Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast
    NBA Finals

Default Re: Why would LeBron want to join the Nets in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    because he sees himself as a global icon, the chosen one if you will, and he will get way more media play (as well as endorsement $) if hes in NY. Hes more interested in being famous than a ball player IMO.
    The dude is gonna get noticed wherever goes, because hes lebron james. And the xtra 20mil is gonna make up 4 all the endorsdment money. Besides who knows wat could happen in 2 years. Two years ago the celtics suck and the heat were champs. Now its vice-versa.

College star

because he sees himself as a global icon, the chosen one if you will, and he will get way more media play (as well as endorsement $) if hes in NY. Hes more interested in being famous than a ball player IMO.
    QFT, one if the reasons i don't like lebron and think he's overrated

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    And the xtra 20mil is gonna make up 4 all the endorsdment money.
    no it wont. especially not for a guy whose stated goal is young billionaire. he'll be pulling more than 100 mil a year in endorsements if he plays it right.

also, as far as the "he wont go to a sucky team" argument, IMO he thinks hes good enough to put any team over the hump. and I bet, if he were full of truth serum, he thinks that any team in the league has better potential to win with him than the currently constructed cavs (no offense and no homo).

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    QFT, one if the reasons i don't like lebron and think he's overrated
    Thats just his opinion

LeBron is staying in Cleveland people. No reason to debate this. New Jersey will have the new arena and move to Brooklyn, they will have young talent and they have Jay-Z but they won't be anymore of a title contender than Cleveland will be. They won't have any better role players than Cleveland will have. They might have a better future, but thats overrated, especially after what the Celtics pulled off with their "future" last offseason. Book it, in 2010 LeBron is NOT opting out and if he does then it will be to go the Elton Brand route. To sign a long term deal for less money so Ferry or whoever the GM is can put a better supporting cast on the floor with him. You have to remember that LeBron is playing in his home town and would probably love nothing more than to bring an NBA title home and the first sports championship since Jesus got slaughtered, back to Cleveland. Not to mention, he will have been in the league for seven years with probably zero titles. He's got to start thinking about winning rings right now if he wants his name next to Kobe and MJ in the history books.

LBJ will be a Warrior in 2010

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    Not to mention, he will have been in the league for seven years with probably zero titles. He's got to start thinking about winning rings right now if he wants his name next to Kobe and MJ in the history books.
    how long between mj draft and 1st title? heres the deal people, he will make hundreds of millions (possibly a billion) more if he is positioned right in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    LeBron is staying in Cleveland people. No reason to debate this. New Jersey will have the new arena and move to Brooklyn, they will have young talent and they have Jay-Z but they won't be anymore of a title contender than Cleveland will be. They won't have any better role players than Cleveland will have. They might have a better future, but thats overrated, especially after what the Celtics pulled off with their "future" last offseason. Book it, in 2010 LeBron is NOT opting out and if he does then it will be to go the Elton Brand route. To sign a long term deal for less money so Ferry or whoever the GM is can put a better supporting cast on the floor with him. You have to remember that LeBron is playing in his home town and would probably love nothing more than to bring an NBA title home and the first sports championship since Jesus got slaughtered, back to Cleveland. Not to mention, he will have been in the league for seven years with probably zero titles. He's got to start thinking about winning rings right now if he wants his name next to Kobe and MJ in the history books.
    Ferry is an idiot i bet he will get fired if the Cavs have another disappointing season, and i don't think Portland is capable of advancing in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-07-2008 at 01:41 PM.

LeBron will be able to make more money with Jay Z and Yi in NYC.

If you don't realize how important Yi is in all of this you better realize it. Yi is the 4th biggest celebrity in all of China, which takes up 1/6 of the world's population. If Yi and LeBron were on the same team, do you have any idea how much money they would make? LeBron already has a museum in China dedicated to him and his history.

Along with Jay Z and a young athletic team plus Yi, LeBron will make Billions, much more then he could ever make with the Knicks...

LeBron has said he wants to be the richest, this is how he does it...

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Ferry is an idiot i bet he will get fired if the Cavs have another disappointing season, and i don't think Portland is capable of advancing in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    he said nothing about portland.........where did that come from

He's a Hater. I don't know why he's hating on my team when I'm clearly backing the Cavs here.

[Maino]HI HATER![/Maino]

how long between mj draft and 1st title? heres the deal people, he will make hundreds of millions (possibly a billion) more if he is positioned right in NY.
    What does he have more passion for though? The money that he'll probably get either way, in Cleveland or in New York? Or winning?

Default Projecting LeBrons 2010 Destination.

Every team has LeBron fever. That was evident on draft night last week, when the Nets dealt Richard Jefferson to create cap space in '10. Other teams drafted players who could help lure James. Some, though, have no cap room (the Celtics and Lakers). Some figure to have no chance (those in small markets like Indiana and Minnesota or out-of-country markets like Toronto and those coached by Larry Brown, like Charlotte). In the end, only a handful of teams will have a shot at LeBron. The likeliest to land James:

Nets. After trading Jefferson, they drafted a nice haul of Brook Lopez, Ryan Anderson and Chris Douglas-Roberts. They'll have money, they have James pal Jay-Z as one of their owners, and they're moving to Brooklyn. The Nets are in prime LeBron-landing position.

Knicks. New York will have to protect its salary cap room, but the presumption is that if James is going to leave Cleveland, he will do so only to save the Knicks (and bump up his endorsement dollars in the league's biggest market).

Cavaliers. James has said he doesn't want to leave Cleveland, and the Cavs, by league rules, will be able to pay him more than any other team. Cleveland also will have the cash to bring in another top-shelf free agent of James' choosing.

Bulls. Is there a better place for a fella who wears No. 23? The Bulls drafted James' friend Derrick Rose, his ideal point guard.

Heat. The phone call is not hard to imagine. Wade says, "I'll stay in Miami if you want to join me. We've got Michael Beasley. South Beach, too." James says, "Hmmm. What's Pat Riley's number?" Just like that, the Wade-James tandem is born.

San Antonio. If it's a championship James wants, helping Tim Duncan close out his career would not be a bad idea.
    Link
    Ha look who's in first!

High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    You mean the mythical escalator clause that doesn't exist? THAT clause in his Nike contract?

...or, is there a new completely made-up clause that I'm unaware of?

I

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Projecting LeBrons 2010 Destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Link
    Ha look who's in first!
    That phone call with Wade should put Maimi in second for the James race. Why didnt you put this in the "why whould James go to nets thread"?