Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Kobe Bryant was a better dunker than Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio

Watch and learn^^^^^

Jordan has never done anything close to that, let alone in a REAL GAME!
    This isn't exactly a great dunk. Are any of us supposed to be marveling at this?

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Jordan is a better dunker, period. Move on rubio...you're the only idiot who thinks he's a better dunker. Kobe isn't even on the same tier as Jordan as a dunker. And that dunk ^^^ up there isn't even that impressive, so I Don't know why you posted it.
    I'm not the only one who believes Kobe is better, read the replies and look at the views, not to mention straight ballin is the one who bumped the thread, I was content with it drifting away so I could move on to new ideas, I already enlightened the board with the truth!

But while I'm still running the show, take a look at how Kobe swings the ball below his waist, Jordan NEVER did that!

You can't deny it!

You can try trolling and baiting but if you have functional eyes you can't lie to yourself!

How insecure can you be that you are DENYING VISUAL EVIDENCE!?!?!?

Jordan fanboys are crazy and shouldn't be taken seriously!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I'm not the only one who believes Kobe is better, read the replies and look at the views, not to mention straight ballin is the one who bumped the thread, I was content with it drifting away so I could move on to new ideas, I already enlightened the board with the truth!

But while I'm still running the show, take a look at how Kobe swings the ball below his waist, Jordan NEVER did that!

You can't deny it!

You can try trolling and baiting but if you have functional eyes you can't lie to yourself!

How insecure can you be that you are DENYING VISUAL EVIDENCE!?!?!?

Jordan fanboys are crazy and shouldn't be taken seriously!
    I'm more of a jordan hater than a jordan fan you stupid fukk...it's just a simple fact that Jordan is a better dunker, period.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'm one of the biggest kobe fans, and even I admit jordan was a better dunker than kobe LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chokefree
    I'm one of the biggest kobe fans, and even I admit jordan was a better dunker than kobe LOL
    No one cares what you think, Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I'm more of a jordan hater than a jordan fan you stupid fukk...it's just a simple fact that Jordan is a better dunker, period.
    You might prefer his style, but it is a CONCRETE TRUTH that Kobe had more variety and his dunks were more difficult to perform, that is my point, did you not read the OP?

The only "stupid fukk" in this interaction is you, anyone reading this thread is laughing and cringing at you

You're a garbage poster who doesn't provide any insight or interesting perspectives, you don't explain your claims, you make simple and forgettable observations, that's it!

You don't have to be a "Jordan hater" to agree with me, I'm not a Jordan hater, I made it very clear why I believe what I believe, its based on what I have seen, Kobe did better dunks, don't be mad at me for presenting the truth!

End of story!

Notice how we're 7 pages into a diss Jordan thread and 3ball still hasn't even responded to this.

If the title said 'Lebron is a better dunker than Michael Jordan' there'd be 35 pages of 3ball meltdowns by now.

The guy is no MJ fan, he's just a Lebron hater.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Idiot OP has it confused.

He prefers Kobe's style and ignores the fact that MJ has done dunks that Kobe can't do because he lacks the abilities to do so.

Here's an MJ windmill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKcHFrQtyk

The main difference is MJ is leaning and brings it back with one hand. But the motion of a windmill is there; bringing the ball from the top and swinging it down all the way straight down.

Kobe can't lean, can't grab the ball with one hand. He's straight because he can't jump high or far enough aka get enough 'air' (pun intended) to windmill it like MJ, so he NEEDS to do it while standing straight up.

In regards to 360 dunks.

They were in fact EASY for MJ. So easy he rarely tried when he did them, he took a few steps did a 360 and pumped it, that's right, he usually used to pump while doing a 360 with two hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGoJtC_UmE

And then there's this 360 that Bean could never pull off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJK_1dRPumY

Bean can't take off from that distance, he can't jump as high, nor glide like him. Before you cry "that's not a true 360!!" en contrario, it is. He just does it from the side of the rim instead of from the front, and instead of doing it all in one motion while in front of the rim he glides to the other side. But the basic 360 motion is there. He just does it differently.

