Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Default LeBron James, from rags to riches? Ghetto to a mansion? Success story?

I think a lot of fans don't know much about the actual background of LeBron James, I invite you to watch this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUE2zflk94o

Tell me what your thoughts are after viewing that. Some of you may already know this, but I think most don't.

Default Re: LeBron James, from rags to riches? Ghetto to a mansion? Success story?

Not being a hater, but what makes his story any better then half the players in the league? Apart from the fact that he is a superstar, though the same can be said for Wade. He had a bad childhood, if not worse then this.

Most of them came from rough areas.

Default Re: LeBron James, from rags to riches? Ghetto to a mansion? Success story?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Not being a hater, but what makes his story any better then half the players in the league? Apart from the fact that he is a superstar, though the same can be said for Wade. He had a bad childhood, if not worse then this.

Ok, I want you to quote any part of this post that I said "LeBron's story is better than other players in the league"????

You are so f'ing negative and ruin over 50% of the threads you post in!

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Lebron James is the ultimate sucess story. However, keep in mind his riches came because he possesses amazing physical talents, the willpower to develop them into something amazing, and the smarts to know what to do in order to keep rising.

This can be analogous to say a smart person growing up in an economically disadvantaged background. He/she grows up and the smarts gets them scholarships and hard work gets them advanced degrees.

However, rags to riches in America is mostly a myth. Those who are poor and not very special (most people) stay poor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Ok, I want you to quote any part of this post that I said "LeBron's story is better than other players in the league"????

You are so f'ing negative and ruin over 50% of the threads you post in!
    I didn't mean to make it out like that.

Simply that its no different to a lot of players. Just saying that a lot of players should be acknowledged for their success stories.

Caron Butler, Paul Pierce, Garnett, Wade, etc.

I didn't mean to make it out like that.

Simply that its no different to a lot of players. Just saying that a lot of players should be acknowledged for their success stories.

Caron Butler, Paul Pierce, Garnett, Wade, etc.
    Here, here's a Wade video I created that shows what type of upbringing he had:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1SKFntjMYE

Happy? Now can you post the other success stories in another thread? Your agenda is showing.
    (plowking's subconscious: "better diminish this quick")

Here, here's a Wade video I created that shows what type of upbringing he had:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1SKFntjMYE

Happy? Now can you post the other success stories in another thread? Your agenda is showing.
    (plowking's subconscious: "better diminish this quick")
    Oh FFS.

I don't care who the hell you post about. Post about MJ for all I care. I'm just saying there are many players who over come a lot in their life, some more, some less.

What agenda could I possibly have in this thread? Arguing who has had the rougher upbringing?

Oh FFS.

I don't care who the hell you post about. Post about MJ for all I care. I'm just saying there are many players who over come a lot in their life, some more, some less.

What agenda could I possibly have in this thread? Arguing who has had the rougher upbringing?
    I'm asking you kindly, and I use the word sir out of respect, sir, could you please refrain from posting in my threads with negativity? Please.

This is the way I took your comment and I'm sure other readers will too: oh well, LeBron had it tough, oh well so many other players had it tough too, big deal. That's the way I took your comment and I'm sure many others will too.

So I ask kindly, to please stop ruining threads like this.

Custom User Title

How about this instead--Kobe Bryant, from moderately wealthy to insanely rich? Suburban mid-class house to a million room compound?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

actually, not trying to be a hater, but i agree with this for the most part. the only difference is that bron' has risen to the top in his profession (most deservedly so). but there are a lot of amazing stories that are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    actually, not trying to be a hater, but i agree with this for the most part. the only difference is that bron' has risen to the top in his profession (most deservedly so). but there are a lot of amazing stories that are similar.

I know. It's amazing what Bron has done. He is the 2nd highest grossing athlete in the NBA at the moment just behind Kobe and just ahead of Wade. His story is a success story, though I was merely trying to say that its not any more impressive then a large number of athletes.

But, I'm a hater.

I know. It's amazing what Bron has done. He is the 2nd highest grossing athlete in the NBA at the moment just behind Kobe and just ahead of Wade. His story is a success story, though I was merely trying to say that its not any more impressive then a large number of athletes.

But, I'm a hater.
    This is not a comparison thread. It was a thread to discuss LeBron James's rise to success. Possibly enlighten some fans on a few things they don't know. Why don't you make a thread that chronicles the great rises from each individual athlete in pro-sports. Be my guest.

This is not a comparison thread. It was a thread to discuss LeBron James's rise to success. Possibly enlighten some fans on a few things they don't know. Why don't you make a thread that chronicles the great rises from each individual athlete in pro-sports. Be my guest.
    Look, I'm sorry I mentioned other players had it rough. Get over it.

Look, I'm sorry I mentioned other players had it rough. Get over it.
    Well, thank you for your thoughs on LeBron's childhood and rise to being a superstar. Thank you very much.

Well, thank you for your thoughs on LeBron's childhood and rise to being a superstar. Thank you very much.
    I said that his story is amazing, especially due to becoming the 2nd largest grossing player in the NBA.