Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Default Remember when Jared Sullinger was considered the #1 pick?

He's playing like Boris Diaw. Man's game.

Default Re: Remember when Jared Sullinger was considered the #1 pick?

He's playing as well as a pure PF with zero athleticism can play. Kudos to him.

If the Celtics had better defense he could make a bigger impact.

Not airballing my layups anymore

If he can start hitting his 3 pointers at a decent rate then he could start to be a lot more deadly. He's shooting 56% on 2 pointers and only 20% on 3 pointers. I think he'll develop his 3 point game in time though, he shoots it really well for stretches but then has very bad cold stretches as well. He just needs to become more consistent with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambacher
    If he can start hitting his 3 pointers at a decent rate then he could start to be a lot more deadly. He's shooting 56% on 2 pointers and only 20% on 3 pointers. I think he'll develop his 3 point game in time though, he shoots it really well for stretches but then has very bad cold stretches as well. He just needs to become more consistent with it.
    You'd think someone who shoots 20% from 3 would attempt a lot less than 2.5 per game. Hope he doesn't get Josh Smith syndrome.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    You'd think someone who shoots 20% from 3 would attempt a lot less than 2.5 per game. Hope he doesn't get Josh Smith syndrome.
    I think he's sort of encouraged by the coaches to shoot it more because they want him to start hitting the three consistently. He shot the three really well in preseason but it has disappeared in the reg season so far.

Does he have fatigue issues? He's only getting 31 minutes per game.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i don't think he was ever considered a number 1 pick and this is from somebody that watches a lot of OSU basketball.

But i'm very impressed with him. He has far exceeded my expectations.

Good for him and good for the celtics for taking a risk on him and properly developing him.

Dude is balling and I got him on my fantasy team. Gotta love seeing a Buckeye doing his thing.

Learning to shoot layups

He should've gone in the Lottery as it is. He just had some injury woes. Still a very solid player.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

He accidentally wore jersey #8 and got infected. It is too late so we can only hope he gets that % up.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdreamfan44
    He should've gone in the Lottery as it is. He just had some injury woes. Still a very solid player.
    He was medically red flagged prior to the draft and taken off of some teams' boards completely. Aside from his actual injuries, which were well documented, he had a structural issue where one leg was longer than the other. That is an immediate red flag now (same issue that Greg Oden has).

He's a nice player and I think even the GMs that took him off their board recognized that he had an NBA ready game, but when you start getting into stuff like structural problems and a long injury history, the risks begin outweighing the rewards. I remember some analysts saying teams only expected him to play 5-8 years in the league, maximum, before the wear and tear would be too much on his frame.

But yeah... had he, Harrison Barnes and PJ3 come out after their freshmen seasons in the 2011 draft, the top of the board may have looked totally different. They chose to stay an extra year mainly because of the impending lockout. All three of those guys were in contention for the No. 1 pick with Kyrie and Derrick Williams.

The following year, only one was still a lottery pick. Crazy.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i don't think he was ever considered a number 1 pick and this is from somebody that watches a lot of OSU basketball.

But i'm very impressed with him. He has far exceeded my expectations.

Good for him and good for the celtics for taking a risk on him and properly developing him.
    It's true that Jared was being called the consensus #1 overall pick. I don't believe you watched Jared college if you say he wasn't being called the future #1. They called him last all the time. He would have been chosen higher in the draft if he left a year earlier than he did.

He made 50% of his threes in the preseason. He took about 3.75 3s a game and played in 8 games. I mean sure it's preseason, but it's not like all of his 3s in the regular season have been heavily contested.

I complained for weeks on ClutchFans when Houston had a chance to snag him and didn't.

Stupid.

If you had watched him dominate his competition in college, you'd have seen he was a legitimate player. Once his 3 ball starts falling, dude could be an all star.

And for the guy up there, yes, he was considered a top 5 pick for quite a while until news of his back came out.