Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default The 2002 Sacramento Kings are the most overrated team ever ...

The 2002 Sacramento Kings are the most overrated team ever. I've never seen a team get so much publicity about how good they were when they never made the finals. It's a shame a team could be that overrated but they are. They were a good team, but people act like they were really better than any team that didn't win the title.

Default Re: The 2002 Sacramento Kings are the most overrated team ever ...

Quote Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
    The 2002 Sacramento Kings are the most overrated team ever. I've never seen a team get so much publicity about how good they were when they never made the finals. It's a shame a team could be that overrated but they are. They were a good team, but people act like they were really better than any team that didn't win the title.
    why didn't they make the finals?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

uhm, rockets every recent offseason?

Put yr guns up

They were inarguably a Top 2 team that year, regardless of not making the Finals.

uhm, rockets every recent offseason?
    Pistons every year since winning the title?

Local High School Star oldenpolynice's Avatar

I disagree that they were overrated. They were a few whistles away from going to the Finals, where they definitely would have beat the Sixers. Many experts agree that they were the better team in the series against the Lake Show.

But if you really feel that strongly about it, you can take it up with Coach Adelman. You can find him on the Rockets' bench every game next season.

Lucky batted ball landing directly in Horry's hand and all time questionable ref game says otherwise..

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by oldenpolynice
    I disagree that they were overrated. They were a few whistles away from going to the Finals, where they definitely would have beat the Sixers. Many experts agree that they were the better team in the series against the Lake Show.

But if you really feel that strongly about it, you can take it up with Coach Adelman. You can find him on the Rockets' bench every game next season.
    too bad you dont know anything you're talkin about
    2002 Finals were Lakers Vs Nets
    & FYI in 01 the Sixers were the only team to beat LA while the Kings got SWEPT

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    too bad you dont know anything you're talkin about
    2002 Finals were Lakers Vs Nets
    & FYI in 01 the Sixers were the only team to beat LA while the Kings got SWEPT
    Ah, whatever. The East was super-weak in those years. That was my point. The Kings would have beat the Nets, too.

3-time NBA All-Star

Thats funny since they probably should've WON the title that year but bad officiating got in the way.

Ah, whatever. The East was super-weak in those years. That was my point. The Kings would have beat the Nets, too.
    Kings would have defeated the Nets but not the Sixers in 01.

Local High School Star

Are you kidding me?? Don't let homerism cloud your judgment. Kings would have won that series, though it probably would have taken 6 games instead of 5.

Local High School Star

That Kings team was very, very good. They had everything needed to win a championship - they just ran into a better Lakers team time and time again. I really thought they had it in 02 though.

They were a great passing team, had a go to scorer in the post (Webber) and on the perimeter (Peja) a finisher (Bibby) perimeter defender (Christie), impactful bench play (Jackson, Hedo) and a great coach.. The only piece they were really missing was a shot blocking presence but they were collectively good enough to get past that. Those guys were smart, deep and they played well together - easily one of the best teams in the post Jordan era.

The only weakness was their defense, but it wasn't really as bad as it seemed back then. They played decent team defense, they just didn't have anyone KNOWN for defensive tenacity outside of Christie. They got quite a few stops when they needed them though.

Your love for Iverson is epic. I respect that. But the truth is that the Kings would have had too many weapons for the Sixers to stop them.

Your love for Iverson is epic. I respect that. But the truth is that the Kings would have had too many weapons for the Sixers to stop them.
    too bad the Sixers provided the best competition for the Lakers

They were the best team in the league at that time. I'm not making excuses, but they did have injuries to key players (like Peja), and after '02, Webber went down in the playoffs, so we really didn't get to see them win a ring. It's not like they were a flash in the pan team, they were great but Webber's knee killed their chances and the team never recovered.