was at best Co-MVP with Gasol and needed to be bailed out countless times in the Clutch by Fisher, Artest and especially Gasol who saved his a** in the Final 3 Minutes of G7.

And some people really try to compare him to Jordan?
    Thats what happened? Really

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    I think you might be confused about how to use that clever "U Mad" photo. What could I have to be mad about? The Lakers are my favorite team and they have a shit-ton of Larry O'Brien trophies. Lebron on the other hand, has jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    I think you might be confused about how to use that clever "U Mad" photo. What could I have to be mad about? The Lakers are my favorite team and they have a shit-ton of Larry O'Brien trophies. Lebron on the other hand, has jack.

Teams win Titles not individual players.
    Kobe has only been the best player on one of his 5 championship teams so that alone proves how reliant he has been on his team for his success.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

He wouldn't ever be my favorite player on the team because of how much of a douche he is, but I would put up with him just as I put up with the Jail Blazers. Rasheed was the closest thing to him that I had to deal with. The guy was talented (not on LeBron's level though), and I cheered for him as long as we were fighting for a championship, but as soon as the championship window was closed, I wanted him off the team so fast for being such a douche.

I think the Cavs fans don't want him back.. Also, a lot of Laker/Kobe fans probably don't want him on the team (because of the rivalry.. not between the players, but between the camps of fans of both players).

Maybe Thunder fans don't want LeBron, because of Durant (eventhough I think the two would complement each other, since Durant is great off the ball).

Not airballing my layups anymore BruceLeeBowen's Avatar

'd trade Kobrick and Fisher for LeGoat in a heartbeat.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Why the hell would they offer Haslem more money? His loyalty to Wade and Mike Miller being a newcomer and friend to him were the main reasons, not Lebron.

So that's at least 10 million to spend on a C and PG. Wade + Bosh + some solid role players is pretty much Kobe + Gasol of the East.
    I'm not saying I think he's worth more, but he thinks he is. The only reason he took a discount was the Big 3 taking a paycut to make money for him, and loyalty to the Heat. He was a phone call from Wade (to Bosh and Lebron about taking a pay cut) from signing with Denver for $8 mill per. So if the Heat had money, he would have expected market value (or close to it).

And no, Wade + Bosh is not the same as Kobe + Gasol b/c Kobe + Gasol has Bynum and Odom, making it the best frontcourt in the league by far. There's no way you're getting the equivalent production of Bynum and Odom for $8 million. You couldn't get production equal to ONE of Bynum or Odom for $8 million.

The best they would have gotten was Haywood, and Haywood + Bosh + Haslem is not close to Gasol, Bynum, and Odom.