Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mo Williams tells Bron to F off (video)

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    Haha, i saw that, but what proof do we have of him saying the F word? Lebrons reaction would look the same even if Mo didnt say anything, simply because Mo didnt respond when Lebron tried to greet him, he just walked by and ignored him.
    It was more or less he told LeBron to F-off because of his action, not actually saying it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    thats one of the reasons I think Bron is a punk.

you cant be saying your boy is an allstar and then peace out b/c you felt you didnt have players around you.
    I guess trying HARD to get your teammate into the all star game doesnt make you sound dumb. If he was great no effort would be needed.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    don't know about mo or what he said but i was dissapointed in in jj and boobie..

that crowd tonight came out in droves and were vocal from the start and those two chatting him up took whatever advantage the crowd had given the cavs and nullified it... they made lebron feel at home...

i never exepcted the cavs to win the game but the cav players had a responsibility tonight to back the fans, it's rare in sports where a team has the opportunity to support a fan base, it's always the other way around and all it would have taken was a no holds barred effort. even a loss would be bearable if the cavs gave the effort but sitting there early in the game laughing with lebron was a slap in the face of the fan base
    It was a disgrace and it really went to show just how far the game has drifted from the days that I really loved the NBA. These guys look to put on a show, hopefully win, have fun and make dinner reservations as soon as the final buzzer sounds.

The competitive fire that used to exist when I was coming up in the 80s and 90s is gone. During the game, it occurred to me (and just about every other Cleveland fan) that we need to change the identity of this team. They are soft jumpshooters and hustle guys, currently. I would like to see things built more in the mold of the 80s Pistons or the 90s Knicks/Pacers... Tough, hard-nosed teams that would be a representation of the blue collar fanbase of Cleveland.

Then, it came to me... There aren't those kinds of players anymore. Stern has successfully taken the physicality and toughness out of the game and there is no modern equivalent of Oakley, Mason, Laimbeer, Mahorn, etc.

What we are stuck with are guys like JJ and Boobie who are more interested in chatting it up with a former teammate than trying to show that they can win with less talent by out-toughing an opponent.

I swear, though... Of all the ball-less performances that you may see in today's NBA with the modern player, this one takes the cake. You have a fanbase as rabid as any you will ever see and they are out there smiling and hugging James? Chatting with him during timeouts?

My god. How far we have come.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 12-03-2010 at 01:05 AM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    I guess trying HARD to get your teammate into the all star game doesnt make you sound dumb. If he was great no effort would be needed.
    Mo was having a terrific first half of the season in 2008. Based on his play up to that point, he was a worthy replacement, with or without James' pleads.

Replacement.

See what I mean?

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    thats one of the reasons I think Bron is a punk.

you cant be saying your boy is an allstar and then peace out b/c you felt you didnt have players around you.
    What stupid logic. DWade and Chris Bosh > Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It was a disgrace and it really went to show just how far the game has drifted from the days that I really loved the NBA. These guys look to put on a show, hopefully win, have fun and make dinner reservations as soon as the final buzzer sounds.

The competitive fire that used to exist when I was coming up in the 80s and 90s is gone. During the game, it occurred to me (and just about every other Cleveland fan) that we need to change the identity of this team. They are soft jumpshooters and hustle guys, currently. I would like to see things built more in the mold of the 80s Pistons or the 90s Knicks/Pacers... Tough, hard-nosed teams that would be a representation of the blue collar fanbase of Cleveland.

Then, it came to me... There aren't those kinds of players anymore. Stern has successfully taken the physicality and toughness out of the game and there is no modern equivalent of Oakley, Mason, Laimbeer, Mahorn, etc.

What we are stuck with are guys like JJ and Boobie who are more interested in chatting it up with a former teammate than trying to show that they can win with less talent by out-toughing an opponent.

I swear, though... Of all the ball-less performances that you may see in today's NBA with the modern player, this one takes the cake. You have a fanbase as rabid as any you will ever see and they are out there smiling and hugging James? Chatting with him during timeouts?

My god. How far we have come.

Players in all sports now, are more interested in sitting down with PR people, and marketing their brand, instead of going out there, and putting a guy on his ass. Hell, even Webber, and McHale were talking about it during the halftime of the Warriors and Suns, about how they' would have banged Lebron up, tripped him, fouled him hard, etc.

Heaven forbid though...a fu*king player gets ejected, and suspended now. This isnt the game we once knew man, and I fear it may even get worse in the future.

The era of the "superstar" has been coming in for awhile now.

Learning to shoot layups EDART King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilWesleyJ4
    The same Mo Williams that thought about retiring because of Lebrons decision?

Total *****.

I really watched the video 5 times and couldnt find where Mo Williams tells Bron to F off. It seems some of you saw it. Can you give me the time mark? Or are you just making up things? I'm lost.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BoNafidde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I really watched the video 5 times and couldnt find where Mo Williams tells Bron to F off. It seems some of you saw it. Can you give me the time mark? Or are you just making up things? I'm lost.
    He said it with his body language

I think people were establishing that he tells Bron to "fu*k off" by his cold shoulder treatment.

Hell if I know.

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    What stupid logic. DWade and Chris Bosh > Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison

Good High School Starter

Didn't LeBron and Mo hug before the game? Get outta here with this.

Saw a basketball once mchalmers15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoNafidde
    He said it with his body language

I think people were establishing that he tells Bron to "fu*k off" by his cold shoulder treatment.

Hell if I know.

I'm going to chalk it up to reaching by some.

Quote Originally Posted by Faberg
    Didn't LeBron and Mo hug before the game? Get outta here with this.
    Yeah, I also would have liked to seen the two before the camera flashes to that particular instance.