Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Is Dwyane Wade the greatest shot blocking guard in league history?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    You knoe bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man, matter of fact, you could say that Wade is the most versitile shotblocker to ever play the game, and im talkin all positions. How you ask, cause Wade gets his blocks evey way possible, over the last 8 years he leads all players and positions in blocked jumpshots, bigs dont block many jumpers. Im willing to bet he is top 10 in man to man blocks for all positions considering most bigs get theirs off help, and im willing to bet that he leads all players in fastbreak blocks, dude is pound for pound the best shotblocker to ever play the game really, theres not much disputing it.
    Wow, this is one of thhe most rdiculous posts ever. And you call me a bad poster oldschool? Wow

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Wow, this is one of thhe most rdiculous posts ever. And you call me a bad poster oldschool? Wow
    LMAO, what was rediculous, are you just uneducated and dont know what versitile means, name me one person in the league who blocks shots more ways than Wade, ill wait.

Oh yeah, and name me somebody who blocks more jumpers, or who gets more on the break (Bron and him should be close).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Whether Wade is or Jordan is...97 Bulls your opinion is clearly subjective. We've agreed on other things before...but you are clearly biased in your argument here. If you can't be objective than why bother? Your opinion is marred by bias.

owwwww

Yes.

And Wade is averaging even more blocks if everyone at his position (and the league) was less athletic and undersized. lol @ comparing raw numbers when one guy was so much more ahead of his time. We've had long time Bulls fans on here tell us how MJ would purposely let his guy drive in just so he could block him and get his defensive stats up. Wade meets people at the rim WAY more than MJ did, he's like a big man.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 06-07-2011 at 11:27 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Tonight's game has me convinced he is #1. Did you see that block on Chandler?

I usually hit open layups

Yes....

MY BOSS IS A ***** Marquis Daniels's Avatar

someone gif that shit

NBA rookie of the year

You knoe bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man,
    What kind of BS is this? 40%? Try less than 10%, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Whether Wade is or Jordan is...97 Bulls your opinion is clearly subjective. We've agreed on other things before...but you are clearly biased in your argument here. If you can't be objective than why bother? Your opinion is marred by bias.
    No more than his opinion as a heat fan. Besides, what did I say that was biased? Career-wise, jordan is the all-time leader for block by a SG. His career avg is .08 and wade is at 1.0. You don't think that if wade is able to play another 7 years which will include a time that he will clearly be below what we see from him today athletically, that his blks will drop below jordan?

And even when we disagree you still my boy.

LMAO, what was rediculous, are you just uneducated and dont know what versitile means, name me one person in the league who blocks shots more ways than Wade, ill wait.

Oh yeah, and name me somebody who blocks more jumpers, or who gets more on the break (Bron and him should be close).
    Wade is an amzing shot blocker. But you were saying things that were just off the cuff. I do think wade is the best non big-man shot blocker in the league today. But not in history. Jordan was just as versitle and like I said earlier, he didn't have the huge advantage of being able to roam freely.

But that block on chandler was as amazing as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Yes.

And Wade is averaging even more blocks if everyone at his position (and the league) was less athletic and undersized. lol @ comparing raw numbers when one guy was so much more ahead of his time. We've had long time Bulls fans on here tell us how MJ would purposely let his guy drive in just so he could block him and get his defensive stats up. Wade meets people at the rim WAY more than MJ did, he's like a big man.
    that's exactly correct. Wade is a much better "rim protector" than MJ was. Wade has blocked just about every 7-footer in the league, and right at the rim. go to youtube and you'll see that site is filled with them.

For gods sakes the Heat place Wade like a center roaming around the rim late in games. How many teams employ their 6-foot-4 SG at the rim late in games to protect the rim ?? lol. And Wade has been doing that for years.

Do yourself a favor and watch the last 5 minutes of game 5 against boston again. Wade is down there like a center and altered a bunch of shots right at the rim. All were misses because of Wade.

The Celtics didn't make a single bucket in the final 5 minutes of regulation. Not one for their entire team... mostly because of Wade.
    Last edited by Heat007; 06-08-2011 at 12:47 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Wade meets people at the rim WAY more than MJ did, he's like a big man.
    He does that because he's always NEAR the rim to begin with. Wade NEVER (or at least very seldom) covers a lot of ground laterally on his block attempts in the paint, and that's because he doesn't HAVE TO by and large since he's frequently roaming around in and near the lane anyway. The rules facilitate this. Go watch any of his at the rim blocks and pay attention to where he starts from.

lol @ thinking MJ wouldn't be at 1.2 bpg annually under zone rules - I can't imagine the havoc he would cause defensively if you allowed him to play areas and hang around the lane more. double lol @ "he's like a big man", which is a comment I've seen many Wade homers make. Wade gets credit for his fantastic timing/anticipation, effort and intensity on the defensive end, but to act like what he does couldn't be done by a select couple of other elite shotblocking SG's in history given zone rules is farcical.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 06-08-2011 at 12:47 AM.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    I'm sure the likes of Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor (6'4-6'5) or even some smaller guys would had many more blocks than Wade.
    Not Robertson or Baylor, but Jerry West deserves mention.

Bill Sharman: Although they didn

You know bout 40% of Wades blocks comes off his man, matter of fact, you could say that Wade is the most versitile shotblocker to ever play the game, and im talkin all positions. How you ask, cause Wade gets his blocks evey way possible, over the last 8 years he leads all players and positions in blocked jumpshots, bigs dont block many jumpers. Im willing to bet he is top 10 in man to man blocks for all positions considering most bigs get theirs off help, and im willing to bet that he leads all players in fastbreak blocks, dude is pound for pound the best shotblocker to ever play the game really, theres not much disputing it.

Yes siree

Wade hit the mark of 1+ bpg again this season.. and he he had 1+ bpg in "every round" of this year's playoffs (1.3 vs knicks, 1.3 vs pacers, 1.4 vs celtics, 1.2 vs OKC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiy0wgWUz0

Sorry hank, but D-Whistle is washed up.