Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Scottie Pippen is the most Overrated AND Underrated player ever

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Yeah, I really don't know how Kobe's name even got in this thread...Weird..
    Whatup d00d? Ha. This basically happens every time someone talks about the Bulls teams in general. Nothing new.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    you dont think Brad Miller, Mike Bibby, Bobby Jackson, and Doug Christie were part of the Kings succuss that year? Lets not forget about Peja's defense.
    Being second in the league in scoring and leading your team to 55 wins and finishing 4th in MVP voting is not unusual.

I agree catch, they are obsessed with Kobe for some reason and have elevated Jordan to demigod status with all the myths they have created about him.

Lets cut the bs.

Kobe stans have ALWAYS done that to diminish MJ's legacy.

They've always said that MJ couldn't win without Kobe to counter the Shaq carried Kobe argument.
    So what? Even if we accept that fact that Jordan could not have won by himself neither could have Kobe. Then we are left to compare the two players on an individual basis and MJ crushes Kobe.

Maybe it is all a big Laker fan conspiracy to elevate Kareem and Magic, who are real rivals of MJ in the GOAT discussion, not Kobe who is only arguably top 10 all-time if he wins the title this year.

I forgot that brans!

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    That team very well could have went on to the Finals if they could have avoided the Lakers for one more round. If Webber was healthy, this team is easily #1 in the West. Even with Webber injured for quite a bit, they were only 3 wins behind San Antonio for #1 in the West.
    Exactly. Peja deserved to be high in the MVP vote.

Spare the nonsense. You fanatics expect every fan to write a sonnet about Jordan, it's pathetic.
    Exactly. They made Fatal "prove" his loyalty to MJ's GOAT status the other day. These guys want you to sign loyalty oaths to MJ every other day.
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 06-13-2009 at 05:38 PM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Yeah, I really don't know how Kobe's name even got in this thread...Weird..
    Stop it.... please stop it.

The ONLY time this ever becomes an issue, is because KOBE STANS bring it up.

Now all of a sudden you guys have no idea why his name is mentioned.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Stop it.... please stop it.

The ONLY time this ever becomes an issue, is because KOBE STANS bring it up.

Now all of a sudden you guys have no idea why his name is mentioned.

LOL
    You're still the only one talking about Kobe kiddo. Keep digging that hole of yours.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Generally the crowd that overrates him(outside of Kobe stans, whose agenda is obvious) or underrates him are those who simply never watched him play outside of ESPN Classic or YT highlight videos. But those who did do give him his due. He was a borderline Top 5 player for a 3-4 year stretch - 93-94 to 96-97. Terrific defensively, and good at all the other aspects of the game. What ultimately hurts and helps Pip's standing in NBA history is that he played with a player that was so much better than him. MJ overshadowed Pip's contributions, but on the positive side playing with MJ also allowed Pip to win more than he would've alongside any other player. And winning so much is the only reason why Pippen's relevant today...because his numbers, while good, are nothing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Being second in the league in scoring and leading your team to 55 wins and finishing 4th in MVP voting is not unusual.

I agree catch, they are obsessed with Kobe for some reason and have elevated Jordan to demigod status with all the myths they have created about him.
    i'm just saying MVP votings is a little more irrelevant as poeple portrayed it as
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 06-13-2009 at 05:43 PM.

How do you overrate a top 50 player of all time (HoFer) and one of, if not the best perimeter defenders in history?

owwwww

Still trying to figure out how exactly Pippen can be overrated when no one on this forum has ever questioned who the leader on the Bulls teams was, or said something like Pippen = top 15. There were two threads along the lines of "Dr. J or Pippen" and "Lebron or Pippen" and not a single person (rightly) picked Scottie. So where are you making this stuff up from?

MJ fans have never diminished Pip.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    How do you overrate a top 50 player of all time (HoFer) and one of, if not the best perimeter defenders in history?

Because there's the possibility that without GOAT, Pip is top 10 all-time.

Whatup d00d? Ha. This basically happens every time someone talks about the Bulls teams in general. Nothing new.
    Sup bro....Some MJ "Hanes Wearer's" have their greased hands so tight on MJ's Shaft it's ashame...Fans of Pippen can't even be fans...Because soon as they talk good about him and list facts....They are called Kobe Apostles...

Now, I don't give a sh!t...Anyone with a Brain know's MJ is the GOAT...But I guess the "Hanes Wearer's" also wan't you to lick his belly button and light his cigar aswell....

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock

So what? Even if we accept that fact that Jordan could not have won by himself neither could have Kobe. Then we are left to compare the two players on an individual basis and MJ crushes Kobe.

Maybe it is all a big Laker fan conspiracy to elevate Kareem and Magic, who are real rivals of MJ in the GOAT discussion, not Kobe who is only arguably top 10 all-time if he wins the title this year.

I forgot that brans!
    But that's not the point.

Kobe stans are the ones that started that argument, because they knew that they couldn't argue them based on individual basis.

I've been through these arguments for years, I'll give you a quick history.

First they said Kobe was a better athlete..... that was debunked
    Then they tried to say he was better due to his stats..... that was debunked
    Then they tried to say Kobe was gonna be more successful..... that was debunked
    So they started to say "MJ won because of Pip" as a way to diminish MJ's rings.... that didn't work to well, but they kept at it (still do).
    Then it was "Kobe plays against the 'zone'"..... that was debunked.

We can accept that Pip played a huge role. But we all know that MJ was the leader, the one that led them to those titles. But Kobe STANS make it seem as if PIp was the man, that Pip was the reason, that Pip is MJ's equal.

They've even posted the pick of a sick MJ helped up by Pip, and said "Proof that he carried Mj to those rings"...... are you kidding me?

LOL

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    i'm just saying MVP votings is a little more irrelevant as poeple portrayed it as
    It is relevant when the guy played at roughly the same level from 1992-97 but was given true MVP consideration only once. You guys cannot cite him never winning a MVP and then ignore why he never did: playing in the shadow of the GOAT. You are comparing this to a one a hit wonder in Peja.

Again, why are people still talking about KOBE ROFL?????

But that's not the point.

Kobe stans are the ones that started that argument, because they knew that they couldn't argue them based on individual basis.

I've been through these arguments for years, I'll give you a quick history.

First they said Kobe was a better athlete..... that was debunked
    Then they tried to say he was better due to his stats..... that was debunked
    Then they tried to say Kobe was gonna be more successful..... that was debunked
    So they started to say "MJ won because of Pip" as a way to diminish MJ's rings.... that didn't work to well, but they kept at it (still do).
    Then it was "Kobe plays against the 'zone'"..... that was debunked.

We can accept that Pip played a huge role. But we all know that MJ was the leader, the one that led them to those titles. But Kobe STANS make it seem as if PIp was the man, that Pip was the reason, that Pip is MJ's equal.

They've even posted the pick of a sick MJ helped up by Pip, and said "Proof that he carried Mj to those rings"...... are you kidding me?

LOL
    What Kobe stans you hang around who think Pippen Carried MJ????

Alpha Wolf and Pah???...

You're still the only one talking about Kobe kiddo. Keep digging that hole of yours.
    Clever and cute, but we all know I'm correct.