Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    im a superhero

Default Re: How Exactly Do You Stat Pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sroek
    You have to just watch it as it happens.

For instance, LBJ will often compromise fastbreak opportunities just to intercept a rebound that his teammate was already in a position to grab.

He also refuses to hoist up a buzzer beater from longer than 25 feet to save his FG%
    thats interesting.

i cant think of a single player who has more 30 foot buzzer beater 3's than lebron currently in the nba.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

See Rondo.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    What I don't get is people arguing Rondo's case of stat padding. Yes, he's aiming for assists, but if he scored, the points will show up on the stat sheet anyway. And since everyone seems to look at Points rather than assists, I don't see what's all the fuss besides not being aggressive.

And with points you get 2 + 1-1 FG shooting presented in the stat sheets vs 1 under the AST stat sheet.

its because he passes up an easy shot, to get a more difficult one off of an assist. like he passes up an open lay-up, to pass it to a teammate for an open jumpshot. its a tougher shot

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    Dont compare leBron to rose....if LeBron had half the heart of that little guy he'd still be in cleveland on his way to a title. I'd rather have rose than LeBron any day of the weak despite james being better, because i know Rose is leaving it all on the floor and his ability to play under pressure and deliver will make up for the advantage in talent that james may have.

2 jordan plays like jordan no matter how bad of a shooting night he is having...and rose stiill hoisted 3s, he just happened to make them this time.
    How dare he compare Lebron James to THE Derrick Rose! Blasphemy! Just look at Rose's resume. Nuff' said.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    How Exactly Do You Stat Pad?
    watch 4th quarter of kobes 81 point game.... he could have went out like a hero... he had 60 something points at the end of 3rd and they had a very good lead and blowout.... all those points were necessary even tho its selfish............ but 4th quarter destroyed that as he still comes back in to take more shots just to break somekindof record... he forced all his teammates to get him the ball so he could shoot or else he got really mad........ it was not basketball anymore... it was a circus.... like watching NBA 2K11 played by some kobe ******ging kiddie taking all of the teams shots...... was discusted by that game....

thats stat padding....

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    its because he passes up an easy shot, to get a more difficult one off of an assist. like he passes up an open lay-up, to pass it to a teammate for an open jumpshot. its a tougher shot
    Ive seen Rondo get the shit blocked out of him many times while trying to finish these so called easy lay ups, he does pass up some that look like he had it easy but maybe he thought someone was coming up behind him. The amount of times Lebron and others have swatted him when he thought he was safe outweighs his passes off where we watching perceive he has no pressure.

Also the fast break ones, he gives it to a scorer on his team, scores get in rhythm when they score... Easy buckets = rhythm no matter how much ya wanna say, they're professional athletes come on it ray allen he's one of the greatest shooters of all time that dunk isnt gonna motivate him...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    You pull a Wilt Chamberlain.

IE:

- fail to deliver when game is on the line, get most of your stats in the garbage minutes when team is down big (see '62 series vs. Celtics)
    - you play 48 minutes a game, even in blowouts where team is up/down 25+ pts just to hit your specific statistical targets

Players don't usually get this opportunity anymore, but Wilt is the golden standard when it comes to this.
    Jlauber and Phila will totally murder you

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    How dare he compare Lebron James to THE Derrick Rose! Blasphemy! Just look at Rose's resume. Nuff' said.
    I didn't know lebron had more championships than Rose.

I could've sworn they were tied at 0

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    Ive seen Rondo get the shit blocked out of him many times while trying to finish these so called easy lay ups, he does pass up some that look like he had it easy but maybe he thought someone was coming up behind him. The amount of times Lebron and others have swatted him when he thought he was safe outweighs his passes off where we watching perceive he has no pressure.

Also the fast break ones, he gives it to a scorer on his team, scores get in rhythm when they score... Easy buckets = rhythm no matter how much ya wanna say, they're professional athletes come on it ray allen he's one of the greatest shooters of all time that dunk isnt gonna motivate him...

i would disagree, i think he would be a much more efficient player if he looked to score more, but thats just me, and i can understand you disagreeing with that.

however on him getting blocked, i think he gets blocked a lot, because he doesnt go up strong, he rarely finishes strong through contact, or attacks the basket looking to get a foul. i think hes afraid to shoot freethrow, similar to andris biedrins, i have heard a lot of people in the media say that they have been told, that he hates shooting fts because he sucks at it. i think if he wasnt so afraid to shoot fts, he would attack the basket more, and get fts and be a more efficient player.

NBA Superstar

rebound shots at the end of quarters
    pass to a teammate on a 2 vs 0
    miss a put back to catch it and put back the next one
    demand the ball in fouling situations
    jack shots in garbage time
    score 'meaningless' buckets (when games have already been decided)
    excel during non-crucial points in the game

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    rebound shots at the end of quarters
    pass to a teammate on a 2 vs 0
    miss a put back to catch it and put back the next one
    demand the ball in fouling situations
    jack shots in garbage time
    score 'meaningless' buckets (when games have already been decided)
    excel during non-crucial points in the game
    Really never got why this was ever considered padding. So if you went for the 2 points on a 2-on-0, or in some cases a 2-on-1, you're a real player, but if you make the 1 assist, you're a stat-padder? These situations are exciting to watch precisely because there are two players racing down the court. Nothing wrong at all with sharing the love in this situation, and it encourages team play to reward a teammate for hustling down the court with you.

College superstar

Watch tape of Troy Murphy in Indiana.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey6
    Really never got why this was ever considered padding. So if you went for the 2 points on a 2-on-0, or in some cases a 2-on-1, you're a real player, but if you make the 1 assist, you're a stat-padder? These situations are exciting to watch precisely because there are two players racing down the court. Nothing wrong at all with sharing the love in this situation, and it encourages team play to reward a teammate for hustling down the court with you.

I hear ya, I was just trying to think of a way to stat whore for assists.

maybe this scenario: you have 12 pts 10 rbs and 9 assists and are all alone under the hoop but instead of laying it in you wait for your teammate to come down and give him the ball.

High School Starter DRose.IS.da.MAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    watch 4th quarter of kobes 81 point game.... he could have went out like a hero... he had 60 something points at the end of 3rd and they had a very good lead and blowout.... all those points were necessary even tho its selfish............ but 4th quarter destroyed that as he still comes back in to take more shots just to break somekindof record... he forced all his teammates to get him the ball so he could shoot or else he got really mad........ it was not basketball anymore... it was a circus.... like watching NBA 2K11 played by some kobe ******ging kiddie taking all of the teams shots...... was discusted by that game....

thats stat padding....
    Wade> LeBron

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Sroek
    You have to just watch it as it happens.

For instance, LBJ will often compromise fastbreak opportunities just to intercept a rebound that his teammate was already in a position to grab.

He also refuses to hoist up a buzzer beater from longer than 25 feet to save his FG%