Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    I think CLE really screwed themselves by not trading Waiters while his stock was higher and possibly drafting a replacement for him last year instead of Bennett. Will be interesting to see what they can get for him now.
    You're off base on Dion. When he excels on another team, we'll revisit the Dion hate. You can guarantee that.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    You're off base on Dion. When he excels on another team, we'll revisit the Dion hate. You can guarantee that.
    The general Dion Waiters narrative is very confusing to me. He has been virtually step-for-step with Brad Beal in their two respective years so far in the league, but everyone acts as though Beal is the next big thing and Waiters is a total bust.

I don't know if it is a Cavs thing or what, but Dion looked really good last year... there were large portions of the season where he was the best player on the team. He was hitting GWs with the Cavs still in playoff contention, taking over games, etc.

But, everyone has just assumed he is worthless. I don't get it. Group think.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The general Dion Waiters narrative is very confusing to me. He has been virtually step-for-step with Brad Beal in their two respective years so far in the league, but everyone acts as though Beal is the next big thing and Waiters is a total bust.

I don't know if it is a Cavs thing or what, but Dion looked really good last year... there were large portions of the season where he was the best player on the team. He was hitting GWs with the Cavs still in playoff contention, taking over games, etc.

But, everyone has just assumed he is worthless. I don't get it. Group think.
    I thought it was his attitude. To be honest I don't think waiters or beal are going to be amazing players. They will be solid but not great imo and I don't recall seeing anyone hyping up beal anymore than waiters, if anything i've seen more people trying to hype up waiters which is what may have led to people bagging him out for silly reasons.

I think the Cavs are mega scared theyre going to draft a bust again..

Unless theyre trading the #1 pick for Melo or bran just take the best player available in the draft.. Wiggins/Parker.. Then sign some vets they need badly.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I thought it was his attitude. To be honest I don't think waiters or beal are going to be amazing players. They will be solid but not great imo and I don't recall seeing anyone hyping up beal anymore than waiters, if anything i've seen more people trying to hype up waiters which is what may have led to people bagging him out for silly reasons.
    Dion just put up 16 3 3 on 43/37/68 splits as a 22 year old.

He's already "solid", as you say

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    I think the Cavs are mega scared theyre going to draft a bust again..

Unless theyre trading the #1 pick for Melo or bran just take the best player available in the draft.. Wiggins/Parker.. Then sign some vets they need badly.
    No, I actually think they have a plan they they are trying to execute to their maximum benefit.

Thanks for adding nothing, tho.

No, I actually think they have a plan they they are trying to execute to their maximum benefit.

Well good luck with that, history shows the opposite

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

They trade Dion I hope this sh!t blow up in their face and Kyrie doesn't sign max deal, and they traded their number 1 draft pick for freaking Derrick Favors. Then Lebron resigns with the Heat. The team would be back to square 1.

Just trade it to Phily for the #3 and Young.

Draft Embiid and put Young on SF

They need to be drafting Wiggins if Embiid is really that badly hurt. They need that SF shored up.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    They trade Dion I hope this sh!t blow up in their face and Kyrie doesn't sign max deal, and they traded their number 1 draft pick for freaking Derrick Favors. Then Lebron resigns with the Heat. The team would be back to square 1.
    What a fan.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    What a fan.
    Well you sure don't trade your number 1 for freaking Favors and some picks. You don't trade Dion when he was freaking better then Kyrie last year. Then on top of that Kyrie is always freaking hurt every season.

What is Utah's cap situation? If they could absorb Jack, and Thompson without taking anything back, I would seriously consider it. If not then fug em.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

No pic of Broussard's multiple sauces yet? I am disappoint.