Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: How good are NBA players?

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/1...at-one-on-one/

Anyone know if this happened yet/when it's gonna happen? I wanna see Scal owning people at the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Wouldn't go that far bro...
    Maybe not offensively, but nobody would be scoring in the paint, ever.

Edit: But there are players of NBA level talent that couldn't make it because of various other things, so let's not act like they'd beat everyone. Look at Royce White. He was lucky to come as far as he did. Other people could have fell off before that, imagine anxiety or depression/drug addiction affecting their ability to attend college.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 12-30-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Well the so-called second-best league in the world, Euroleague, cant beat most of the Div-II NCAA teams. Put an NBA player on these trash and you know how good they will be.

I'm sure there are few guys out there who can beat NBA players. Damn, think about how quick you'd get tired guarding an NBA player. It's unbelievable the kind of shape most NBA players are in. But I guess it's that way for most pro athletes.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Are you serious? I had a friend who is 6 foot 3 that could dunk real well. He would practice dunking all day long and can shoot and is real quick. And his friend is 6 foot 7 and can also dunk all day long.

So you are saying someone like Derek Fisher and JJ Beareau can whoop them every single time? How will they guard down low? JJ is like really 5 foot 6.

Jeremy Lin looks just like these asian americans at my old school who played ball. I mean he practically is/was one of them. I think he was the same level as them or a little better and then just got even a little better over the last few years. I think my friends might be able to beat him and were better than him at one point.
    Looks can be deceiving I guess, while Jeremy Lin was in the d league he avg 30 point triple double

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    I'm sure there are few guys out there who can beat NBA players. Damn, think about how quick you'd get tired guarding an NBA player. It's unbelievable the kind of shape most NBA players are in. But I guess it's that way for most pro athletes.
    Eddy Curry.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

On average they are better than the average poster here.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

There's. reason that those guys get paid millions of dollars. The 12 man on any nba team would dominate anybody here.

at somebody saying Kendrick Perkins (a starter on multiple teams that made the finals) wouldn't dominate people in a pick up game.

egos would be shattered

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Wouldn't go that far bro...
    you serious? it's the absolute truth.

ANY player in the NBA would be able to beat any of us posters in a game of 1 on 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFastOne
    Eddy Curry.
    Key word in my original post: "most"

adam morrison is the 15th man on a roster and he would style on you like he's prime jordan. dunk on you at will and wet jumpers in your face

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    If you and your snot nose friends played a NBA caliber player 5x5, he would dismantle your hearts, dreams, and aspirations of ever playing basketball again. You probably would not ever want to see another basketball in your life. He would deflate your little, "I'm on par with the elite athletes of the world", attitude faster than he would deflate the ball and yell, "SO WHO'S THE SCRUB NOW!"

These guys are professionals at what they do. The boundary between amateur and professional is extraordinary. They breath basketball.
    You forgot the part where he takes them out behind a shed and rapes them in the butt

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Are you serious? I had a friend who is 6 foot 3 that could dunk real well. He would practice dunking all day long and can shoot and is real quick. And his friend is 6 foot 7 and can also dunk all day long.

So you are saying someone like Derek Fisher and JJ Beareau can whoop them every single time? How will they guard down low? JJ is like really 5 foot 6.

Jeremy Lin looks just like these asian americans at my old school who played ball. I mean he practically is/was one of them. I think he was the same level as them or a little better and then just got even a little better over the last few years. I think my friends might be able to beat him and were better than him at one point.

Jeremy Lin would shit on us all.......