Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

Default Re: Could LeBron guard SHAQ effectively?

He can't guard Marc Gasol htf is he supposed to guard Shaq?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Correction: He can front big guys and try to deny them the entry pass, otherwise he can not guard big men very well.
    Well most "Centers" now a days are power forwards masquerading as centers. And he can front Pau Gasol, because well a 2 year old could deny Gasol from getting an entry pass.

....at the end of the day, Lebron could guard Shaq more effectively than what Shaq could guard him....

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    ....at the end of the day, Lebron could guard Shaq more effectively than what Shaq could guard him....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEG4XeEDQ4M

[COLOR="White"]lol[/COLOR]

7-time NBA All-Star

Just look at Shaq and Lebron standing next to each other and picture Lebron trying to stop Shaq from getting deep position.

Lebron would be giving up at least 6 inches and 75 pounds to prime Shaq. No amount of double teams in the world could stop Shaq from getting a 40/20 game with Lebron guarding him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    Jordan at 6'5-6'6 came of 2 defenders with a simple spinoff layup getting met by Shaq, he didnt really have a clear runway to launch his supposed 48" vertical leap.... i am talking about 1 on 1 here for example... there is not anything Shaq could do defensively against a prime Jordan (or Lebron) at all, not even stand under the rim and try block his dunking facials (to much space to launch themselves very high in the air)... defensively Jordan was ridicilously smart & quick, he would be able to be pesky, but Shaq would kill him aswell... gets to a mute point to what the outcome of a 1on1 game would be...

Lebron is closer to 6'9-260.... stronger, bigger than Jordan... he would therefore logically be able to do a better job defensively on Shaq than Jordan.... and maybe a better job guarding Shaq than what Shaq could guard him (please dont think i mean anything else).... overall Shaq would destroy Lebron (or anybody) defensively.... but to be fair, Lebron would be just as unguardable to Shaq (or maybe even more unguardable)...
    Last edited by pauk; 12-24-2012 at 11:31 AM.

OP is just trolling.. Theres no way LeBrick can guard Prime or Current Shaq effectively.. I wonder why this kind of thread is still not deleted.. Its not even a good topic for discussion in the first place.. Obviously a troll attempt.. At Mods

Decent college freshman

superstar players cant be stopped. they can be limited.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    OP is just trolling.. Obviously a troll attempt..

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Just look at Shaq and Lebron standing next to each other and picture Lebron trying to stop Shaq from getting deep position.

Lebron would be giving up at least 6 inches and 75 pounds to prime Shaq. No amount of double teams in the world could stop Shaq from getting a 40/20 game with Lebron guarding him.
    Yea and thing with Shaq is not that it was as simple as he was tall and had weight.... its that he was a freak of nature, he could move, jump, outpower, explode etc. like NOBODY ever at that size, it was just inhumane... NOBODY could guard Shaq effectively...
    Last edited by pauk; 12-24-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    So? we aren't talking about that. Stop trying to salvage something for LeBron.

Define "effectively".

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Define "effectively".
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    would be giving up at least 6 inches and 75 pounds to prime Shaq. No amount of double teams in the world could stop Shaq from getting a 40/20 game with Lebron guarding him.
    Rodman was only about 210-218 pounds and slightly shorter than LeBron. I thought he did a good job of getting Shaq out of his comfort areas. There were a couple of times where he had trouble backing him down. He didn't guard him much, but when he did, he did a good job from the games that I watched.

LeBron isn't Rodman tho.

Thread concieved to disprove LeBron being able to guard all positions, which most basketball fans know is ridiculous.

LeBron can be somewhat effective on smaller 4s for a couple posessions but he obviously can't guard prime Shaq.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

As much of a Lebron stan that I could be I'd never say he could.
    Rodman didn't guard The Big Shaqtus that we came to know. Even Rodman wouldn't be able to.