View Poll Results: Was the "LeChoke" the GOAT legacy ding of all time?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 77.42%
  • No

7 22.58%
  • No, but it's close

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Default Was the 2011 "LeQuit" the single most unforgivable legacy ding of any all timer?

Discuss

Default Re: Was the 2011 "LeQuit" the single most unforgivable legacy ding of any all timer?

Imma go with 2011 Sweptbe

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Default Re: Was the 2011 "LeQuit" the single most unforgivable legacy ding of any all timer?

It's sad that there are MULTIPLE instances of it.

Gilbert said James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

"Go back and look at the tape," he said. "How many shots did he take?"

It's 2004 "Kwitbe" for me.

Huge Kobe fan here. Seriously, I'm monstrously endowed. But being on the anally receiving side of the biggest finals upset in the last 25 years is a bad look. The multiple cherries on top are the the Chauncey Billups admission that they knew Kobe would sabotage the Lakers. The losing with Shaq, Malone, and GP. All in all it's a tough one for me to swallow. But it seems Kobe fans have no trouble swallowing.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Is there were no video to prove it you would have a hard time believing some of the shit Magic Johnson did to lose the 1984 finals when people started calling him

eh 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016 LotteryBe cuts that check by a landslide

Honestly, where do you even start with this pvssy?

Quitting,
    colluding,
    Running away everytime things get too hard,
    always trying to get more help,
    being beaten by largest finals margins,
    not making playoffs in a real conference,
    3-9,
    Entitled and back stabbing passive aggressive team mate,
    PEDs,
    I could go on....

Still baffles me anyone stans this guy, let alone thinks he is even in the same hemisphere as Jordan on or off the court hahahh

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Is there were no video to prove it you would have a hard time believing some of the shit Magic Johnson did to lose the 1984 finals when people started calling him

You think he got all that hate and ended up sitting crying in the shower for half an hour over his statistics? No. It was because he dribbled out the clock when they needed to take a shot for the win. It

Seems I already had one in my gfycat folder....

I might put together something for a full explanation tomorrow....but a lot of it was just ugly. And none of it is captured in stats.

There

Ah. Files were named “tragic” so they were all together....

Just a bunch of head scratching things....

All absolutely key plays at the end of games.

It’s like the mob got to him or something....

I’ve been crying in the showers too. Assuming I didn’t throw it for Gotti of course.

I know no one is immune to choking, but it's shocking to me after 2 championships, 2 FMVP's, literally one of the greatest performances ever his rookie year to win the championship, that Magic could fail so miserably multiple times in the clutch like that, after all the ridiculous success he had up to that point to start his career.

LeBron still hadn't won yet and clearly, the pressure of his first title and all the backlash from the decision got to him. But Magic's, much more arbitrary

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You think he got all that hate and ended up sitting crying in the shower for half an hour over his statistics? No. It was because he dribbled out the clock when they needed to take a shot for the win. It’s because he missed those free throws. It’s because of those crazy late turnovers. The one he just threw to the guy guarding worthy for one(Parish? I don’t remember for sure but he was fronting worthy and magic just threw him the ball).

You out here talking about turnover percentage and game score....

The shit is on YouTube. I’m watching football right now. I’m not getting up to assemble a bunch of clips.
    the standards were higher back then for superstars - so Magic wept over his mistakes and apologized to fans, while Lebron told everyone to f.uck themselves and go back to their shitty lives

No one felt sorry for Magic or gave him a break - they called him Tragic for a couple butchered possessions that lost the game .. Otoh, only social media buries Lebron for his butchered possessions and 2nd rate production in 2011 - the mainstream media literally ignores 2011 and anything prior tbh.. they ignore 2010 too..

Here's Isiah ignoring 2010 and 2011 when discussing Lebron, while Mike Greenburg and Jalen don't correct him:

"2019 was a failure for Lebron and this is the first time we've seen him fail like this on the professional level"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7977woGzrU&t=0m12s

His first professional failure? Really?? .. ... And apparently people like you go for it - you try to ignore 2011 and think "tragic" Johnson compares to it.. But Magic still led his team in production/gamescore, while Lebron was third on his team - Lebron's 2011 failure goes WAY beyond a couple butchered possessions.. He butchered the possessions AND became a 3rd rate player in general for the whole series..

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    you can't quote my post because the stats are too damning

You're forgetting that the standards were higher back then for superstars - so Magic wept over his mistakes and apologized to fans, while Lebron told everyone to f.uck themselves and go back to their shitty lives

No one felt sorry for Magic or gave him a break - they called him Tragic for a couple butchered possessions that lost the game .. Otoh, only social media buries Lebron for his butchered possessions and 2nd rate production in 2011 - the mainstream media literally ignores 2011 and anything prior tbh.. they ignore 2010 too..

Here's Isiah ignoring 2010 and 2011 when discussing Lebron, while Mike Greenburg and Jalen don't correct him:

"2019 was a failure for Lebron and this is the first time we've seen him fail like this on the professional level"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7977woGzrU&t=0m12s

His first professional failure? Really?? .. ... And apparently people like you go for it - you try to ignore 2011 and think "tragic" Johnson compares to it.. But Magic still led his team in production/gamescore, while Lebron was third on his team - Lebron's 2011 failure goes WAY beyond a couple butchered possessions.. He butchered the possessions AND became a 3rd rate player in general for the whole series..
    Not even CLOSE to being true The likes of LeBron & Kobe get crucified for their failures when other ATG's who did the same or similar don't even get theirs mentioned.

In the internet/social media age, the stars of today get picked apart significantly more, and with all the access to information today, their failures are much more well documented than the stars of the past. It's honestly not even disputable.

Your stats? I