Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Construct a Boston Celtics Team that Beats the Miami Heat Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Get fair reffs. Done.
    Let me rephrase.

Construct a Boston Celtics Team that Beats the Miami Heat and the Refs Next Season

Banned

Default Re: Construct a Boston Celtics Team that Beats the Miami Heat Next Season

I'd take Mayo if he doesn't expect a big contract, which I think he might. It's his first free agency and he'll want to get paid.

DeShawn Stevenson and Jason Terry SCREAM Boston Celtics to me. They were carved from the same rock as guys like Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Get fair reffs. Done.
    true

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I'd take Mayo if he doesn't expect a big contract, which I think he might. It's his first free agency and he'll want to get paid.

DeShawn Stevenson and Jason Terry SCREAM Boston Celtics to me. They were carved from the same rock as guys like Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce.
    Alright, how's this?

PG: Rondo/Watson
    SG: Bradley/Terry
    SF: Pierce/Hill/Stevenson
    PF: Bass/Sullinger
    C: KG/Hawes/Melo

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Alright, how's this?

We just tossed Stiemsma an offer, so he's gonna be taking the back-up minutes at the center spot. When he gets into inevitable foul trouble, that's when Melo will get some burn. Bass is gonna be looking for more years than I think Danny will want to give him so we keep some flexibility.

PF: KG/Sullinger
    C: Hawes/Stiemsma/Melo

Feels more likely. As AMI was saying, KG can slide to the five in short spurts. Meanwhile, I really like Hawes starting at the 5 and letting KG go back to his natural position. I hope Danny attacks Hawes...I'm tired of hearing Kamen's name getting thrown in.

Banned

CP3
    Kobe
    Durant
    Griffin
    Howard

Banned

Alright, how's this?

I still think Chicago exercises their option for Watson with Rose out. Without Watson, they have no other prospective PG options. Maybe they get serious about chasing Hinrich but Hinrich is not the same player who went 7 games with Chicago in 2009's first round. I can't imagine they feel terribly confident rolling him out as their starting point.

Bradley/Terry looks good, with Stevenson alternating between the 2/3 when needed. I wouldn't mind Hill signing with Boston at all but the verdict is out on whether he leaves Phoenix (which hinges almost entirely on Nash's plans, I'm sure). I still think Green signing with Boston is one of the only sure things about Boston's summer.

Bass is as good as gone too. He upped his value with that deep Playoff run and showed he's more than just the shoddy backup in Orlando. I can see Brooklyn floating Bass an offer and a chance to start if Humphries goes someplace else.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

I think Bass will get more than he's worth. I'm fine with having garbage start at centre because KG will probably get most of the minutes, and Green/Sullinger/Pierce can take the rest of the minutes at the 4. I also think Ray gets more than he's worth, so I'd aim for Mayo.

NBA rookie of the year

I still think Chicago exercises their option for Watson with Rose out. Without Watson, they have no other prospective PG options. Maybe they get serious about chasing Hinrich but Hinrich is not the same player who went 7 games with Chicago in 2009's first round. I can't imagine they feel terribly confident rolling him out as their starting point.

Bradley/Terry looks good, with Stevenson alternating between the 2/3 when needed. I wouldn't mind Hill signing with Boston at all but the verdict is out on whether he leaves Phoenix (which hinges almost entirely on Nash's plans, I'm sure). I still think Green signing with Boston is one of the only sure things about Boston's summer.

Bass is as good as gone too. He upped his value with that deep Playoff run and showed he's more than just the shoddy backup in Orlando. I can see Brooklyn floating Bass an offer and a chance to start if Humphries goes someplace else.
    I've heard Hinrich is the official target for the backup PG due to nostalgia. I think they've done all but let Watson walk at this point. Plus they still have Lucas.

Watson would come a lot cheaper than Hinrich so that's a plus for Boston. Bass is more useful than Green to me at this point. If I had to let one of the two walk, I keep Bass. He can hit the jumper just as good as KG/Hawes which is needed.

Banned

I've heard Hinrich is the official target for the backup PG due to nostalgia. I think they've done all but let Watson walk at this point. Plus they still have Lucas.

Watson would come a lot cheaper than Hinrich so that's a plus for Boston. Bass is more useful than Green to me at this point. If I had to let one of the two walk, I keep Bass. He can hit the jumper just as good as KG/Hawes which is needed.
    Lucas is a free agent. They could bring him back but he's hardly the kind of guy you want starting all 82 games for a team that was poised to at least make the ECF last season (prior to Rose going down, obviously).

Chicago has a lot of interesting decisions to make this off season, almost all related to the back court.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    CP3
    Kobe
    Durant
    Griffin
    Howard

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    We just tossed Stiemsma an offer, so he's gonna be taking the back-up minutes at the center spot. When he gets into inevitable foul trouble, that's when Melo will get some burn. Bass is gonna be looking for more years than I think Danny will want to give him so we keep some flexibility.

PF: KG/Sullinger

Feels more likely. As AMI was saying, KG can slide to the five in short spurts. Meanwhile, I really like Hawes starting at the 5 and letting KG go back to his natural position. I hope Danny attacks Hawes...I'm tired of hearing Kamen's name getting thrown in.
    Most of Boston's successful playoff run last season was due to the resurgence of KG. And it was no coincidence. KG was well rested for much of the season, rarely ever playing major minutes until the playoffs. So letting Bass go means KG will have to play more minutes at the 4 in his place in the regular season, and that's a lot of minutes unless Doc puts his trust in the rookie Sullinger. I would prefer to keep Bass for just that very reason, a fresh Kevin Garnett for the playoffs.

PF: KG/Bass/Sullinger

Maybe Dallas can work a S&T deal for Terry to Boston with Green, Moore, Johnson and Williams going the other way. Terry can play 1 or 2, and Stevenson can play both 2 and 3, pretty solid rotation me thinks.

Grant Hill is a vital pickup. Even at his age, he was one of the top individual defenders last season guarding 1,2,3 and 4s.
    Last edited by BallsOut; 06-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Banned

Most of Boston's successful playoff run last season was due to the resurgence of KG. And it was no coincidence. KG was well rested for much of the season, rarely ever playing major minutes until the playoffs. So letting Bass go means KG will have to play more minutes at the 4 in his place in the regular season, and that's a lot of minutes unless Doc puts his trust in the rookie Sullinger. I would prefer to keep Bass for just that very reason, a fresh Kevin Garnett for the playoffs.

PF: KG/Bass/Sullinger

Maybe Dallas can work a S&T deal for Terry to Boston with Green, Moore, Johnson and Williams going the other way. Terry can play 1 or 2, and Stevenson can play both 2 and 3, pretty solid rotation me thinks.

Grant Hill is a vital pickup. Even at his age, he was one of the top individual defenders last season guarding 1,2,3 and 4s.
    You can't combine sign-and-trade players. Green and Moore aren't under contract with Boston.

I am your soldier!

I'm really interested to see what Ainge and management does. Hurry up and start free agency!

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

You can't combine sign-and-trade players. Green and Moore aren't under contract with Boston.
    I thought Moore was? Williams might be as well.