Default Honestly, we need to trade Brook Lopez during this offseason

Gotta say he frustrated me so much. Perhaps you can argue that its not his fault that he gets injured, but the issue is that I have absolutely zero confidence that he will ever be healthy. And even so, I am skeptical that he will not get injured again next season. He singlehandedly ruined our season when we needed him the most, the team did make it to the 2nd round but we knew it was over when Lopez went down a long time ago. Maybe we cant get anyone good in return, but I still want to get rid of this loser before he disappoints again. Deron sure played like crap this season, but at least he could play.

Default Re: Honestly, we need to trade Brook Lopez during this offseason

Brook Lopez is not a loser?

I'm surprised this is aimed towards Brook rather than Deron. I don't think it's fair to call him a loser. He had a great season last year when he was healthy and got unlucky this year but played when he was on the floor. I'd rather not trade him because he's at his lowest value right now.

Exactly. When Lopez was on, he was on. He's give you an efficient 20 point effort 9/10. Let him expire if anything. Not gonna get anything too good for him now that this issue has happened twice

Well the problem is that I have zero confidence in his ability to stay healthy. Even if we cant get anything equal in talent in return, at least get someone who can play. It must be ridiculously hard for Bulls fans, paying the like of Derrick Rose 20mil a year and hes spending all his time resting.

It was only his second long time injury ever. But even a healthy Brook needs to get traded. Obviously he is a very gifted offensive player but he is too slow on rotations defensively.

Question is, what can we get for him? His contract is not untradeable, 2 years /29 millions.

I'm not a fan of trading him. He was improving defensively every year. Rebounding has a took a hit from his first couple of seasons. But he was a great shot changer in the paint and actually is an above average shot blocker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I'm not a fan of trading him. He was improving defensively every year. Rebounding has a took a hit from his first couple of seasons. But he was a great shot changer in the paint and actually is an above average shot blocker as well.
    Well all these talks are based on him staying healthy throughout a season. My biggest concern is that, well, he will be just like Andrew Bogut who misses games when we need him the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well all these talks are based on him staying healthy throughout a season. My biggest concern is that, well, he will be just like Andrew Bogut who misses games when we need him the most.
    Well he only has two years left. If he had 5 or 4 then it would be a different story imo