Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: For Lebron so loved the idea of returning home...

Quote Originally Posted by FPJ
    Seriously though, should Rose ask for the min? Should he feel bad for taking money he didnt earn? Answer this and if i like the answer i may explain to you why Lebron chose this contract, even though someone else tried to already.

I already know. He purposely chose a 2 year contract to take advantage of the expected salary jump up to around 80 million ish I believe?

I don't know how I can start to compare rose and lebron. Lebron is due his money now, but chose a shorter time for a future windfall. Rose is currently serving out his contract and will be due the max again if he remains healthy.

Lebron is purposely ignoring a max contract now, to cash in once the new cap comes in. How does that help Cleveland's flexibility? Lebron deserves the max, but take it now and do the right thing for the organizations flexibility.

Rose comes off contract when the new cap comes in, so the comparison is futile.

NBA All-star

it's probably how we all feel about putting on them old clothes

just a matter of whether it's clothes after they gained weight, or after they lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I already know. He purposely chose a 2 year contract to take advantage of the expected salary jump up to around 80 million ish I believe?

I don't know how I can start to compare rose and lebron. Lebron is due his money now, but chose a shorter time for a future windfall. Rose is currently serving out his contract and will be due the max again if he remains healthy.

Lebron is purposely ignoring a max contract now, to cash in once the new cap comes in. How does that help Cleveland's flexibility? Lebron deserves the max, but take it now and do the right thing for the organizations flexibility.

Rose comes off contract when the new cap comes in, so the comparison is futile.
    You are right, you can't compare the two. No one did, though.

Lebron can do whatever he wants because he's Lebron, he can carry teams by himself. He sets whatever rules he wants. In Cleveland, Lebron is owner, GM and player.

It's funny to me seeing all the double standard on this forum. When Lebron took a paycut, he was the devil cause he wanted to collude with other superstars. When he goes after the big pay day, he's a villain cause he doesn't wanna help his team, even though the roster structure isnt in need of that.

Meanwhile, in LA...
    Meanwhile, in NY...

Meanwhile, in the NBA...

Quote Originally Posted by FPJ
    You are right, you can't compare the two. No one did, though.

Lebron can do whatever he wants because he's Lebron, he can carry teams by himself. He sets whatever rules he wants. In Cleveland, Lebron is owner, GM and player.

It's funny to me seeing all the double standard on this forum. When Lebron took a paycut, he was the devil cause he wanted to collude with other superstars. When he goes after the big pay day, he's a villain cause he doesn't wanna help his team, even though the roster structure isnt in need of that.

Meanwhile, in LA...
    Meanwhile, in NY...

Meanwhile, in the NBA...

Lebron does everything within the rules, but that isn't what I was questioning here..

I just wish that the best player in the game and the ambassador for the sport would do things that were genuinely thoughtful and not just with his own interests in mind all the time.

That's what used to bug me about Jordan after he retired, it was all about him and how much money he can make. He even sued a local shop for using one of his slogans to promote a product, that stuff can be let go otherwise its comes across really crass.

I do not support athletes who are either greedy or putting themselves before their teammates.

Guys like dirk and Duncan you can clearly see that they are thankful for what they have and will sacrifice money and accolades for the betterment of the team.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Lebron does everything within the rules, but that isn't what I was questioning here..

I just wish that the best player in the game and the ambassador for the sport would do things that were genuinely thoughtful and not just with his own interests in mind all the time.

That's what used to bug me about Jordan after he retired, it was all about him and how much money he can make. He even sued a local shop for using one of his slogans to promote a product, that stuff can be let go otherwise its comes across really crass.

I do not support athletes who are either greedy or putting themselves before their teammates.

Guys like dirk and Duncan you can clearly see that they are thankful for what they have and will sacrifice money and accolades for the betterment of the team.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=77

The Heat, namely James took a significant paycut to allow a team to form together that in any normal salary cap circumstance, would not be allowed to happen. That doesn't mean they get less money(Florida state taxes), it just means that they manipulated the salary cap to make a super team.

Where does it end? Let's say Jordan in his prime decided to take half pay for the next 3 seasons and allow Lebron to join him on a max contract? How fair would the competition be then?

That's what people have a problem with. They had to cheat their way into making a team that should of been impossible to make.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=32

Lebron taking a paycut to fit other great players in, yet loses nothing on state taxes and endorsements.

Cheating muthafcker

Wow. Pedo is a shameless agenda driven bitch. Who knew?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Wow. Pedo is a shameless agenda driven bitch. Who knew?
    literally took my 10 seconds to find that shit too...i figured he had bitched about lbj taking a paycut before..just typed in "poido123 lebron max site:insidehoops.com" on google was like the 3rd link

So I have an agenda? I don't like the guy, I make light of my own players flaws too, i don't discriminate.

So what's the problem? I made my points, you dont have to agree, discuss your opinion or just say nothing

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    literally took my 10 seconds to find that shit too...i figured he had bitched about lbj taking a paycut before..just typed in "poido123 lebron max site:insidehoops.com" on google was like the 3rd link

Clearly you know the difference between guys well past their prime taking paycuts and a guy in his prime doing it to gain an advantage over his competitors?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Clearly you know the difference between guys well past their prime taking paycuts and a guy in his prime doing it to gain an advantage over his competitors?
    you know when you have start adding qualifiers that weren't in your original argument you took an L...besides 1) dirk took a cut in his prime 2) lebron is still in his prime (and still will be at 31) yet you're still bitching about him taking too much money....

So, what is it? LeBron should or shouldn't take a paycut? It can't be both.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    you know when you have start adding qualifiers that weren't in your original argument you took an L...besides 1) dirk took a cut in his prime 2) lebron is still in his prime (and still will be at 31) yet you're still bitching about him taking too much money....
    FCK off idiot.

You found the time to go look for these old threads, I bet you could find the ones where I explain this? Instead of just conveniently highlighting one aspect of my argument, I did explain the part about the pay cut in prime thing. I remember discussing it with plowking from memory.

I didn't bother reading those ones you linked, since you never took the time to frame my whole argument, I appreciate your agenda too buddy

The guy is mega rich and will make bucket loads of cash in endorsements etc because of his move to Cleveland.

The cap provides flexibility for the management to fit players around him. Taking the biggest chunk possible out of it does not help your team get better or your situation.

Its just pure selfishness and greed.
    Lebron should cheat and take a paycut.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    So, what is it? LeBron should or shouldn't take a paycut? It can't be both.

Take the max now and show the city you are;

1. Totally committed to Cleveland and not looking to handicap their cap flexibility in the future

2. Not giving any indication that you will get up and Leave again for greener pastures.

And 3. Gain the right to be GM of the team, since you are committed 100%