Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Re: Where would Tim Duncan rank all time with 6 rings?

He's already one of the five greatest to ever do it. Add another ring without much of a decrease in production.... and a case can be made for him being greater than Wilt, and perhaps even Russell or Kareem.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Are these the 7 game series numbers? Because parker was so exhausted in that OT and game 7 that all his numbers suffered.

If the spurs had won.. it wouldve been in regulation game 6.. and tony parker closed out game 1 and game 6 almost single handedly against a top 5 goat in lebron.. with unbelieveable shot/plays.

If the spurs had won it in those last seconds of game 6.. theres no question parker wouldve gotten FMVP for his storyline performances closing the heat out.
    Those are numbers for the entire Finals. I don't buy the Parker was so exhausted excuse because 37 year old Duncan played 2 more minutes in game 6 and 7 more minutes in game 7 than 31 year old Parker.

game 6
    Duncan 44:26
    Parker 42:39

game 7
    Duncan 43:10
    Parker 36:33

It is unbelievable to me that anyone would give Parker FMVP with a 17 pt / 8 asst line with Duncan going 30 pts / 17 rebs in game 6. IMO, some put too much stock in "closing" ignoring the whole rest of the game.

Finals (not including game 7) averages:
    Duncan 18 pts / 12.1 reb 49%FG
    Parker 16.65 pts / 6.8 asst 41%FG

2013 Finals
    Duncan 55.4TS% 112 ORtg 105 DRtg
    Parker 47.2TS% 103 ORtg 113 DRtg

Surely you jest about Lebron being top 5 GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Same place he is now. Duncan is no more important to the Spurs than Norris Cole was to the Heat in their back to back titles. In fact I'm pretty sure that if he had been forced to sit out this past Finals due to injury, the Spurs still would have easily won. Is there ANY Spurs fan that disagrees with me?
    I strongly disagree. Duncan was the second (to Leonard) most important Spur player in the 2014 Finals. I suggest you go back and look at how well he defended the paint and in particular, every time Lebron went near the paint, he's shadowed by Leonard and surrounded by TD. In addition, listen to Lebron and Spo's interviews about Spurs' defense.

and putting up a donut in the second half..
    Maybe you'd be tired too after playing 44:26 if you were that old. Seriously, I can't believe people can knock a 30 pt / 17 rebs game by a 37 year old especially compared to Parker and their relative importance to defense.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    I strongly disagree. Duncan was the second (to Leonard) most important Spur player in the 2014 Finals. I suggest you go back and look at how well he defended the paint and in particular, every time Lebron went near the paint, he's shadowed by Leonard and surrounded by TD. In addition, listen to Lebron and Spo's interviews about Spurs' defense.
    You bit on that obvious troll post that compared Tim Duncan to Norris Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Since '90, for me:

1) Jordan
    2) LeBron
    3) Shaq
    4) Kobe
    5) Hakeem
    6) Duncan
    7) KG
    8) Barkley
    9) Malone
    X) Wade
    Pretty damn accurate Finally a poster who actually ranks based on the individual, and not purely based on team accomplishments.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

rmt.. it is what it is.. Theres no doubt that parker was the FMVP if he had closed out the Heat in 6.

He closed out game 1.. he closed out game 6 and was a better scorer/closer than duncan was by far. I dont think he established impact like duncan did through 7. But through 6? what he did to close? Yea he wouldve won it. Youre in denial. Theres no chance. He bombed 3s and long 2s for the win.. while duncan was putting up a fat zero to close.. and in game 7 missing a layup to tie w/ a minute left. Dont compare the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Pretty damn accurate Finally a poster who actually ranks based on the individual, and not purely based on team accomplishments.
    Thanks, bud. Let me edit it up a little ...

Since '90, for me:

1) Jordan - 6 rings, 5 MVPs, 6 Fmvps
    2) LeBron - 2 rings, 4 MVPs, 2 Fmvps
    3) Shaq - 4 rings, MVP, 3 Fmvps

4 or 5)
    Duncan - 5 rings, 2 MVPs, 3 Fmvps
    Kobe - 5 rings, MVP, 2 Fmvps

6) Hakeem - 2 rings, MVP, 2 Fmvps
    7) KG
    8) Barkley
    9) Malone
    X) Wade

You bit on that obvious troll post that compared Tim Duncan to Norris Cole?
    Don't know what to believe these days - there some crazy fans out there.

tpols must be trolling too with the Lebron top 5 GOAT.
    Last edited by rmt; 10-16-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Thanks, bud. Let me edit it up a little ...

Since '90, for me:

1) Jordan - 6 rings, 5 MVPs, 6 Fmvps
    2) LeBron - 2 rings, 4 MVPs, 2 Fmvps
    3) Shaq - 4 rings, MVP, 3 Fmvps

4 or 5)
    Duncan - 5 rings, 2 MVPs, 3 Fmvps
    Kobe - 5 rings, MVP, 2 Fmvps

6) Hakeem - 2 rings, MVP, 2 Fmvps
    7) KG
    8) Barkley
    9) Malone
    X) Wade
    Don't forget Wade - 3 rings, 1 FMVP

Don't forget Wade - 3 rings, 1 FMVP
    Didn't forget, only he could be potentially knocked out of my top ten by Durant.

Didn't forget, only he could be potentially knocked out of my top ten by Durant.
    I think Durant could easily knock out the last 4 on your list with a couple rings, unless Westbrook out-alphas him

rmt.. it is what it is.. Theres no doubt that parker was the FMVP if he had closed out the Heat in 6.

He closed out game 1.. he closed out game 6 and was a better scorer/closer than duncan was by far. I dont think he established impact like duncan did through 7. But through 6? what he did to close? Yea he wouldve won it. Youre in denial. Theres no chance. He bombed 3s and long 2s for the win.. while duncan was putting up a fat zero to close.. and in game 7 missing a layup to tie w/ a minute left. Dont compare the clutch.
    Let's just agree to disagree. It's funny you're so stuck on clutch when in the ULTIMATE game 7, Parker puts up 10 pts / 4 asst on 25%FG. But you slam Duncan for a 24/12 game because he misses a bunny at the end (43:10). All that while ignoring the defensive side of the court.
    Last edited by rmt; 10-16-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    He's already one of the five greatest to ever do it. Add another ring without much of a decrease in production.... and a case can be made for him being greater than Wilt, and perhaps even Russell or Kareem.
    I'm not so sure about that is debatable. I mean most list don't have Duncan top 5 that I have seen you might be overrating him a little here.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Let's just agree to disagree. It's funny you're so stuck on clutch when in the ULTIMATE game 7, Parker puts up 10 pts / 4 asst on 25%FG. But you slam Duncan for a 24/12 game because he misses a bunny at the end (43:10). All that while ignoring the defensive side of the court.
    If the spurs wouldve won in 7.. duncan deserved it. Problem is the spurs best chance of winning was in game 6.. up 5 30 seconds left. Given their most likely championship scenario.. parker has 2 FMVPs..

If the spurs wouldve won in 7.. duncan deserved it. Problem is the spurs best chance of winning was in game 6.. up 5 30 seconds left. Given their most likely championship scenario.. parker has 2 FMVPs..
    And what about defense - you know, half of the game? Surely, you aren't suggesting that Parker's defense is anywhere near as important as Duncan's.