Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Statman32s trip to the Las Vegas Summer League.

Great stuff Statman! Still not enough to make me fly over from the UK to take in Summer League for myself, but great reviews! Good pictures too.

Really disappointed in Gerald Green, I hope his attitude drastically improves before/during training camp. I'm just hoping Jason Kidd and some of the other vets can knock some sense into him.

BlogOFfatman
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Great stuff Statman! Still not enough to make me fly over from the UK to take in Summer League for myself, but great reviews! Good pictures too.

Really disappointed in Gerald Green, I hope his attitude drastically improves before/during training camp. I'm just hoping Jason Kidd and some of the other vets can knock some sense into him.
    Do you like Prince Harry?

What was JR Smith doing!? Was he balling on people?

JR!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    What was JR Smith doing!? Was he balling on people?

JR!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlogOFfatman
    Do you like Prince Harry?
    Do yu liek spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Did you watch Philly play at all?
    Top 5 76ers players: (Only saw most of the 2nd half)

1. Thaddeus Young- Besides Gerald Green he was probably the most athletic wing I saw. Got to the line at will and was very explosive. His shot looked pretty bad though. Defensively he used his athleticism to get into some passing lanes and why he didnt look great defensively, you could tell he had all the tools to be a good defender including good lateral quickness.

2. Jason Smith- As I said before he looked like Nick Fazekas but more athletic and with a little more power. Crashed the boards hard and has a pretty sweet jumper. Also has a very soft touch down low. I think hes a better player than Speights right now but Speights has the athletic ability to become a better player. From what I saw he can body up some guys but struggles moving laterally on defense.

3. Marreese Speights- Very athletic player that has a knack for getting past his guys but still is very raw. His moves were fluid but still very simple. Defensively he was quick enough to rotate over to block some shots but I didnt see a lot of good man defense from him. From what I saw Jason Smith looks a little more ready to be given minutes this next season but Speights has the tools and versatility to become a better player. Has a good form on his shot even though a lot of his jumpers didnt go in.

4. Jamont Gordon- His decision making wasn't very good and he got lost at times on offense. When he did get the ball he could get to the rim pretty easily and even drove in for the game winning bucket. (Although it should have been game tying but they called off Carrolls basket on the other end because of a BS offensive foul) Not a very good shooter but his length created some trouble on the defensive end.

5. Junior Harrington- The one player all week who looked to have a attitude. Seemed to do a lot of whining and was very cocky even though I dont think he should be. Was probably the best distributer on the 76ers and was doing a decent job getting to the rim and creating contact. Was more aggressive out there than Gordon. Didnt see much from him defensively to comment. If the 76ers need someone that can play now they will sign Harrington although Gordon has more potential. I actually think they should put Gordon in the D-League and look for a point guard elsewhere.

McCants is Available!!

4. Jamont Gordon- His decision making wasn't very good and he got lost at times on offense. When he did get the ball he could get to the rim pretty easily and even drove in for the game winning bucket. (Although it should have been game tying but they called off Carrolls basket on the other end because of a BS offensive foul) Not a very good shooter but his length created some trouble on the defensive end.
    Jamont FTW!

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Did you watch the Spurs play?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Did you watch the Spurs play?
    I saw the 1st half of the Suns/Spurs game. I'll talk about the Spurs players later but I did see Popovich before the game and he had the whole grizzly man look going. Looked like hes been drinking for weeks.

He always almost grows the bread during the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    I saw the 1st half of the Suns/Spurs game.
    You watched the one game neither Ian or Hill played in.

Nice job Stat!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Great deal.

I was in Vegas this past week and decided to stop by the Thomas Mack centre to watch some games...

For $20 (all day pass - open seating), this was an amazing value. I watched the Dallas/Kings game and the Sixers/Wizards game...couldn't stay for the night games unfortunately.

As Statman said, lots of players, coaches, front office personnel, scouts, etc in a very informal environment. You can just go up to people and chat or shoot the sh!t with them, take pictures with them, etc.

If you are in Vegas, definitely worth checking out...

Just another poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sham
    Great deal.

I was in Vegas this past week and decided to stop by the Thomas Mack centre to watch some games...

For $20 (all day pass - open seating), this was an amazing value. I watched the Dallas/Kings game and the Sixers/Wizards game...couldn't stay for the night games unfortunately.

As Statman said, lots of players, coaches, front office personnel, scouts, etc in a very informal environment. You can just go up to people and chat or shoot the sh!t with them, take pictures with them, etc.

If you are in Vegas, definitely worth checking out...
    Looks like I'm going to Vegas for the next Summer League.

Quote Originally Posted by 3stat2
    Damn, 20 bucks for a whole day pass sounds pretty good. How did DJ and Alando look out there? I'm especially interested in Strawberry's D
    Top 5 Suns players: (Watched the 1st half)

1. DJ Strawberry- Could get to any spot on the court he wanted. Looked very comfortable out there and is quicker than I thought. Made some nice passes after penetrating down low but did disappoint me once when he missed Robin Lopez when he had a guard on him. His shot didnt look too good but he was getting into passing lanes and was by far the best defender out there. Was the leader of the Suns.

2. Alondo Tucker- Everything he does looks effortlessly although he disappears at time. Needs to be more assertive about getting hisshot because when he does he can nail a mid-range jumper with ease. Still needs to develop more range on his shot b/c his 3 point shot looked shaky.

3. Robin Lopez- The coaches were on him the whole game. I dont know if its because he was doing the wrong things or if they just wanted to concentrate on coaching him. Was a beast on the offensive boards but wasnt getting good position on the defensive boards. Has the length to contest shots but a couple times was backed down and scored on by a smaller Spurs player. Offensively he was better than I thought and thats something I could see improving drastically as the season goes on. He has the skills and a decent touch.

4. Jared Jordan- Ran the offense like it was suppose to and helped everyone get touches. Made a couple nice drives that resulted in him getting to the line, where he drained his free throws with ease using his sweet stroke. Defensively he made some nice plays that led to fast breaks for the Suns, but overall he just seemed average out there. The two older ladies I was sitting by were raving about how nice of a kid he was and he even waved to them during warm-ups when he saw them.

5. Jiri Hubalek- This is where there is a big drop off in talent for the Suns. Hubalek looked confused on defense and committed a lot of stupid fouls. He was the recipient of a couple nice passes and did convert them which you cant say about Portlands bigs. Wasnt very good but I give him the 5th spot just because he didnt make stupid turnovers like the rest of the guys not listed.