Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Josh Smith - 0-8 from FT line; 1-5 from three

this guy is a straight up bum. how was it that he was decent player in Atlanta now he became crappy

NBA Superstar

That about sums things up for Mr. Smith, along with that bounce pass to nowhere they mentioned. I do not know what he's like as a person, but his on-court game suggests he is either quite stubborn or unable to understanding and compute any form of criticism. He clearly has many wonderful basketball tools but continuously attempts to do things at which he's very poor.

I envision a Josh Smith who just ran the floor hard, played great defense, finished circumstantial plays inside (offensive rebounds, drop offs from guards, occasional jump hooks), and completed simple but effective passes. That'd be a great and very important player on any team. Instead, we get all of the above along with numerous awful jump shot attempts, transition pushes often leading to turnovers, and off-the-dribble isolations leading to contested leaners.

He takes everything great he does, and completely nullifies it with something terrible.

Very good NBA starter

13 million well spent

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Yeah, this bum has been terrible all year. Between him and Jennings we have the worst high volume shooters in the league on the team. Seriously, jennings is shooting Rubio percentages while taking nearly twice as many shots.

Dumars screwed the pooch yet again with his FA hires and his coaching hire. He may be a good drafter, but damn, he stinks at evaluating "bigtime" FAs. and coaches.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    What mods?

And no surprise, Josh Smith is a bum. Sad because he could be a really good player if he would just play inside of 15 feet.
    The coach needs to have enough spine to bench him when he hijacks the offense. Loyer has started benching jennings for playing out of system. Smith will get the ball and spend 5 seconds dicking around before taking a terrible jumper with a defender in his face.

At this point, I want to lose out the rest of the season and get the best draft pick we can, trade smith for an expiring deal and move on with a new GM and coach in place.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Josh Smith and Lebron James aren't that far apart talent wise. poor coaching did Josh in
    not even quality trolling,

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    The coach needs to have enough spine to bench him when he hijacks the offense. Loyer has started benching jennings for playing out of system. Smith will get the ball and spend 5 seconds dicking around before taking a terrible jumper with a defender in his face.

At this point, I want to lose out the rest of the season and get the best draft pick we can, trade smith for an expiring deal and move on with a new GM and coach in place.
    Yes, I defended Joe Dumars for a long time, and I thought a lot of the defense was valid, but I have zero doubts these two signings will be the last straw. Dumars will be gone. I just wonder who's out there who could competently replace him.

That said, I legitimately thought Smith would be a good ball player. I didn't watch a lot of the Hawks but I thought I'd read he'd stopped shooting so many jumpers. I was incorrect. This year, he has been one of my least favorite talented players to watch, ever. Even his great dunks bore me.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    He can no longer be called a frustrating player. He is what he is. At one point in his career, it was possible that Josh Smith could have been better with shot selection and better work ethic. At this point, he is the same player as he's always been. An inefficient PF in a SF body.

Actually he is worse than he has ever been. Absolutely idiotic to give him a big contract AND put him at the 3.

Attitude problem and bad decisions. The guy's got the tools; not the IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Josh Smith and Lebron James aren't that far apart talent wise. poor coaching did Josh in
    While he has always had poor coaching, and maybe if he'd had a better coach he would've turned out better, but you have to put it all on Josh. I'm sure his coaches have told him not to chuck up 3's, he's just too stupid to listen.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VIntageNOvel
    how he's allowed to shoot 5 threes is beyond me

and he still doesnt get that he's not a good shooter after 10 years
    Any half way decent coach would bench him until his shot selection improves.

obviously nobody wants to play in detroit. they were both players absolute last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Any half way decent coach would bench him until his shot selection improves.
    i thought coach was benching him earlier in the season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He's still been a very good defensive and decent all around forward. The Problem is he should never have had as big a part in the offense for the teams he's played on. For the Pistons he takes 16.2 shots to average 16.5...that's antoine walkerish.

Still Brandon Jennings makes me laugh more because of how he he said all that bullshit about The Bucks having no one but him and Monta and that's why he played the way he did and why he was inefficient. The guy is shooting .376% on the season this year. Him and Josh Smith are absolutely atrocious as your 1 and 2 scorers. They need to stop shooting and just give it to Drummond. Better that he develops than these chumps keep trying to score.

Banned

2009 - Sign Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon

2013-2014 - Sign Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings