3.)Sergey Karasev
    Gaurd:
    1.)Markel Brown
    2.)Bojan Bogdanovic
    Gaurd:
    1.)Deron Williams
    2.)Jarrett Jack
    3.)Darius Morris
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 03-29-2015 at 10:49 PM.

   

Default Re: Nets 2014 Roster

pretty sure s-dot and blatche are gone.

neat pickup of karasev since the nets were already very high on him from a year or two before. also will be really interesting to see how bogs and the rookies do.

considering the somewhat disappointing season, the disaster of jason kidd, and the lack of #1's going forward... this is a pretty nice roster to cheer for. we really needed a youthful talent injection, and this is about as good as it could have gotten. bravo to king and crew on this one.

meanwhile the city i'm living in is now headed by lebron james and a lot of young talent. too bad i've never been a cavs fan.

Right you're from Cleveland. Oh geez. Don't leave us for the Lebrons.. Uh.. I mean cavs

   

HEY HEY i'm from philly

watch it, bro!

:P

Hahaha damn. I knew that... My bad man!

Big news: Paul Pierce is signing with the Washington Wizards. 2 year full mle. Nets elected not to resign him

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Hahaha damn. I knew that... My bad man!

Big news: Paul Pierce is signing with the Washington Wizards. 2 year full mle. Nets elected not to resign him

i wonder if they would be signing someone else ... or let AK play the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    i wonder if they would be signing someone else ... or let AK play the 3.
    Well the nets only have the minimum. They probably not get anyone starter wise. Would be great to get a real pf though, Kirilenko can start sf

   

lol

Funny thing, I'm in japan now. Chilling in a cafe, run into two guys from NY. Dude starts talking NBA, tells me he got boys who chill with Pierce. Says Nets don't want him, so Pierce and agent are throwing huge requests at them just cause they know Nets aren't interested. Pierce will go anywhere but Brooklyn.

This about three days ago. Also said nets told Garnett they'd buy him out for $0 million, basically **** you, retire or come play.

He probably was just talking shit but it's interesting...

   

speaking of japan, i'm in the middle of black jack right now. it is easily one of the best manga / graphic novels i've ever read.

it's about an unlicensed surgeon who's something of a robin hood-type, written and drawn by someone who was himself a doctor before going in to comics. kinda wish my dad was still alive so i could share this with him (he was an internist).

well, not sure what that had to do with anything, but there you go. :P

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    speaking of japan, i'm in the middle of black jack right now. it is easily one of the best manga / graphic novels i've ever read.

it's about an unlicensed surgeon who's something of a robin hood-type, written and drawn by someone who was himself a doctor before going in to comics. kinda wish my dad was still alive so i could share this with him (he was an internist).

well, not sure what that had to do with anything, but there you go. :P
    I never read that, may check it out. I've got three more days here, eating as much as possible.

There is a series called Jin about a surgeon who travels back to ancient japan and has to make decisions on how much to share, etc of his skill and maybe change history.

   

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I never read that, may check it out. I've got three more days here, eating as much as possible.

There is a series called Jin about a surgeon who travels back to ancient japan and has to make decisions on how much to share, etc of his skill and maybe change history.
    whoa... from the WP entry it sounds quite good!

side note: i would love it if someone made a manga about minamoto yoshitsune (i may be recalling the name a bit wrong)... i mean, the brilliant young swordsman / general who led his clan to glory, then was betrayed by his elder bro. he lived around 1500 - 1600 i think and there is a famous novel about the struggle called... "tale of the heike" or something. sorry, it's been a long time. he's one of my heroes in life, in any case.

but, so, what are you eating there, nikster? hopefully it's not fukushima seafood!

Updated the OP with Alan Anderson being resigned and rookies Markel Brown and Cory Jefferson.

OP is updated with the most up to date information.

   

Free agents:

Forwards: Andray Blatche (Xinjiang Flying Tigers ...
    hard for me to understand why guys of his caliber opt for china. i mean, he most certainly doesn't need the money, he has demand from the NBA and europe, and now he's giving up a lot of things he's used to going to a country which has a language he'll never understand and which won't let him out of its borders until his contract is fulfilled.

kmart, starbury, stevie franchise, arenas, skiptomylou, tmac...... iverson belongs on that list but never made it(!)

now josh boone... that's someone i can understand going to china.