Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: What should the Timberwolves do with the #3 Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh-2-Def
    Mayo and Jefferson could be something like Kobe/Shaq! Of course neither will ever be as good, but I like the idea. T'wolves should explore trades for Foye, McCants and Jaric, Draft Mayo, Re-sign Telfair and sign a center. This team could make some noise for years to come.

agree with you here .... get rid of jaric the guy is lucky enough to get adrianna lima but staying with the wolves the guy is a waste.... he should go back to where he belongs.. i dont know if anyone would want mccants... but minny has no legit center... so knowing mchale he might pick brook lopez... id take mayo or eric gordon ....

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    agree with you here .... get rid of jaric the guy is lucky enough to get adrianna lima but staying with the wolves the guy is a waste.... he should go back to where he belongs.. i dont know if anyone would want mccants... but minny has no legit center... so knowing mchale he might pick brook lopez... id take mayo or eric gordon ....
    Get rid of Jaric? too expensive to buy out, and he has almost 0 good value on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    Get rid of Jaric? too expensive to buy out, and he has almost 0 good value on the market.

you can thank mchale for that one

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Ehhh they really need a center but I don't think there are any centers good enough at 3.

Brook Lopez is soft, unathletic and will get pushed around in the NBA.

DeAndre Jordan has zero offensive skill right now and his potential is based on athleticism.

So I think instead of getting a center they should get the best player available by drafting Mayo or Bayless.

Soft, unathletic, describes Yao too. Brook Lopez has TOOLS and he'd be a great complement to Al Jeff as he can knock down the 15 footer with regularity.....The Wolves would be STUPID to pass on this guy.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    If they're smart?

Kevin Love.
    SHHHH!

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Lopez and Love both have good touch, passing skills, some perimeter shooting, to pair nicely with Jefferson as a high low tandem offensively. However, defensively you're asking for trouble with two bigs who aren't really lane defenders who can cover ground. I'm not sure if either brings enough on the one end to warrant the cost at the other. I'd almost rather take a gamble on Jordan who's got a shot at at least covering the back line.

I think they'd be a good fit for Hibbert, who can provide some defensive clog, and while he doesn't have the skill set of the others, he did play in the high post all the time in college. They could draft the wing of their choice, Mayo, Gordon, maybe even Bayless, then try to move back up with one of their excess perimeter guys, McCants, The Floridan kid who's name I'm blanking on, or some combo thereof.
    Even to try to move back up for a more defensive minded big of lesser value than Lopez, like Javale McGee.

Lopez at 3 is high? Then name me 3 players that could go 3 that doesnt have you saying "That is high". Like really.

Minnesota should draft Lopez. You have your C and PF for the next 8-10yrs.

Timberwolves will trade the #3 pick to the Celtics for Sam Cassell. Timberwolves will then announce that Cassell will be one of the cornerstone players for Minny's future.

Cassell is then signed to a 5 year, $50 million extension.

Dylan spits hot fire!

How many times will they draft a SG/SF

from Mccant to Foye to Brewer

either draft a center or Pg or trade the pick for someone whose more of a guarantee to produce.

I know their young but some veteran experience or leadership would help alot.

Quote Originally Posted by elz
    How many times will they draft a SG/SF

from Mccant to Foye to Brewer

either draft a center or Pg or trade the pick for someone whose more of a guarantee to produce.

I know their young but some veteran experience or leadership would help alot.

thats how great mchale is. imo if the wolves get mayo. they just wasted the mccants pick and somewhat randy foye. i mean mayo can give you a 20ppg a night but how many touches does he need to do that. however if you would go for lopez. it would give better look for mccants foye and at the same time brewer should he wake up next season. because clearly it would give a lot of burden from al jefferson having a legit C.

They need to go lopez. they have the G's and F's to win. Those players just need experience. They need another force down low to go with Al Jefferson. They would have a solid line up, on paper, by going with a 7 footer.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Lopez at 3 is high? Then name me 3 players that could go 3 that doesnt have you saying "That is high". Like really.

Minnesota should draft Lopez. You have your C and PF for the next 8-10yrs.
    Beasley Rose Mayo

Mayo is the answer. We've got 2 other picks in the 2nd, plus Miamis and Bostons next year, theres plenty of 7 footers that need to come in and play defense..not taking scoring opps from Al using the same offense for him.

Mayo would be awesome next to Al.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    Beasley Rose Mayo

Mayo is the answer. We've got 2 other picks in the 2nd, plus Miamis and Bostons next year, theres plenty of 7 footers that need to come in and play defense..not taking scoring opps from Al using the same offense for him.

Mayo would be awesome next to Al.
    Mayo wouldnt be a bad choice. Thats 1, name me two others (not beasley/rose, they are going 1 and 2). I kinda meant name me 3 players that could be drafted at 3, that doesnt have you saying "Thats kinda high to take him there".

The reason I go Lopez? Minny has guards. You got Foye. Foye/Mayo? Eh, I rather go with Lopez downlow and try to work inside out. You can pick up guards in a trade or free agency I think. Big men/Centers? Good luck. Because say you draft OJ Mayo. Who is your Center?

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    thats how great mchale is. imo if the wolves get mayo. they just wasted the mccants pick and somewhat randy foye. i mean mayo can give you a 20ppg a night but how many touches does he need to do that. however if you would go for lopez. it would give better look for mccants foye and at the same time brewer should he wake up next season. because clearly it would give a lot of burden from al jefferson having a legit C.
    Slide Brewer at SF. McCants? OJ Mayo is better imo. Mayo/Foye is nice. Can it work? Maybe. But lets say it does

Foye
    Mayo
    Brewer
    Jefferson

That is a nice 1-4 on paper. Whats missing? Center. You gonna put Jefferson there? Who plays PF? PF by committee or glaring hole at Center?

With Lopez you solve your answer to Center. And push come to shove you can find a PG faster than you can a Center.

Not a Wolves fan so what do i really care. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Slide Brewer at SF. McCants? OJ Mayo is better imo. Mayo/Foye is nice. Can it work? Maybe. But lets say it does

Foye
    Mayo
    Brewer
    Jefferson

That is a nice 1-4 on paper. Whats missing? Center. You gonna put Jefferson there? Who plays PF? PF by committee or glaring hole at Center?

With Lopez you solve your answer to Center. And push come to shove you can find a PG faster than you can a Center.

Not a Wolves fan so what do i really care. Just sayin
    i go lopez too GOBB. twolves 2nd to last in blocks last year. lopez could help that