Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan Isn't Better Than Karl Malone

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    LOL did you not see Duncan play alongside true centers in Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammed?

Duncan plays power forward just as much Kevin McHale did, or Pau Gasol, or Elton Brand, etc..... it's called "power" forward for a reason.

To say Duncan played no power forward is simply ignorance. Go watch the dude in his prime and tell me he didn't have attributes that other great PF's have.
    It was before the 80s called Big Forward.

Powerforwards: play facing the rival and basket as much as have a post game back to the basket.

If they don`t play facing the basket then they are called Center-Forwards or Forward-Centers: what Duncan is, Gasol is, Elvin Hayes was etc

Duncan is a CF

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Double post: I dunno why Nazr and Rasho are the crux of your post. It could have easily been a big body or workman, too. They were just big bodies to throw around at other Cs. They are fill ins. It's easier, I guess, to get a decent big body 7 footer than it is to get a big body PF who can start, I guess? Those guys are trash of trash and had no part in their offense other than just taking up space and fouling guys like Shaq.

-Smak
    Rasho and Nazr had no part in the Spurs offense? I don't think you even watched those teams lol. They weren't all-stars (obviously), but they certainly had a place. Nazr Mohammed was the 5th scorer for the 2005 Spurs playoff team - ahead of the Brent Barry, the backup PG in Beno, starting SF in Bowen, Rasho, and Devin Brown. Not just any center could cut it for the Spurs - they sought out Rasho AS SOON as Robinson retired, because Duncan was their man at the 4.

Honestly, are you trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Dude, go back and watch Duncan in his best seasons.... he WAS getting a ton of high touches. He STILL gets alot of high touches, more than ever before probably.

He put the ball on the floor and created for himself (ala Malone or Stoudemire) waaaay more than you guys are acknowledging or giving him credit for... hell, even high pick and pops/rolls were a big part of his game.

In 2004.... 54% of Duncan's shots came from jump shots.... 44% came from inside the paint.

I'm not making this up. This is a big man who was an expert on banking shots in and taking jumpers at the elbow and high post.

And please, explain to me how Dwight Howard should be considered more of a PF than Duncan.... "Dwight probably still is a PF", judging by the definitions of PF and C, please explain that to me.
    At this point, we are just saying the same things over and over. If you can't get the idea of what I am saying by what I have already posted, we are just gonna have to let it go.

-Smak

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    It was before the 80s called Big Forward.

Powerforwards: play facing the rival and basket as much as have a post game back to the basket.

If they don`t play facing the basket then they are called Center-Forwards or Forward-Centers: what Duncan is, Gasol is, Elvin Hayes was etc

Duncan is a CF
    Like I said, you guys are confusing the Duncan now with the one who was owning the league in the early-mid 2000's.

His face up game was not lacking, at all, definitely warranted the power forward label.

He played center too, no doubt, which is why I agree with a PF/C label.

But Duncan, from when he came into the league to now, is hardly a true centre.

Magic Johnson

I have a hard time believing Duncan fell off so quickly. It's almost like the Spurs have forgot how to play with him. Hopefully they'll get him more touches in the post so he's ready to play come playoff time.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    At this point, we are just saying the same things over and over. If you can't get the idea of what I am saying by what I have already posted, we are just gonna have to let it go.

-Smak
    I just don't think you know what you're talking about.

You went from saying "nothing about Duncan's game says power forward" to saying "I'm not saying Duncan can't play PF"...

So please explain to me how Duncan CAN play power forward (you already admitted he can)... what about his abilities allows him to play PF without sticking out like a sore thumb?

and at the same time explain to me how Dwight Howard "probably still IS a power forward"..... I don't understand that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I have a hard time believing Duncan fell off so quickly. It's almost like the Spurs have forgot how to play with him. Hopefully they'll get him more touches in the post so he's ready to play come playoff time.
    Knees are shot.

When he said he was going to ride until the wheels fell off, he meant it. It sucks.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Duncan choked plenty of times.. His teammates bailed him out in the 2007 finals.. He stunk vs La in 2004 with KARL MALONE GUARDING HIM.. Or shall I say shutting him down..
    Karl Malone never shut Duncan down. In the 04 series the Lakers packed the lane to keep Parker out of it. Duncan had no room either. He got his team so many threes. Not his fault Turkeyglue went like 1 for 100. He had a 30 point game, a 24 point game. He had the monster game of 21 and 21. Fisher ruined that party. LoL he even nearly had a triple double in one of his ****ed up games. Hld Malone and Shaq way below their standards. Duncan>Shaq>Malone.
    In 07 Tim won the NBA finals in game one. He didnt even try after that. Check the stats and watch the game.
    Last edited by Big#50; 03-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    They need at least 15/10 from him to beat LA. I dont think Spurs came to play this last Sunday. But Duncan hasn't played against them in all three games.