Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Herbert Hill

I have never seen him play, but I've looked at his stats in the NCAA(18 PPG, 10 RPG, 3 BPG) and am wondering why he wasn't picked in the first round. I drafted him in the second round in an NBA Live Simulation league, and I feel I've gotten a steal. Scouting reports say that he is a defensive beast, and reliable on offense. Has anybody watched this kid play, and can you give me a background on him, as well as why he was drafted so late, thanks before hand.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Herbert Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
I have never seen him play, but I've looked at his stats in the NCAA(18 PPG, 10 RPG, 3 BPG) and am wondering why he wasn't picked in the first round. I drafted him in the second round in an NBA Live Simulation league, and I feel I've gotten a steal. Scouting reports say that he is a defensive beast, and reliable on offense. Has anybody watched this kid play, and can you give me a background on him, as well as why he was drafted so late, thanks before hand.

Scouting reports i read say he is a project. Doesnt have good fundamentals defensively, on the glass...limited range where all his points came from 5-8 feet from the basket. Has no go to move, no midrange jumper, handles are subpar so he wont use them to get his shot.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Herbert Hill

I've actually seen a lot of Herbert Hill while he was at Providence. I go to the Big East Tourney every year, and usually see another two or three Uconn games, usually see a game in Providence, and sometimes a St Johns game in the garden in a given year. Plus all the local TV coverage.

Hill's something of a late bloomer. He only really produced this last season at Providence. And it's not an issue of effort. The guy plays really hard, he just was never that good. That sort of takes away any type of upside you can hope for out of him, as he's probably as good as he'll ever be. You've also sort of got to wonder if he just ran into a hot streak during his senior season, in combination with being fed by a Providence team that was young, and just not that good. He does bring a legit NBA skill, in his shot blocking, and he is a pretty good rebounder. His post game is mostly inside pivot facing up, and trying to use his quickness advantage to get into a running hook or pull up. He runs pretty well, and is pretty quick footed, but he's not overly big. I'd be surprised if he's over 6-9, in spite of being listed at 6-10 or 6-11. His energy, rebounding, and shot blocking could keep him in the league, but only as a fringe guy. Think maybe what Tony Battie is now, or Francisco Elson, maybe Lawrence Funderburke from a few years back. But Battie and Elson are both bigger, and probably better athletes, and Funderburke was a actually a pretty refined scorer.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: