Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Gordon Hayward : If I played @KingJames 1-on-1, I'd crush him

http://www.gordonhayward20.com/2014/...t-in-the-game/

My name is Gordon Hayward, spelled with a G. And I am the best player in the game today.

Go back and read that sentence again in case you think you misread it. You didn

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Gordon Hayward : If I played @KingJames 1-on-1, I'd crush him

did you make this up?

edit:nvm link works now

he prolly is the best pro athlete gamer alive

i respect that he has great skill in two different things like that

also
    Last edited by rhowen4; 10-15-2014 at 12:22 AM.

How the FAULK does he find the time to play League of Legends... much less enough to be damn good at that game?

I don't know how many people here have played things like DotA, LoL, HoN, etc... these aren't games that you play a few times and can do well. It's not like "my friend picked up Super Smash Bros/Call of Duty and is really good". There is no button mashing. There is no beginners luck. These are games where your average opponent is a 17 year old kid hopped up on 12 cans of mountain dew, or a Korean kid who's been playing for 18 hours straight in an internet cafe. The people who play these games at even a mediocre level devote enough time at least equivalent to a part time job.

It's honestly absurd that Hayward is a pro NBA athlete and also pretty skilled at League of Legends. You shouldn't have the time or talent to be good at two things on such opposite ends of the spectrum. Obviously it would be cooler if Hayward was a great guitarist or something in addition to bball, but the degree of difficulty here is really quite impressive.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-15-2014 at 03:20 AM.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    How the FAULK does he find the time to play League of Legends... much less enough to be damn good at that game?

I don't know how many people here have played things like DotA, LoL, HoN, etc... these aren't games that you play a few times and can do well. It's not like "my friend picked up Super Smash Bros/Call of Duty and is really good". There is no button mashing. There is no beginners luck. These are games where your average opponent is a 17 year old kid hopped up on 12 cans of mountain dew, or a Korean kid who's been playing for 18 hours straight in an internet cafe. The people who play these games at even a mediocre level devote enough time at least equivalent to a part time job.

It's honestly absurd that Hayward is a pro NBA athlete and also pretty skilled at League of Legends. You shouldn't have the time or talent to be good at two things on such opposite ends of the spectrum. Obviously it would be cooler if Hayward was a great guitarist or something in addition to bball, but the degree of difficulty here is really quite impressive.
    I am almost certain pro athletes in general would be better gamers if they even devoted 1/20th of the time due to natural dexterity and competitiveness. I mean sure there are exceptions like Javale McGee (just guessing) who wouldn't do well and a plethora of other knuckleheads, but for the most part having the reactions, dexterity, competitiveness to even play in the MLB, NBA, etc >>>>>>>> any "pro gamer".

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhowen4
    he prolly is the best pro athlete gamer alive

i respect that he has great skill in two different things like that

also
    Dude's killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster
    I am almost certain pro athletes in general would be better gamers if they even devoted 1/20th of the time due to natural dexterity and competitiveness. I mean sure there are exceptions like Javale McGee (just guessing) who wouldn't do well and a plethora of other knuckleheads, but for the most part having the reactions, dexterity, competitiveness to even play in the MLB, NBA, etc >>>>>>>> any "pro gamer".

Yeah, I dunno about that man. That's just ****ing wrong. Athleticism dexterity doesn't translate over into keyboard and mouse dexterity. Even though imo sports >>> video games (and probably everyone on this board agrees) it takes a VERY different skillset and type of brains to be good at chess vs. basketball vs. Halo vs. race car driving vs. shooting.

If that logic was correct then athletes would be amazing musicians and artists if they spent 1/20th of the time that pianists and sculptors etc spent due to their "natural dexterity". It just doesn't work like that, at all. Plus, MANY athletes talk about playing LOTS of Halo/Call of Duty/NBA2k/Madden during the offseason or even during the season. Certainly 1/20th of what a pro gamer would spend.

All of which ties into how Hayward's League of Legends prowess is pretty ridiculous.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-15-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Celtics 2016 Champs

How do we know he's so skilled at LoL? is there videos of him? i wanna see this haha

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Lets be serious for a second here. So called 'pro gamers' or wannabe pro gamers are the least skilled people in society because they can't even get a real education or real job so they are the bottom 10% of society in terms of skill sets. A pro sports player and their mental fortitude, determination, real life skills, team work/communication/social skills, constant hard work, sticking to a routine and pushing themselves etc would be the top 10% of the bracket. So its not hard for a real professional sportsman to engage in minimum effort to do better then your 12hour a day armchair 'pro gamer'.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by That_Admiral
    How do we know he's so skilled at LoL? is there videos of him? i wanna see this haha
    Not sure if you play the game or not, but that is his account:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26406586#profile

Plat 1 is like top 3% or something.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Lets be serious for a second here. So called 'pro gamers' or wannabe pro gamers are the least skilled people in society because they can't even get a real education or real job so they are the bottom 10% of society in terms of skill sets. A pro sports player and their mental fortitude, determination, real life skills, team work/communication/social skills, constant hard work, sticking to a routine and pushing themselves etc would be the top 10% of the bracket. So its not hard for a real professional sportsman to engage in minimum effort to do better then your 12hour a day armchair 'pro gamer'.

GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    you do know that pro gamers in korea are superstar celebrities right? not to mention the cases where militaries have consulted players on battlefield tactics(in fact this was the origin of chess)

Celtics 2016 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenDave
    Not sure if you play the game or not, but that is his account:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26406586#profile

Plat 1 is like top 3% or something.
    WTH, he has time to get plat and still ball haha. i stopped because of uni, will start up again in december... 3 months of destroying inhibitors haha