Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Paul Pierce saying he is the best, not Kobe

Default Re: Paul Pierce saying he is the best, not Kobe

Pierce is the best player on the planet?

he's not even the best player on his own team...

Banned

Something probably got lost in translation because under no circumstance is PP34 the best player in the league. He doesnt even have an argument for top 5. I hope Bron sees this because he will eat him alive next time they play.

It's nice to see this years success gone to his head.

People take too much stock into how good a player says he is. This is really a non-issue. We're getting way too PC when there is an uproar because a player said he thinks he's the best. This is worse than the Gilbert thinks the Wiz can win a title thread.

this article is BS

Banned

Kobe nor Lebron have ever led a team to the title. Pierce has a finals mvp and did so against both players.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    People take too much stock into how good a player says he is. This is really a non-issue. We're getting way too PC when there is an uproar because a player said he thinks he's the best. This is worse than the Gilbert thinks the Wiz can win a title thread.
    what's worse is that this probably wasn't even translated correctly.

Banned

Has Kobe ever admitted that anyone is better than him, or said that another player is the best in the league? No. So why is it a big deal if Pierce acts the same way? "I would expect nothing less from a competitor such as Pierce."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Has Kobe ever admitted that anyone is better than him, or said that another player is the best in the league? No. So why is it a big deal if Pierce acts the same way? "I would expect nothing less from a competitor such as Pierce."
    Has Kobe ever mentioned he was the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Piercethetruth
    Kobe nor Lebron have ever led a team to the title. Pierce has a finals mvp and did so against both players.

that proves who had the better team, not who is the better player.

are you 14 or something?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Kobe was always like that..PP34 has been quoted saying other players are better then him...now after the finals is he all the sudden a better player?? better competitor??

but this is all assuming something wasnt lost in translation which I think it was...I actually like Pierce as a player and he should think he is the best in the world. THe ones I cant stand on Boston are Allen and KG..

Ok, I"ll deal with you later.

As for what Pierce said, nothing wrong with it. He believes he's the best. He trusts in himself. And he better. It's a competitive sport. It's a competitive world.
    I hate how people here act like players shouldn't think they're good or better than their favorite player. I mean what, you expect them to obsess over PER and all other BS crazes fans obsess themselves with? Hell no. They're the best. They're not backing down. That's what got them where they are. That's what enables Pierce to perform so well in the clutch. To lead the team to the championship. You don't do that, you don't make it that far by deferring and saying people are better than you. **** that. On the other hand, fans go mad and are like "oh he thinks he's better than Jordan, oh he thinks he's better than Kobe bla bla bla". And you know what, they better. Would Kobe back down from Jordan? No. Would Pierce back down from Kobe? No. That's the way to go, that's the mentality to have. That's why I like Sasha. He thinks he's better than everyone, he thinks every shot he takes will go in. And it's a great trait. The only one. It's what makes them great and I fully appreciate it. What, you'd want them to be scared and in awe? AAah.
    I mean, screw sensitive fans taking issue. Seriously.

Banned

Pierce is THE TRUTH, and his statement of being better than Kobe is THE HONEST TRUTH!

Now, comparing Pierce as underrated as he is to Kobe, is a joke. I'm sorry, a joke. Look, I respect Pierce. He's a remarkable, always overlooked player. But to say he's Kobe Bryant level or Kobe Bryant equal is pushing it way beyond the realm of logic.
    I mean, looking at it just from a statistical POV, Kobe had at least comparable stats to those of Pierce this year and while Pierce's finals performance was considered remarkable, Kobe's fans like me right now are ashamed to bring up this years finals appearance by him. Yay yay, I know, more factors involved. For one, Pierce's team won, he was clutch. Kudos. But he also had to go through a defense lot less thicker and was in a million time better situation. Not taking anything away though, Pierce is the truth, Kobe was awful, no excuses. Just proving a point.

As for Kobe's finals performances the years the Lakers won rings, 1 (2000) is comparable to what Pierce did this year. 2 (2001 and 2002) just likely blow Pierce out of the water and Kobe's so far an awful finals performer for whatever the reason. Comparing playoff numbers? Ok, you don't wanna go there.

Bottom line, all things included, of course there's no comparison. Just finals included because you seem to brag how Pierce led his team to the 'ship and all, Kobe still beats him. And Pierce gets praised for leading, Kobe gets questioned for underachieving. See my point? No comparison. Sorry. Which doesn't mean Pierce isn't great, underrated and on top of it all, just a big player. He is. And I respect him big time, I really do.