Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is better than Kevin Durant

If he wanted to be hyped like KD all he would have to do is ballhog the ball more

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    well, i agree, durant definitely isnt a finished product, but just from a scoring perspective, if alll he needs to do is shoot over people, why become preoccupied with anything more elaborate, and less effective? ive always found it strange when somebody criticises a player for being one-dimensional, but if thats all a player needs to be a great scorer, then i dont think that player's game's lack of diversity is a problem.
    it's a problem in durant's case at the end of games because he can't create his own shot, forcing his teammates to try to bail him out (eg westbrook) and being the scapegoat for his deficiencies.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    well, i agree, durant definitely isnt a finished product, but just from a scoring perspective, if alll he needs to do is shoot over people, why become preoccupied with anything more elaborate, and less effective? ive always found it strange when somebody criticises a player for being one-dimensional, but if thats all a player needs to be a great scorer, then i dont think that player's game's lack of diversity is a problem.
    Well, a lot of my fellow Knicks fans and I come from the "great players make their teammates better" school of thought that defined the early 70s Knicks. Durant is already a very effective scorer, but right now his teammates have to work to get him his looks and ideally it should be the other way around. All of the great players I can think of demanded doubles and then were able to find the open man once the double came. Durant can't really fit into that mold as he plays now, though. His playing style, while effective at putting the ball through the hoop, really doesn't compromise the defense the way a dominant post scorer, midrange scorer, or play maker would.

Like I said, it's not like Carmelo plays the way I would like him to, either. It's just a lot easier for me to see him making that transition than it is for me to see Durant because Carmelo already compromises the defense, he just needs to do a better job at passing rather than taking a stupid shot when that happens.

4-5-6 DICK EM

lol carmelo "da goat" anthony can score much better than kd, he doesnt touch the ball near as much. He's a better player.

I agree, but Durant is a very close second. Both incredible scorers, but I'd give the edge to Melo. If Melo could ever commit to the defensive end he would be an unbelievable player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    I agree, but Durant is a very close second. Both incredible scorers, but I'd give the edge to Melo. If Melo could ever commit to the defensive end he would be an unbelievable player.
    Can I ask why you feel that way? Durant pretty much has every statistical advantage over Melo, so what makes you say Melo is better? Are you forming this opinion based on the naked eye?
    Last edited by DaPerceive; 10-06-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Carmelo Anthony is a much more versatile player than Durant, but the fact that Anthony doesn't have a great work ethic really holds him back. It makes me slightly sad to see him with out much talent he has, and he doesn't have the work ethic of a Kobe or Nowitzki or Ray Allen.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tips4's Avatar

Carmelo is more talented yes and more skillful moves but Durant is a better player. People just dont realize how unique a player like Durant is. We have a 6-10 who can play SG and SF and defend his position. Carmelo cant even defend Small Forward effectively. He is a better shooter than Carmelo, i mean Durant is just lights out like Ray Allen. He is a better rebounder than Carmelo. He is a better scorer than Carmelo, Carmelo cant score anywhere on the court like Durant. Look at their carrers Carmelo didnt dominate like Durant dominated in the NCAA or the NBA. So i dont get it when you say Carmelo is better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tips4
    Carmelo is more talented yes and more skillful moves but Durant is a better player. People just dont realize how unique a player like Durant is. We have a 6-10 who can play SG and SF and defend his position. Carmelo cant even defend Small Forward effectively. He is a better shooter than Carmelo, i mean Durant is just lights out like Ray Allen. He is a better rebounder than Carmelo. He is a better scorer than Carmelo, Carmelo cant score anywhere on the court like Durant. Look at their carrers Carmelo didnt dominate like Durant dominated in the NCAA or the NBA. So i dont get it when you say Carmelo is better.
    neither is a good defender, neither is a good passer, but carmelo is far more versatile on offense

Certainly has a case

Carmelo will be Thhe best player in the league over the next 5 years- he no lonGer has Gkarl sabatoging him

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Tips4
    Some of this stuff is completely backwards . . . Carmelo can score from anywhere on the floor and Durant can't, they were both very good college players, but Carmelo won a championship and Durant flaked out of the tourney.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Carmelo Anthony is a much more versatile player than Durant, but the fact that Anthony doesn't have a great work ethic really holds him back. It makes me slightly sad to see him with out much talent he has, and he doesn't have the work ethic of a Kobe or Nowitzki or Ray Allen.
    I think his work ethic is fine. There are reasons he hasn't been as successful thus far as he could have been, and work ethic issues are not high up on that list.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Durant's achieved just as much, if not more, in 4 years than Melo has in 8. They have the same relative high points (WCF) but Melo's stunked up alot more playoff games/series than Durant has.

Melo has a case to be better, but at this point Durant has a better case. And at the Melo fanboys completely trashing Durant. The absolute most you can say is Melo is slightly better, any thing more and you're just trolling.

Banned

Melo> Lebrick also