Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Dwight & CP3 to join forces in Houston

All-NBA choke team

Banned

A Dwight-Asik front court would beast! Try getting a rebound with those two guys out there.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Bur then, it will be hard to convince oldies to take min vet and live in ATL as they do to live in Miami, LA and NY.

Not airballing my layups anymore Rican_Havok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    Come talk to me when Yao wins 3 x DPOY titles

Come talk to me when Yao takes ORL to NBA Finals by himself.

sick of these armchair critics.
    You know he was referring to Hakeem, right?

Lin to the Lakers??

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    and they'll probably be about as successful as the TMAC-YAO-FRANCHISE days, give or take.

Would be interesting seeing Harden play alongside ball-dominant Chris Paul. Wonder if he'd get flashbacks to playing with huge ego'd Russell Westbrook.

and Dwight would be on his third franchise in which he's constantly overshadowed by a past great C... Only the Rockets' defensive culture of the 90's and now are dramatically different.
    The Tmac/Yao days could have been very successful if they both managed to stay healthy. They were the most injury prone duo.

You dont think a CP3/Howard/Harden trio would surpass the Yao/Tmac days? It wouldnt be hard to surpass given they never won a playoff series together. ONly time was when Tmac was out and Yao went down in the playoffs. They would def. surpass that era.

Would be great for Houston if it happened. I'm one of those Laker fans who doesn't care for Dwight and would rather keep Pau. I also doubt CP3 resigns with the Clippers over that playoff debacle. I'd rather they go to Houston than Dallas, since I'm still butthurt about the Mavs ending the Kobe/Gasol era.

Banned

I liked the sound of it too at first. Joining up with a young Harden sounds way better than Dirk who will retire in 2-3 years.

But think about this. Harden has shown to be inconsistent. A beast one game and disappear another. Dwight isn't an offensive beast and his defense has be questionable this year even with recovering from back injury. CP3 as great as he is hasn't shown to be a deep playoff threat "winner". It might as well be a team of mediocrity.

At least with Dallas, Dirk is a leader and will come clutch at the end of games. He just needs someone decent in the middle to defend the paint and get rebounds. Not sure Dwight is that but he has shown to have that ability since his post game is crap. Even when Dirk comes off the books or gets a lesser salary to come off the bench, they could afford better talent. If they all took less 15 mil or so..they could even get Igoudala to join them.

The era of the super team is over.

Over.

This isn't happening unless these guys are willing to substantially undervalue themselves and that's not going to happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    The era of the super team is over.

Over.

This isn't happening unless these guys are willing to substantially undervalue themselves and that's not going to happen.
    Did they not say the same about Miami not being able to take two max contracts? Then what happen? Oh right, they all took a little less to be winners. Both CP3 and D12 had somewhat competitive teams yet both failed to get out of the first round this year. If they wanted max money, Dwight would still be in Orlando and Chris would still be a Hornet. No sh!t they have to sacrifice some money if they want to win.

chris paul and dwight on the same team?

the all fggt team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    All-NBA choke team
    that too

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    I liked the sound of it too at first. Joining up with a young Harden sounds way better than Dirk who will retire in 2-3 years.

But think about this. Harden has shown to be inconsistent. A beast one game and disappear another. Dwight isn't an offensive beast and his defense has be questionable this year even with recovering from back injury. CP3 as great as he is hasn't shown to be a deep playoff threat "winner". It might as well be a team of mediocrity.

At least with Dallas, Dirk is a leader and will come clutch at the end of games. He just needs someone decent in the middle to defend the paint and get rebounds. Not sure Dwight is that but he has shown to have that ability since his post game is crap. Even when Dirk comes off the books or gets a lesser salary to come off the bench, they could afford better talent. If they all took less 15 mil or so..they could even get Igoudala to join them.
    Well Harden carries the offensive load. Things change when you have talent on your team. He was pretty consistent on OKC with Durant and Westbrook. His overall consistency would improve with guys who command so much attention like Dwight and Paul.

Dwight actually had a excellent defensive season. His offense was not consistent but he changed the Lakers when he was in on defense. I think that is one aspect he did very well this season. His D was top notch.

Chris Paul has not been a deep playoff threat because of the talent he has played with. He has played with some decent players, but no superstars. Best player he has played with is probably Griff or David West.

You are pointing out weaknesses which are simply not true or are a result of the teams they have played on.

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    Did they not say the same about Miami not being able to take two max contracts? Then what happen? Oh right, they all took a little less to be winners. Both CP3 and D12 had somewhat competitive teams yet both failed to get out of the first round this year. If they wanted max money, Dwight would still be in Orlando and Chris would still be a Hornet. No sh!t they have to sacrifice some money if they want to win.
    Not entirely true. Those guys are superstars, they can get max money elsewhere. They can get max money on better teams than they were currently on.

National High School Star

As a fan of both teams I say the Rockets can have them.