Again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_S3LwZ6bc

Easy dunk for MJ.

YOU may not like his style, but technically he can do it, just never had to do it in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Idiot OP has it confused.

He prefers Kobe's style and ignores the fact that MJ has done dunks that Kobe can't do because he lacks the abilities to do so.

Here's an MJ windmill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKcHFrQtyk

The main difference is MJ is leaning and brings it back with one hand. But the motion of a windmill is there; bringing the ball from the top and swinging it down all the way straight down.

Kobe can't lean, can't grab the ball with one hand. He's straight because he can't jump high or far enough aka get enough 'air' (pun intended) to windmill it like MJ, so he NEEDS to do it while standing straight up.

In regards to 360 dunks.

They were in fact EASY for MJ. So easy he rarely tried when he did them, he took a few steps did a 360 and pumped it, that's right, he usually used to pump while doing a 360 with two hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGoJtC_UmE

And then there's this 360 that Bean could never pull off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJK_1dRPumY

Bean can't take off from that distance, he can't jump as high, nor glide like him. Before you cry "that's not a true 360!!" en contrario, it is. He just does it from the side of the rim instead of from the front, and instead of doing it all in one motion while in front of the rim he glides to the other side. But the basic 360 motion is there. He just does it differently.

Again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_S3LwZ6bc

Easy dunk for MJ.

YOU may not like his style, but technically he can do it, just never had to do it in a game.

Amazing how you COMPLETELY IGNORED that he wasn't able to do that IN GAMES!

360 dunk "mix".........15 seconds long LOL, you CAN'T be serious!

Kobe INVENTED THE HONEY DIP and there is ZERO footage of Jordan ever completing a through the legs slam!

Jordan couldn't do one handed 360s

Just give it a rest, okay?

The rest of us aren't living in your hypothetical dream world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIoyO_DYKFQ

Kobe TWO HANDED 360, in the PLAYOFFS!

Ironically he is wearing JORDANS while doing it, how fitting!

Amazing how you COMPLETELY IGNORED that he wasn't able to do that IN GAMES!

360 dunk "mix".........15 seconds long LOL, you CAN'T be serious!

Kobe INVENTED THE HONEY DIP and there is ZERO footage of Jordan ever completing a through the legs slam!

Jordan couldn't do one handed 360s

Just give it a rest, okay?

The rest of us aren't living in your hypothetical dream world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIoyO_DYKFQ

Kobe TWO HANDED 360, in the PLAYOFFS!

Ironically he is wearing JORDANS while doing it, how fitting!
    MJ CAN do them, simply never had to do them in a game. As I proved they were EASY for MJ to do them.

1 handed 360

that's child's play for MJ

And again, Kobe didn't invent shit. People were doing that dunk in the streets and as one poster showed, it was done in the NBA in the early 80s.

Also, dunking off the bounce is EASIER than going up with the ball off the dribble.

I've seen plenty scrubs throwing down grazers off the bounce at the gym, but they can't bring it up and throw down (WEAK).

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    MJ CAN do them, simply never had to do them in a game. As I proved they were EASY for MJ to do them.

1 handed 360

that's child's play for MJ

And again, Kobe didn't invent shit. People were doing that dunk in the streets and as one poster showed, it was done in the NBA in the early 80s.

You are COMPLETELY missing the point here (as usual)

You can't award someone based on potential, if you haven't done it you don't deserve credit even if you could have, plain and simple!

You are COMPLETELY missing the point here (as usual)

You can't award someone based on potential, if you haven't done it you don't deserve credit even if you could have, plain and simple!
    NO you're missing the point.

MJ can do them, just never had to.

On the other hand.

Kobe can't do some of the dunks MJ's done, game or by himself in a gym. You wanna babble about who can do what? Kobe aint touching MJ.