Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

Default Re: Jeff F***ING Green

Dropped a cool 34 points, 6 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 4 blocks on 13-19, 3-4 from the arc, 5-7 from the line.

Since Garnett has been out, Green has started, averaging 21.4 points/6.1 boards/3.7 assists/1 steal/1.3 blocks and 2.3 turnovers on 0.533/0.500/0.722 splits.

Very exciting to see him play this well. F*ck Coach Nick. Every NBA analyst owes this guy an apology.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

he is quite nightmare offensively but he needs to work on his defense ... but i think he is ok to be a #3 than a PF....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I honestly don't get it...he has an average first step AT BEST, terrible footwork, an average to an above average jump shot, and decent finishing ability but teams are letting him work him over. It just makes no sense. He's a 2nd option on a bad team and a 3rd option on a good team at his best.

Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I honestly don't get it...he has an average first step AT BEST, terrible footwork, an average to an above average jump shot, and decent finishing ability but teams are letting him work him over. It just makes no sense. He's a 2nd option on a bad team and a 3rd option on a good team at his best.
    This is something that's been puzzling me, as well.

Having watched him as often as I do, I think it's his deceptive length. He's not incredibly fast (although he can cover ground in the open court), but he can get so far off of two steps and then finish with his long arms in a way that defenses just don't seem to expect.

That, and his jumper has been on. Seriously. The man is hitting outside jumpers like nothing.

College superstar

OKC is incredible at drafting... if they just kept all their draft picks...

Westbrook
    Harden
    Durant
    Green
    Ibaka

That would be a small line-up, but probably still be the best team in the league.

Seems like he must have real big hands as he is able to really extend and still have great control over the ball.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djahjaga
    This is something that's been puzzling me, as well.

Having watched him as often as I do, I think it's his deceptive length. He's not incredibly fast (although he can cover ground in the open court), but he can get so far off of two steps and then finish with his long arms in a way that defenses just don't seem to expect.

That, and his jumper has been on. Seriously. The man is hitting outside jumpers like nothing.

Either way he is a good Player and I pull for him cause I had same(similar) heart Surgery as him.

Playing great ball lately..

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    OKC is incredible at drafting... if they just kept all their draft picks...

Westbrook
    Harden
    Durant
    Green
    Ibaka

That would be a small line-up, but probably still be the best team in the league.
    Boston drafted Green, and it wasn't made on OKC's behalf too

One one the best small forwards in the league. Unless your name is LeBron, Durant, Carmelo, or Pierce, keep moving.

Seriously, GREEN is GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    Boston drafted Green, and it wasn't made on OKC's behalf too
    of course it was, they were trying to get Ray Allen. Green was supposed to go later in the lottery but got picked early, it was a pre-worked deal dont be naive

He's a smart player. The footwork is noticeable but his lack of an explosive first step (tho it's decent) is exaggerated. He's smart. He's talented. Too much is made nowadays of athleticism. He's a very good finisher. He knows how to play.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Once Rondo went down Jeff Green was able to play to his strengths more. Good to see him playing well. I suspect though if he's a Celtic next season he's going to regress back once Rondo comes back and holds the ball more.
    If this turns out to be true.... And he gets the ball anywhere near as often as he does now...... then he has a severe weakness that may not be fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    His length, athleticism and he IS a good finisher. Leave that footwork crap for Pierce