Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Jordan - "You think there is a better team than the 96 bulls ? Prove it."

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound

McHale would shoot around 60% FG on Rodman: that is if he is not fouled by the third quarter
    Walton-McHale-Parish-Bird would eat Rodman Pippen and Longley in Rebounding
    Pippen would get schooled by Larry Bird (Pippen said Bird was the hartest player he had to guard)
    DJ would still be making great desicions despite Jordan scoring on him all day

Eventually the Bulls Team are Too Small to Compete against the Best Passing Team and Frontline Ever with Bird-McHale and Parish at their best.

No way could Rodman guard Parish well or Walton
    What a load of ****ing horse shit. How would they eat the bulls rebounding alive? Pippen never guarded Bird when he was in his defensive prime. Pippen was stronger in 96. Gtfo Mchale isn't shooting 60% on Rodman. Why couldn't Rodman guard them. Rodman guarded Shaq. Rodman upperbody is like Ben Wallace. Lmfao at Rodman can't guard parish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BiOw4TWo Longer was a good post defender too. The bulls were the better defensive team too. I normally agree with your posts, but almost everything in your reply was complete and other garbage.

Default Re: Jordan - "You think there is a better team than the 96 bulls ? Prove it."

I think that some of you guys see the 80's as the 50's. Boston may have been at a slight athleticism disadvantage to the 1996 Bulls but not by much. Bird Mchale Parish DJ Walton, these guys all played against Jordan at his most athletic. It's not like guys 10 years later are in a different universe athletically. I'm mean Luc Longley for chrissakes. The altheticism issue is way overblown.

85 Lakers
    86 Celtics
    87 Lakers
    96 Bulls
    01 Lakers

These teams are just a few that have a shot at the best ever. Expansion and rule changes are a factor. I'd love to see if anyone including Kareem could even stay with a prime 2001 Shaq. Of all these teams who's gonna guard that guy? Then you have a young Kobe who was just coming into his own as a superstar and a bunch of very capable role players. The Bulls were a little weak in the front court because they weren't very deep there. I pick 2001 Lakers over 1996 Bulls. The other teams are a toss up and could go either way on any given day.

Good college starter

What about the Boston Celtics of thr 1960's with Bill Russell? 11 rings? I'm just saying.