Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: who according to you guys is the best 1-on-1 wing player in the history?

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    How is Urant going to stop Allen Iverson when JJ Barea has been destroying his defense for years?
    Ok lets be serious here...are you trying to argue that Iverson has a better chance of slowing down Durant than the other way around?

This is KD effortlessly draining jumpers on one of the best defenders in the league in Paul George: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Wc71FrhXQ

Also how was JJ Barea destroying Durants defense for years. Give me even 2 clips of Barea scoring on Durant 1v1 without the help of a screen

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Default Re: who according to you guys is the best 1-on-1 wing player in the history?

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Ok lets be serious here...are you trying to argue that Iverson has a better chance of slowing down Durant than the other way around?

This is KD effortlessly draining jumpers on one of the best defenders in the league in Paul George: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Wc71FrhXQ

Also how was JJ Barea destroying Durants defense for years. Give me even 2 clips of Barea scoring on Durant 1v1 without the help of a screen
    I'm sorry man I am trolling somewhat about KD (although JJ does have his way a lot check out some of his YouTube highlight clips several are him scorching and torching KD)

the dude from OKC is one of the elite all-time for a fact even though his defense is truly weaker than it can be AND needs to be better

It's Jordan followed by Kobe

Once again out of guys I've seen ... MJ, Kobe, Durant, Iverson, McGrady and Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Once again out of guys I've seen ... MJ, Kobe, Durant, Iverson, McGrady and Melo.
    You seriously got a guy like Iverson in there? No disrespect to him, like many players said hes pound for pound one of the greatest players of all time, but we are talking about 1v1 here.

How are you gonna put him up there over a guy like Lebron? We've seen Lebron being able to guard guys like Westbrook, Rose, Curry, etc on some possessions. There is however no way whatsoever for Iverson to stop Lebron from backing him down/ driving. If James was to start with the ball he would probably win that game 11-0.

I would even take a player like Wade in a 1v1 with Iverson. The size difference is just that big of a factor.

Banned

mj
    tmac
    kd

Jordan with Kobe being close second.

SG- MJ, Kobe, T Mac, Gervin
    SF- Melo, Bernard King, Durant, Nique

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

No mention of Magic? He's a mismatch machine and probably the greatest post up gaurd of all time.

You seriously got a guy like Iverson in there? No disrespect to him, like many players said hes pound for pound one of the greatest players of all time, but we are talking about 1v1 here.

How are you gonna put him up there over a guy like Lebron? We've seen Lebron being able to guard guys like Westbrook, Rose, Curry, etc on some possessions. There is however no way whatsoever for Iverson to stop Lebron from backing him down/ driving. If James was to start with the ball he would probably win that game 11-0.

I would even take a player like Wade in a 1v1 with Iverson. The size difference is just that big of a factor.
    I meant like no one could guard him in an ISO situation within the actual game.

AI was a better scorer than Westbrook, Rose, and Curry. You know that, right?

In terms of actual one on one game. Yes I'd agree. And the guys you mentioned are IMO just a notch below offensively in terms of one on one scoring than the guys I mentioned. LeBron, Wade along with guys like Nique, Pierce, VC, Barkley, King; etc are a tier below.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I meant like no one could guard him in an ISO situation within the actual game.

AI was a better scorer than Westbrook, Rose, and Curry. You know that, right?

In terms of actual one on one game. Yes I'd agree. And the guys you mentioned are IMO just a notch below offensively in terms of one on one scoring than the guys I mentioned. LeBron, Wade along with guys like Nique, Pierce, VC, Barkley, King; etc are a tier below.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    no
    Very much yes. You weren't old enough to have even see Iverson. So there is no point attempting to discuss this with you.

Tell you this, Delladova wouldn't be locking up prime Iverson for half a series.

Are you serious right now?

The current league and Golden State's offensive system and pace plays into Curry's career high 24 to 25 ppg.

Iverson would be at 30 ppg on 45% from the field at least in this league. AI scored way more volume in a physically tougher and slower era. He's obviously the superior scorer to Curry. Not necessarily the better shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    my vote goes to melo or kd.

Melo just physically rapes you like lebron but at the same time has a way better jumper.

KD is just ridiculous because of his shot making and height advantage to get a clean shot off in any situation. If he stays healthy, kd will go down as the second best scorer after MJ and kareem.
    counting to three is hard

None of those guys could guard KD, especially with no help defense
    lol son. 1v1 = size + handles. kd ain't gonna hit all his jumpers. as soon as a guy that can post him up consistently gets the ball it's game over for skinny durant. That's 1v1.

peak josh smith has the size strength athleticism and handles to be a goat 1v1 player.
    peak artest is one of the goat perimeter defenders and is build like a house of bricks, he'll bully durant.
    peak pierce has probably the smoothest post game, a decent defender (guarded both lebron and kobe decently) and is also stronger than durant.

you know nothing about 1v1, as 95% of the other guys posting in this thread.

lol mj, tmac, and other skinny dudes valuable in 5v5. 1v1 they'd get destroyed.

GOAT 1v1: shaq, kareem, duncan, david robinson.
    they'd mop the floor with all the jordans/kobes/lebrons in a 1v1. it's enough for a wing to miss ONE shot, they ain't getting the ball back. You can search youtube for kareem destroying doc 1v1, kareem being also older. You can also search for training camp stories of random scrubs destroying 1v1. It's just another type of game.

this thread y'all nigggas ain't even touched a ball in your life.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar