Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Amare to Sixers=bad idea unless..

76ers are around $23 million away from the salary floor. Either they can sign some long term deals, or they can trade for expirers like Amar'e. Knicks would send Shumpert along as well. They wouldn't send any other picks.
    Last edited by Sarcastic; 07-08-2014 at 12:48 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    The going rate to take on that type of Dead Money last year I believe was two firsts. Isn't that what Utah got for taking on the Andres Bedrins and Richard Jefferson deals? And that's pretty close to what your asking someone to do for taking on Stat. It's not quite as bad because it's not eating two roster spots. But you'd still possibly be looking at Stat, a first, and a young asset, Larkin or Shump or Hardaway.

Somebody on here mentioned The Bucks as a possibility, and I haven't looked into it much, but just quickly it made some sense. I'm not sure what their cap situation looks like though.
    Bucks don't have space for Stat. If you want back Mayo, Zaza, etc its easy enough. I just can't imagine you do (you shouldn't).

There just aren't many assets the Bucks would want either. Phil inherited a pretty barron cupboard.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    76ers are around $30 million away from the salary floor. Either they can sign some long term deals, or they can trade for expirers like Amar'e. Knicks would send Shumpert along as well. They wouldn't send any other picks.
    Thats an AWFUL trade proposal. People stop taking calls from you after proposals like that. Phil is gonna have to do better than that.

Again, Utah got 2 1st rd picks for taking on the same amount of salary last year. And there are plenty of teams looking to dump salary...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Thats an AWFUL trade proposal. People stop taking calls from you after proposals like that. Phil is gonna have to do better than that.

Again, Utah got 2 1st rd picks for taking on the same amount of salary last year. And there are plenty of teams looking to dump salary...

That was a totally different deal. I don't think Utah was in danger of not reaching the minimum salary, so they didn't have a need as well. Philly actually has a need. They need to reach the salary floor. Their options are to 1) sign a free agents, who will be looking for multiple years, or 2) trade for an expirer.

If they want multiple year deals on their books, then by all means reject the deal.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2

Bucks don't have space for Stat. If you want back Mayo, Zaza, etc its easy enough. I just can't imagine you do (you shouldn't).

There just aren't many assets the Bucks would want either. Phil inherited a pretty barron cupboard.
    Hardaway JR and Larkin were both rumored to be targets for the bucks if Giannes didn't fall to then last year. Thanasis is a good prospect and brother of a key piece.

Yeah you'd have to take mayo back and Zaza but both could fill holes left by dealing 3 young guaurds and prob dalembert. The key pieces are Larry sanders and illyasova

Hypothetically (and it prob won't happen) but let's say the 76rs took amare and cut 20 mill off the salary. Would that be enough to raise the offer for pau above 5?

What is the amount the Knicks have to get to to get the full mle?

Krust Kingz

Stat + Shump + 3 mill and something else was SAS idea he heard.

If he's going to do a deal like this in the hopes to entice LBJ Zen better hurry up.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Hardaway JR and Larkin were both rumored to be targets for the bucks if Giannes didn't fall to then last year. Thanasis is a good prospect and brother of a key piece.

Yeah you'd have to take mayo back and Zaza but both could fill holes left by dealing 3 young guaurds and prob dalembert. The key pieces are Larry sanders and illyasova
    This is a deal to get cap for 2014 not to take on a mental case Sanders, underachiever Mayo, and foreign blah Ersan or a stiff like ZaZa

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

It would have to be a STAT, a #1, Hardaway and Shump for Thad.

Hinkie would be more than happy to take dead space, would probably even release Stat, but need to get PAID to take on that kind of salary.
    Hinkie would have to spend that salary to get the cap floor anyways fool.... #1 Hardaway and Shump is way too much and would probably make you a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    This is a deal to get cap for 2014 not to take on a mental case Sanders, underachiever Mayo, and foreign blah Ersan or a stiff like ZaZa
    That's why I wonder what amount of space it will take to get the mle, what kind of space it would take to get Lebron capspace.

The bucks idea is more of a competitor to the idea of getting Thad young back in a deal. I understand this amare + whatever for just capspace is for this season to add something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    76ers are around $23 million away from the salary floor. Either they can sign some long term deals, or they can trade for expirers like Amar'e. Knicks would send Shumpert along as well. They wouldn't send any other picks.
    They don't have to do anything. All they have to do is field a roster. The penalty for falling under the floor and is actually a way to compensate the young players on the team for the tanking strategy.

NBA sixth man of the year

You lost me a Stephen A.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    OK the Sixers can just be a worthless franchise for another year. Have fun with that....maybe all those draft picks will make you relevant someday....
    Have fun being bad another year or as long as your NYK? You guys are still stuck in irrelevance as your prized free agent that you gutted the team for (players/picks) may be an ex NYK. But who cares you drafted his replacement. Oh wait that went to Denver. I guess we'll be seeing your knicks and my sixers in the lottery 2015...assuming that isnt gone by then.