Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    No, I'm saying Atlanta would need to add in incentive to get the Clippers to consider. There is a ton of reasons for more incentive being needed than value. Such as marketability, age, potential, etc.

Yes, chances are Smith will reup, just like Elton Brand was. Or Carlos Boozer was. Or chances are Iverson will lead Denver to the promised land. Or Horford won't miss any games. Shall I continue?

Horford and Smith will get murdered in the paint in the playoffs if they were to face the Lakers, the Grizzlies hell even the Jazz. I wouldn't be confident with them against the Nuggets either.

But hey, Smith is tons better than Blake. He's superior on offense due to putting up worse stats in more time and more shot opportunities and is a million times better on D due to rep.

that's totally irrelevant?

Anyways, you're argument about BG playing less minutes is absurd, he plays 2 minutes less per game. BG: 33 Mpg. Jsmooth: 35

And Smith takes 2 more shots than Griffen per game, you think that might have something to do with Smith being more of a focal point for the Hawks offense and basically being their # 1 option?

I think Smith could score just as many points as he already does on 2 less shots per game if he was playing with CP3 who will get you 2-3 easy looks per game as a PF..

Smith also add a shot blocking presence that isn't there with BG

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    that's totally irrelevant?

Anyways, you're argument about BG playing less minutes is absurd, he plays 2 minutes less per game. BG: 33 Mpg. Jsmooth: 35

And Smith takes 2 more shots than Griffen per game, you think that might have something to do with Smith being more of a focal point for the Hawks offense and basically being their # 1 option?

I think Smith could score just as many points on 2 less shots per game if he was playing with CP3 who will get you 2-3 easy looks per game as a PF..

Smith also add a shot blocking presence that isn't there with BG
    No, it is relevant because all of those had "high" chances of occurring and did not.

Two minutes is two minutes. That is 4-6 offensive possessions.

And who is the #1 option on the Clips a majority of the time? Granted, its by committee, but Blake has had it for the past handful of games.

I think Blake would score more points without a legitimate point guard on the same amount of shots...oh wait, he already did. As opposed to your hypothetical question.

Smith adds a weak side shot blocking presence, which the Clippers do have with DJ.

Bottom line is, despite how close the value might or might not be, the Clippers would not consider that without much added incentive.

Believe

posting in a prole tread

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    No, it is relevant because all of those had "high" chances of occurring and did not.

Two minutes is two minutes. That is 4-6 offensive possessions.

And who is the #1 option on the Clips a majority of the time? Granted, its by committee, but Blake has had it for the past handful of games.

I think Blake would score more points without a legitimate point guard on the same amount of shots...oh wait, he already did. As opposed to your hypothetical question.

Smith adds a weak side shot blocking presence, which the Clippers do have with DJ.

Bottom line is, despite how close the value might or might not be, the Clippers would not consider that without much added incentive.

No it's not relative, it can go both ways b/c the whole reason you think BG is so valuable is b/c of "HIGH" chances of him living up to whatever you think his potential is.

So if we're not factoring in anything that hasn't happened yet, like smith re signing or BG living up to whatever you think his potential is then Smith + Horford would bring in more value than just BG himself..

BG's trade value is basically whatever you think his potential is, so you can't discredit the fact that J smith is likely resign with the Clippers if you're still putting in so much weight into what YOU think BG's potential might be.

CF86, you still haven't explained how that torn meniscus BG suffered in the Olympics had anything to do with his poor performance against the Spurs

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I think 5 year from now Griffin will be one of the best players in the NBA

he has such a huge athletic frame that is just so hard to stop close range, and he is finding a good mid range shot now

He is still young and raw...he is going to be an NBA stud once he gets all the fine tuning in

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Mark the injury was sustained in the playoffs, I already told you that. Ralph Lawler and Coangelo came out and said they strongly suspected it. It made perfect sense for Blake to hide the injury with a max deal coming up and I probably would have done the same thing. He definitely tore the Meniscus and hyper-extended the knee in game 4 of the Grizzlies series.

College superstar

Rockets should get Blake. Anything is better than Patrick Patterson.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Mark the injury was sustained in the playoffs, I already told you that. Ralph Lawler and Coangelo came out and said they strongly suspected it. It made perfect sense for Blake to hide the injury with a max deal coming up and I probably would have done the same thing. He definitely tore the Meniscus and hyper-extended the knee in game 4 of the Grizzlies series.

That sounds like a bunch of speculation mixed in with a bit of personal opinion.

And when he was "injured" against Memphis, he was able to return to the game..

Blake still had all his bounce in that SAS series..

He was fine for both of those series. He may have been a little banged up after the Memphis series, but he never missed a game and returned to the game after he got hurt, so i don't think he was "injured" to the extent that you think he was in the playoffs.

check this play out, GAME 3 of the 4 game series against the spurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z-Rrktf6x8

he doesn't look to have any signs of a torn mensicus or hyper extended knee

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    That sounds like a bunch of speculation mixed in with a bit of personal opinion.

And when he was "injured" against Memphis, he was able to return to the game..

Blake still had all his bounce in that SAS series..

He was fine for both of those series. He may have been a little banged up after the Memphis series, but he never missed a game and returned to the game after he got hurt, so i don't think he was "injured" to the extent that you think he was in the playoffs.

check this play out, GAME 3 of the 4 game series against the spurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z-Rrktf6x8

he doesn't look to have any signs of a torn mensicus or hyper extended knee
    You don't watch Blake Griffin to be qualified to talk about it. I haven't missed a single game of his career. One or two explosive plays doesn't offset the tons of plays where it was obvious he just couldn't get off the ground well at all for a rebound or shot. I'm not sure if you know this but you CAN play with a minor or mild Meniscus tear. It will affect you athletically but you can still play.

