Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Perkins Tweet

Back to Business

Default Re: Perkins Tweet

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Of course he's going to say something like this to cover his tracks. Management would of been on the phone to him.

Y would he wanna leave okc tho? Think about it? Where could he possibly go thats a better situation? Playing with two top 20 players. Playing with ibaka downlow that sometimes helps masks his weakness cuz ibaka is a good shot blocker. The only place i could think of kendrick goin to is brooklyn for obvious reasons but would he even play? They are pretty stacked.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

We'll take Steve Nash for Perk

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mhhosss

DO IT

Nash / Jackson
    Westbrook / Thabo
    Durant / PJ3
    Ibaka / Collison
    Adams / Hill

Blake / Farmar
    Henry / Lamb / Meeks
    SwaggyP / Johnson
    Gasol / Williams
    Perkins / Kaman

Decent playground baller sodapop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LONGTIME
    Explain where I'm wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby13
    Explain why I'm wrong?

Perk have one thing that OKC don't have and never will? A ring!! Until then, you can't say nothing bad about Perkins. Don't forget, the Celtics were on their way back to the finals, the best record in the eastern conference before the awful Danny trade tragedy - Perkins, a starting center for two bench scrubs. It's considered the worse trade in Celtic history. Perkins, one man, the trade that sank the Celtics ship for many years to come. Perkins, a scrub? Some of you compare Kwame Brown to Perkins? Either you're a newbie to basketball or know nothing about basketball. Name one team, since 08 who had a stronger front court than the Celtics Perkins & Garnett combo? The Celtics front court, KG & Perk, dominated the NBA for 4 straight years. Enough said... The facts speak the truth.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop
    Perk have one thing that OKC don't have and never will? A ring!! Until then, you can't say nothing bad about Perkins. Don't forget, the Celtics were on their way back to the finals, the best record in the eastern conference before the awful Danny trade tragedy - Perkins, a starting center for two bench scrubs. It's considered the worse trade in Celtic history. Perkins, one man, the trade that sank the Celtics ship for many years to come. Perkins, a scrub? Some of you compare Kwame Brown to Perkins? Either you're a newbie to basketball or know nothing about basketball. Name one team, since 08 who had a stronger front court than the Celtics Perkins & Garnett combo? The Celtics front court, KG & Perk, dominated the NBA for 4 straight years. Enough said... The facts speak the truth.

Look at Mr. "I live in the past, i completely ignore the present" over here.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Explain why I'm wrong?
    Because what you posted makes no sense. You clearly said Perkins is one of the best rebounding big men. If you do a statistical spread over 48 minutes per game he doesn't even crack the top 40 players in the league rebounding per 48 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl.../avg48Rebounds

...he's not the defender he was back in Boston either.

I think sodapop is a legit Kendrick Perkins stan. There's hundreds of stan-less posters I thought I'd see get their very own fanboy before Kendrick Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Because what you posted makes no sense. You clearly said Perkins is one of the best rebounding big men. If you do a statistical spread over 48 minutes per game he doesn't even crack the top 40 players in the league rebounding per 48 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl.../avg48Rebounds

...he's not the defender he was back in Boston either.
    I agree, he is not the defender he once was back in Boston. However, I wouldn't consider him to be bum player because he just don't fit with the OKC Thunder. Perkins isn't meant to be in OKC. The chemistry isn't there. Both teams, Celtics & OKC were better off not making the Perkins, Robinson for Green, Krstic trade. Even though the trade didn't have any severe impact to the Thunder, but the trade killed the Celtics. The Celtics never bounced back since trading away Perkins. I'm not saying Perkins is an superstar player. But I am saying, Perkins was and still can be an important piece.

Local High School Star

I agree, he is not the defender he once was back in Boston. However, I wouldn't consider him to be bum player because he just don't fit with the OKC Thunder. Perkins isn't meant to be in OKC. The chemistry isn't there. Both teams, Celtics & OKC were better off not making the Perkins, Robinson for Green, Krstic trade. Even though the trade didn't have any severe impact to the Thunder, but the trade killed the Celtics. The Celtics never bounced back since trading away Perkins. I'm not saying Perkins is an superstar player. But I am saying, Perkins was and still can be an important piece.
    Perkins roll in Boston was very limited. Playing next to KG made him look better than he is. Ask any OKC fan who they would rather have at center 38 year old KG or prime perkins? Not even mentioning the playoffs.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I cannot fathom a single possible reason as to why Presti downright refused to amnesty Perkins in order to make cap space for Harden.

Even if Perkins was the player he used to be, keeping Harden would've been more important. The fact that Perkins is so bad that OKC is a better team with him off the floor should've made this move a no-brainer.

It just doesn't make sense.