Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast
    A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Default Lets end this debate ONCE AND FOR ALL: Who's to blame for the 2011 Finals loss.

Wade or Lebron??

I say Wade is to blame for being selfish.

I'm about to quote a few VERY CONVINCING and intelligent posts:

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    the thought of wade winning FMVP.....made me actually HAPPY lebron didnt win a championship this year............

seriously......... the thought of that wade dude who was 2nd fiddle to lebron all year.... including the playoffs... choking so ridicilously bad in the chicago series especially...... all of the sudden winning the FMVP and being the sole reason to the lack of lebrons (and entire heat) offensive rythm in the Finals just because he wanted to put on a show.... because he decided its "HIS TEAM AND SHOULD LEAD" all of the freakin sudden....... and still get a ring that way.......... that thought is unbarable............
    Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    yup...Wade expected Lebron to be 2nd fiddle because Miami was his team. as great as they seemed to look as 1a-1b, it was a complete disconnect that first year. we had countless threads here acknowledging how much of a waste one player standing aside to give each other their turn looked atrocious. i'm sure we can bump the hundreds of "Robin to Batman" threads that I'm sure some of the naysayers here are in, as well

now they wanna say it was a GREAT tactic to prop Wade seeing Lebron has left. there can NEVER be 2 leaders on the floor, one always has to be clearly in front of the other and that had to be Lebron from the jump. Wade didn't want to relinquish the role initially, and Lebron didn't want to step on his toes either. it cost them the 1st title. that's not hard to see.

as for the boston series...ok, both were great. but exactly how rare was that? how often has Wade been consistently good for a series to continue this notion? it's few and far between, even when the attention was primarily on James, and then Wade having the easier path to thrive. the REAL winning and dominance didn't come through until Lebron was placed at the front and Wade behind him...it's proven, 2 titles and a 27-game win streak under it. what more do you need to attest to it?

even worse this last season...all this regimen to keep Wade healthy to only fail in the Finals. it's why I don't stand by Wade until he proves himself for Miami again. I rather be the a-hole and tell him bye to bring in less-prone-to-injury Stephenson, at an even more discounted rate, too. Wade was good when he was Flash, but that's history and the past doesn't help us win going forward. in 2 yrs, I just hope Pat does the right thing and pay him the $5mil he deserves going forward or tell him retire and sit in the box seats where I am
    Your turn.
    Last edited by Dragic4Life; 07-22-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: Lets end this debate ONCE AND FOR ALL: Who's to blame for the 2011 Finals loss.

Default Re: Lets end this debate ONCE AND FOR ALL: Who's to blame for the 2011 Finals loss.

there is no argument here. Lebron underperformed. It was 99% on lebron.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    there is no argument here. Lebron underperformed. It was 99% on lebron.
    Only a troll or a fggt would say Lebron is supposed to take 99% of the blame.

It's a fckin' TEAM game. Lebron is at most 20% responsible for the lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Dirk.
    Oh c'mon don't...

Not airballing my layups anymore

LeBron for being massively ****ing shit.

NBA rookie of the year

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...106070DAL.html

Game 4. One or two possession game, and an opportunity to go up 3-1,

Wade: 32 Points
    Bosh: 24 points

Bran: 8 points on 3/11 shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    Only a troll or a fggt would say Lebron is supposed to take 99% of the blame.

It's a fckin' TEAM game. Lebron is at most 20% responsible for the lost.
    Is it the same TEAM game when kids like you and a few others keep saying lebron "carried" the team and he is the sole reason for their team success?

Quote Originally Posted by PJR

As pauk said, Wade was hogging the ball and isolating Lebron from "his" team.

Wade played great and Lebron didn't participate...but that was the strategy, let Wade shine. it just wasn't enough for the Heat to beat the Mavs.

it falls on the coach and Lebron, anyhow I'm the best player and the coach tells me to let Wade shine, I'm disobeying like a kindergarten kid in the sandbox.

Banned

Well, Dirk completely shat on him and then Jason Terry was there to stomp the feces into LeBalds mouth. LeBald also put up empty-stats the entire series and overall it looked like he was playing for the other team.

So I'd blame Dirk, Terry, LeBald.

i still think it was wade. I mean sure, you could have expect a LIttle more from

lebron in terms of scoring, but overall he wasn't bad. Check his rebounding and

assist numbers. Alot of people tend to ignore those and how they impacted the

game. The heat during those times had 2 good scorers in wade and bosh. Now in

wades case, it wasn't by any means terrible, just really low to his usual game.

He was meant to be the top scorer and lead his team past. Several times he

choked in big moments and just couldn't handle the pressure.

The real reason the the heat lost though was because the mavs were way too hot. The team was severely underrated with jason terry playing his best basketball, defensive juggernauts in chandler and marion and snipers of barea.

Very good NBA starter

Here's your answer, OP.