BTW he was diagnosed openly with the hyperextended knee and Jason Powell our trainer said he would be out about two weeks if it wasn't a playoff series. Not sure what grounds you have to discredit NBA doctors or fans who watch Blake Griffin every game.

You don't watch Blake Griffin to be qualified to talk about it. I haven't missed a single game of his career. One or two explosive plays doesn't offset the tons of plays where it was obvious he just couldn't get off the ground well at all for a rebound or shot. I'm not sure if you know this but you CAN play with a minor or mild Meniscus tear. It will affect you athletically but you can still play.

BTW he was diagnosed openly with the hyperextended knee and Jason Powell our trainer said he would be out about two weeks if it wasn't a playoff series. Not sure what grounds you have to discredit NBA doctors or fans who watch Blake Griffin every game.
    Dude you keep flip flopping, at first you said this.

Yes I'm sure having a torn Meniscus and hyperextended knee in the playoffs is something players regularly play through
    so at first Blake had a torn meniscus and hyperextended knee in the playoffs which was the reason for his poor play.

Now, it's "specualted" that Blake had a torn meniscus in the playoffs, and it makes "pefect sense to CF86" that he would hide his torn meniscus..?

Ralph Lawler and Coangelo came out and said they strongly suspected it. It made perfect sense for Blake to hide the injury
    Now it's that he only had a hyper extended knee

[QUOTE=Clippersfan86]
    he was diagnosed openly with the hyperextended knee and Jason Powell our trainer.. QUOTE]

so he was diagnosed with a hyperextended knee and during that same medical examination they somehow missed a torn mensicus?

And then you go on to admit that with a Meniscus injury the player will be affected atheltically..

I'm not sure if you know this but you CAN play with a minor or mild Meniscus tear. It will affect you athletically but you can still play.
    And then, theres all these videos of BG against the spurs last year in the playoffs where he OBVIOUSLY still has A lot of athelticism still left..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukZsGM3NzgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0VVt6z5-90

tell me that guy bouncing off the walls in those videos is palying with a torn mensicus?

The announcer in the video even refers to the hyper extended knee and says "no signs of injury today"

i don't think with a torn mensicus, he would still be getting that type of lift

You're not making any sense at all. YES it's perfectly normal to diagnose a strain or hyperextension and miss a tear. Why? Because one requires an MRI and the other doesn't. Even then an MRI can miss small tears like Blake had initially and it sometimes takes 2 or 3 to spot something.

Bottom line is you're doing nothing more than talking out of your ass. You didn't watch the Spurs/Clippers series or the Grizzlies/Clippers series. A few highlight plays as your evidence proves just that. Anybody who watched both series can vouch for the fact that even with a few explosive plays here and there Blake was clearly athletically limited and nowhere near 100 percent.

Nothing is flip flopping about what you quoted. Most players DON'T play with these injuries because most players don't happen to get them when they are up for a 95 million dollar extension in a month and in a very competitive playoff series. It's very logical when you piece together the set of circumstances.

Bottom line is Blake was playing great in the first 4 games of the playoffs outside of the rebounding issues he was having. If you look at his numbers after the injury (similar to CP3) they declined pretty rapidly. His best game of the playoffs was the game he actually got injured late in the game (after he had done his damage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_b6Hrz1Wuk

BTW I think it could be a bit more complicated. Remember a torn Meniscus of the grade Blake had will heal on it's own without surgery. Maybe I'm wrong that he knew... and he didn't know so he played through it. But if you watch the play in the Olympics that injured him you'd understand why it's unlikely that a hit that soft on the knee would actually cause a tear. Which is why Coangelo said he feels it actually happened in the playoffs. Blake probably knew something else was up but avoided MRI for fear of his contract situation.

so he was diagnosed with a hyperextended knee and during that same medical examination they somehow missed a torn mensicus?

You're not making any sense at all. YES it's perfectly normal to diagnose a strain or hyperextension and miss a tear. Why? Because one requires an MRI and the other doesn't. Even then an MRI can miss small tears like Blake had initially and it sometimes takes 2 or 3 to spot something.

Bottom line is you're doing nothing more than talking out of your ass. You didn't watch the Spurs/Clippers series or the Grizzlies/Clippers series. A few highlight plays as your evidence proves just that. Anybody who watched both series can vouch for the fact that even with a few explosive plays here and there Blake was clearly athletically limited and nowhere near 100 percent.

Nothing is flip flopping about what you quoted. Most players DON'T play with these injuries because most players don't happen to get them when they are up for a 95 million dollar extension in a month and in a very competitive playoff series. It's very logical when you piece together the set of circumstances.

Bottom line is Blake was playing great in the first 4 games of the playoffs outside of the rebounding issues he was having. If you look at his numbers after the injury (similar to CP3) they declined pretty rapidly. His best game of the playoffs was the game he actually got injured late in the game (after he had done his damage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_b6Hrz1Wuk

BTW I think it could be a bit more complicated. Remember a torn Meniscus of the grade Blake had will heal on it's own without surgery. Maybe I'm wrong that he knew... and he didn't know so he played through it. But if you watch the play in the Olympics that injured him you'd understand why it's unlikely that a hit that soft on the knee would actually cause a tear. Which is why Coangelo said he feels it actually happened in the playoffs. Blake probably knew something else was up but avoided MRI for fear of his contract situation.
    Was he playing to win or playing for a contract? If he had a torn meniscus he would be a fvcking idiot to step on the floor as more extensive damage could have been done

Why are they exclusive? Even Blake with a bum knee>>>>>>>Kenyon Martin so him being out sure as hell wouldn't help the team and quite honestly most players would prioritize their first max deal over winning a couple extra playoff games.