Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The stars are taking turns with the ball. That's not exactly a hard observation to make.

What i would do...
    1) Tell KG and PP they are part of the Nets and not on a consulting assignment. That means follow Net rules (sit on bench when not playing, talk to media after game). You can't have separate rules. It's not KG or PP who are absolute pro's pros that any team would love. It's the other guys who aren't following along. But as in anything in life, sometimes the fix isn't so much for the guys behaving, it's for the other guys.
    2) Give Kidd more responsibility. Lawrence Frank does way too much. His strategy is respected, he's not respected. The teams he coached (nets included) gave shitty off and on effort. This Nets team right now is giving shitty off and on effort. Make Kidd be more active. That way he can come out and get in people's faces when they aren't doing effort. If Lawrence Frank could do this and not Kidd, he'd be the coach.

Everyone said KG and PP would police things, the problem is they aren't policing for the coach, they are policing for themselves. It's a strange dynamic that isn't ideal for Kidd to become the leader of the team. The Nets have Kidd as a leader who isn't in position to be vocal during game, KG as a mouthpiece for who exactly, PP probably off court the person everyone looks to, Deron who should be the leader but is not, Lopez who is the best player but isn't personality wise that kind of leader, and Frank who is auditioning for his next job doing what Kidd should be doing.

It's bizarre. Fixable, totally. But to fix means they have to acknoweldge something is wrong, and as a Knick fan i can say that doesn't always happen.
    first point is spot on. Can't believe the Nets organization are just allowing KG and PP strutting around like they own the joint, those two have that too cool for school demeanor about them now, like they are better than the organization. And as the leaders they set a poor example and undermine the authority of Jkidd and the rest of the coaches with their nonchalant ways.

But I don't think you can just demand more of Jkidd. He simply doesn't have the coaching experience and would not be able to handle the X's and O's, hiring Kidd as a coach was a great move for appearance and narrative perspective but there's a reason that players usually work as assistant coaches before transitioning to HC. He's in above his head.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    first point is spot on. Can't believe the Nets organization are just allowing KG and PP strutting around like they own the joint, those two have that too cool for school demeanor about them now, like they are better than the organization. And as the leaders they set a poor example and undermine the authority of Jkidd and the rest of the coaches with their nonchalant ways.

But I don't think you can just demand more of Jkidd. He simply doesn't have the coaching experience and would not be able to handle the X's and O's, hiring Kidd as a coach was a great move for appearance and narrative perspective but there's a reason that players usually work as assistant coaches before transitioning to HC. He's in above his head.
    I know people are going to say "KG AND PP ARE DOING NOTHING WRONG" or "THEY EARNED THIS" and neither thing is wrong even a tiny bit. It's just though that a bunch of the other Nets aren't doing their jobs and have naturally took advantage of the situation so far, and it just needs to be clamped down on.

Think JJ in the last two minutes. Most of the time he floats through the first 46 minutes. How is that acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by #number6ix#
    damn thats kinda harsh... but i do think he's in over his head he shouldve started off as an assistant... Someone give Patrick Ewing a chance for crying out loud

We're not giving him up just yet.

Kidd's Nets going head to head against last years champs in the 2nd round.

Don't ever doubt greatness.

OP eating his words once again.