Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If Tim Duncan wins the championship

I admit Duncan is superior to Kobe. His bench-warming skills have improved with the past of the years.

Practice makes the master

I admit Duncan is superior to Kobe. His bench-warming skills have improved with the past of the years.

Practice makes the master
    He's basically a Tiago Splitter at this point
    Kobe's 60 point final game is far and away more legendary and memoriable then any incoming rings Duncan gets riding the end of the bench

That game alone is more historic than Duncan himself
    I'm sure we'll all be impressed with his 9 points and 7 rebounds
    nothing. cos duncan doesnt have 81pts game, nor 50pts streak.

if duncan wins, i will be very happy, cos i can hand out all these Ls to bran stans.
    The meltdown has already begun

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

his 5th ring came as a ROLE PLAYER

He's not winning the Finals MVP, and even if the Spurs win it all it adds nothing to his overall legacy, he isn't a 1st, 2nd or 3rd option and barely plays in these games..6th in minutes and 8th in points, 8th in PER, 2nd in rebounds while also being 2nd in total turnovers
    2014 playoffs he was the Spurs second leading scorer, played the most minutes, led them in rebounds, and PER(playoffs and regular season), had less turnoves than Parker, Manu, Leonard, and Diaw, and put up 16/9/3/1 on 52% shooting while Parker did 17/5/2 and Leonard 14/7/2/2. In the WCF he put up 18/10 while Parker did 13/5 and Leonard 12/5. You may recall them going to him 5 times down the stretch in OT to get to the finals as he drew two fouls in the post while scoring 7 straight to win the series. They took it back to 03 and just threw it into him and the whole arena smelled the BBQ chicken.

So he won that ring as a role player....even though the very numbers you use to show hes one now....show he was the most productive player on the team then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    2014 playoffs he was the Spurs second leading scorer, played the most minutes, led them in rebounds, and PER(playoffs and regular season), had less turnoves than Parker, Manu, Leonard, and Diaw, and put up 16/9/3/1 on 52% shooting while Parker did 17/5/2 and Leonard 14/7/2/2. In the WCF he put up 18/10 while Parker did 13/5 and Leonard 12/5. You may recall them going to him 5 times down the stretch in OT to get to the finals as he drew two fouls in the post while scoring 7 straight to win the series.

So he won that ring as a role player....even though the very numbers you use to show hes one now....show he was the most productive player on the team then?

He didn't win FMVP, one muppet was telling me a couple of days ago rings count less if you weren't the man

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam

He didn't win FMVP, one muppet was telling me a couple of days ago rings count less if you weren't the man
    This.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Duncan hasn't won a Finals MVP since 2005

his 5th ring came as a ROLE PLAYER
    this season he averaged 8.6 ppg 7.3 rpg in 25 minutes a game, he is currently averaging 5.8 ppg and 6.3 rpg in 20 minutes a game in the Playoffs

He's not winning the Finals MVP, and even if the Spurs win it all it adds nothing to his overall legacy, he isn't a 1st, 2nd or 3rd option and barely plays in these games..6th in minutes and 8th in points, 8th in PER, 2nd in rebounds while also being 2nd in total turnovers

He's basically a Tiago Splitter at this point..
    Proof on what I said. Duncan won't get the credit but lebron will.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam

By that definition, Duncan is clearly better than Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kerry
    which he is

Difference is that Kobe was putting up superstar numbers in 2000 (until injury), 2001 and 2002...

There's a big difference in winning the title and averaging 29/7/6 for the Playoffs or winning the title and averaging 16/9

Kobe put up first option numbers in 2 out of 3 rings with Shaq, averaged 21 ppg in 2000 if you include his injury in the Finals, 23 ppg through first 3 rounds with a game-winning shot, game-winning block and leading LA in points, rebounds, assists and blocks in the dramatic Game 7 of the WCF that many people consider the beginning of the Shaq-Kobe dynasty.

Kobe averaged 25/6/5/2 with a 29% usage rate in the Playoffs for his first 3 title runs. Anyone discounting those rings is straight up trolling.

Very good NBA starter

In terms of Kobe/Duncan debates, the real damage has already been done...

Who cares about rings as the 7th best player on your team.

Not I.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Difference is that Kobe was putting up superstar numbers in 2000 (until injury), 2001 and 2002...

There's a big difference in winning the title and averaging 29/7/6 for the Playoffs or winning the title and averaging 16/9

Kobe put up first option numbers in 2 out of 3 rings with Shaq, averaged 21 ppg in 2000 if you include his injury in the Finals, 23 ppg through first 3 rounds with a game-winning shot, game-winning block and leading LA in points, rebounds, assists and blocks in the dramatic Game 7 of the WCF that many people consider the beginning of the Shaq-Kobe dynasty.

Kobe averaged 25/6/5/2 with a 29% usage rate in the Playoffs for his first 3 title runs. Anyone discounting those rings is straight up trolling.
    They will just ignore all these facts and say Shaq won FMVP.

Not airballing my layups anymore

he averaged like 1pt against memphis Kobe has more chances of winning FMVP than Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime2001
    They will just ignore all these facts and say Shaq won FMVP.
    which he did.

I completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    In terms of Kobe/Duncan debates, the real damage has already been done...

Who cares about rings as the 7th best player on your team.

Not I.
    Kobe 4 - 2 Duncan

Absolutely destroyed the Spurs when he hit his prime, 2008 was straight up rape. Game 5 still one of my favorite Playoff moments ever, some of the most aesthetic buckets ever scored in the NBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXVxcLm2qQ