Page 57 of 130 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067107 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

I take back every good thing I said about Miami. They just lost at home...to Georgia Tech. They're really not playing good basketball the last few weeks. Had a chance to clinch the outright ACC regular season championship tonight, and lost at home to a bad Georgia Tech team. It's starting to look more and more like they peaked too soon.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-07-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

They won, but I would not be surprised at all if Michigan doesn't make it past the first weekend of the tourney after that Purdue game. They're pretty damn soft defensively, especially on the perimeter. Terone Johnson, who's a nice player but nothing incredible or anything, just went the hell off and dominated for 32 points. Michigan had no answer for anything, if it weren't for Trey Burke playing like the potential Wooden winner he is (after a pretty crap first first half) in the last 10 or so minutes Michigan loses fairly convincingly.

Also, I know I'm probably the only guy that knows who he is, but Raphael Davis is going to be All Big Ten at some point in his career. I don't think he has much pro potential, just not enough of an athlete, but I love his game. Really smart ballplayer that does so much intangible stuff you don't see in the boxscore.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I take back every good thing I said about Miami. They just lost at home...to Georgia Tech. They're really not playing good basketball the last few weeks. Had a chance to clinch the outright ACC regular season championship tonight, and lost at home to a bad Georgia Tech team. It's starting to look more and more like they peaked too soon.
    Remember when Georgia Tech was a fairly formidable program?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Remember when Georgia Tech was a fairly formidable program?
    They lost Hewitt to George Mason, so there will probably be a recruiting lull for them for a couple of years

UConn right now:

Shabbaz Napier (Starting PG, BEPOY candidate, 2011 champion)- out with fractured right foot, which he had surgery on last summer

Niels Giffey (6th man, #1 defender on the team, 2011 champion)- out with broken finger

Omar Calhoun (starting SF, top scorer, high recruit,)- playing with sprained wrist

Tyler Olander (Starting C, 2011 champion)- out with injured foot, last seen in crutches

Enosch Wolf (Backup C, only 7 footer, solid rebounder, 2011 champion)- suspended due to arrest

add this to losing 4 players last summer ( 2 NBA Calibur, one a national champion)

Why is this happening to us right now? We are an injury away from playing the waterboy.

This only means one thing

TOLKSDORF TAKEOVER

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    they played duke really tough, that doesnt count as playing good basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    they played duke really tough, that doesnt count as playing good basketball?

He probably means "good basketball" overall during these past few weeks and rather than just a single game and he's right. The last few weeks they've had to squeak out last second wins against unranked teams that won't be in the NCAA tournament and have two poor losses.

I'd say giving them a 2 seed if a long shot unless they win the ACC tourney.

And Snaer hits another game winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    He probably means "good basketball" overall during these past few weeks and rather than just a single game and he's right. The last few weeks they've had to squeak out last second wins against unranked teams that won't be in the NCAA tournament and have two poor losses.

I'd say giving them a 2 seed if a long shot unless they win the ACC tourney.
    Pretty much this. Right after I defended Miami, calling them a legit contender, they've gone on a two week stretch of really uninspiring basketball for a "contender." First it was narrowly escaping a really bad Clemson team in Clemson. Then they barely beat squeaked out a win over UVA where the game was basically and literally given/thrown to them. Then they get blown out by a bad Wake Forest team and lose at home last night to a bad Georgia Tech team. Right now, they're trending in the wrong direction, while two other ACC teams -- Duke and UNC -- are trending up. I know Miami destroyed UNC a few weeks ago and beat them in Chapel Hill without Reggie Johnson, but I'd still almost be as comfortable at this point penciling in UNC further in my bracket than Miami.

And on the FSU/Virginia game, that sews up the 3rd spot for UNC in the ACC. After what started off looking like another 2010 season, lots of criticism of Roy Williams (in hindsight it was very foolish criticism), and criticism of the team, and UNC is going to finish exactly where they were predicted to finish. As for Virginia, they've gone from all but guarantee themselves a spot in the ACC tournament to possibly being squarely on the bubble and the outside looking in after back-to-back losses to Boston College and Florida State. They really, REALLY need to beat Maryland at home on Sunday.

UNC is underrated right now, they need to go hard on Duke and make a statement

Actually if we lose and State wins their last game @FSU, I think we drop to the 4 seed. They own the tie breaker over us because we would have lost twice to duke while they have a win.

Doesn't matter either way as the only thing you want in the ACC Tournament is that first day bye. Which is what the top 4 seeds get.

As to whom I would rather face: duke or Miami.. Who cares. Miami is slumping and, with hindsight, I honestly believe this team should have won in Cameron and probably should win tomorrow. Miami, though, because I don't like the risk of losing to duke. They do seem to blow their load in the ACCT every year. And they still might win tomorrow no matter what I feel, potentially giving them a 3 game sweep. Although Miami is just a worse match up for us, even post lineup change.

Here are the Sagarin Predictor Values for the games since PJ first became a starter:

(1) AT Dook: 90.50 pure points (expected performance by a #6 team)
    (2) VS UVA : 94.09 pure points (expected performance by a #2 team)
    (3) AT GT : 94.51 pure points (expected performance by a #2 team)
    (4) VS NCSU: 92.40 pure points (expected performance of a #4 team)
    (5) AT CLEM: 90.18 pure points (expected performance of a #8 team)
    (6) VS FSU : 91.80 pure points (expected performance of a #5 team)
    (7) AT UMD : 96.07 pure points (expected performance of a #1 team)

Nobody outside of the 3 Tigers fans on ISH cares, but DJ Stephens a really beloved Tigerhas his senior day today. He's got a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Nobody outside of the 3 Tigers fans on ISH cares, but DJ Stephens a really beloved Tigerhas his senior day today. He's got a good story.
    DJ Stephens is gonna make it to the league on athleticism alone that guy is the true definition of a freak athlete

What's happened to Syracuse? They've fallen to 17th in the top 25 and Georgetown is starting to put it on 'em. Didn't realize they were struggling this much.

Florida hit a 3 to take a 57-50 lead with 7:36 to go in the game and didn't score again. Kentucky scored the last 11 points of the game to keep their tournament hopes alive.