Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Jason Kidd should be fired immediately

give him time folks. it' not like they are not making the playoffs this year with all the tanking teams in the east

Well PP and KG are playing like they should have hung em up last year.

And is it just me or do I feel like D williams sucks now. I feel like he isn't playing hard AT ALL. They guy has not gotten any better since he joined the nets. He needs sloan. Same with JJ. Well, the guy looked promising with the suns, and now he's just average and overrated joe.

The nets are full with a bunch of guys who lack energy, heart, and who are overrated. With a wack ass coach.

They need a coach who will light a fire under their assess. Bring in sloan. Play KG 30 minutes a night. Paul Pierce looks like he lacks energy too. I feel if ALL of these guys had the heart and energy of a KB or AI they would be tearing it up

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

As the poster JKid said, they aren't going to fire him anytime soon.

In defence of Deron, he has been struggling with those ankles since he left Utah. He hasn't been the same probably because his health hasn't been right for a while now.

As far as the Nets, they have had a complete roster overhaul, some of their key players like AK and Deron have been injured and they probably won't start clicking til the second half of the year. We all saw what they are capable of in the preseason, I'm not saying preseason is the same but there were signs that at their best they can run with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    the problem is paul has died since since his first 4 games and kg has never been alive since he's been with us.
    Wow, and this is only the FIRST MONTH of NBA basketball.

No, he should not be fired immediately. You could make a case his hiring was stupid (KG and PP aren't going to listen to him if it contradicts what they want to do, why would they?) But he hasn't done anything wrong that makes him deserving of being fired. You should get fired because you deserve it, not because the start is not perfect.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    We all saw what they are capable of in the preseason, I'm not saying preseason is the same but there were signs that at their best they can run with the best.
    We see what they are capable of in the regular season too. The Nets play stellar in the first quarter and very solid in the first half. They are 12th in the league in first half points at 49.5 and 26th in second half points at 45.9, courtesy of http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...oints-per-game

Also, the Nets have lost several very close games that could have easily been won and positioned us as a top team in the east, in terms of standings.

The only two problems with Jason is that his shot allocation schemes are horrific. There is no sane reason as to why Kevin is attempting 10 field goal attempts per game, just two less than he was last year. With Joe, Paul and Brook on the team, Kevin's shot attempts should be cut in half and those extra five shots need to be dispersed amongst our other stars.

Second, Jason needs to give Alan Anderson more minutes and reduce the minutes of Jason "No Defense" Terry.

Aside from those two problems, the rest of the mediocrity the Nets are displaying night in and night out is all on them. Jason has had no more than 10% of a helping hand in the Nets losses.

Doesn't Kidd have a 3 year contract?

I bet Kidd wants to get fired. 2 years of pay for doing nothing? Wouldn't be surprised.

But no...he won't be fired anytime soon.

Saw a basketball once

From : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-question-mark

[QUOTE]A veteran scout, interviewed earlier in the day and speaking on the condition of anonymity, called Kidd

^ wouldn't be surprised if it's true, if I am correct frank ran the practices. People should stop defending the scrub

He's an incompetent coach. Please Fire this clown. BKN needs a real coach.

Quote Originally Posted by hihofink
    The stars are taking turns with the ball. That's not exactly a hard observation to make.

What i would do...
    1) Tell KG and PP they are part of the Nets and not on a consulting assignment. That means follow Net rules (sit on bench when not playing, talk to media after game). You can't have separate rules. It's not KG or PP who are absolute pro's pros that any team would love. It's the other guys who aren't following along. But as in anything in life, sometimes the fix isn't so much for the guys behaving, it's for the other guys.
    2) Give Kidd more responsibility. Lawrence Frank does way too much. His strategy is respected, he's not respected. The teams he coached (nets included) gave shitty off and on effort. This Nets team right now is giving shitty off and on effort. Make Kidd be more active. That way he can come out and get in people's faces when they aren't doing effort. If Lawrence Frank could do this and not Kidd, he'd be the coach.

Everyone said KG and PP would police things, the problem is they aren't policing for the coach, they are policing for themselves. It's a strange dynamic that isn't ideal for Kidd to become the leader of the team. The Nets have Kidd as a leader who isn't in position to be vocal during game, KG as a mouthpiece for who exactly, PP probably off court the person everyone looks to, Deron who should be the leader but is not, Lopez who is the best player but isn't personality wise that kind of leader, and Frank who is auditioning for his next job doing what Kidd should be doing.

It's bizarre. Fixable, totally. But to fix means they have to acknoweldge something is wrong, and as a Knick fan i can say that doesn't always happen.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The stars are taking turns with the ball. That's not exactly a hard observation to make.

What i would do...
    1) Tell KG and PP they are part of the Nets and not on a consulting assignment. That means follow Net rules (sit on bench when not playing, talk to media after game). You can't have separate rules. It's not KG or PP who are absolute pro's pros that any team would love. It's the other guys who aren't following along. But as in anything in life, sometimes the fix isn't so much for the guys behaving, it's for the other guys.
    2) Give Kidd more responsibility. Lawrence Frank does way too much. His strategy is respected, he's not respected. The teams he coached (nets included) gave shitty off and on effort. This Nets team right now is giving shitty off and on effort. Make Kidd be more active. That way he can come out and get in people's faces when they aren't doing effort. If Lawrence Frank could do this and not Kidd, he'd be the coach.

Everyone said KG and PP would police things, the problem is they aren't policing for the coach, they are policing for themselves. It's a strange dynamic that isn't ideal for Kidd to become the leader of the team. The Nets have Kidd as a leader who isn't in position to be vocal during game, KG as a mouthpiece for who exactly, PP probably off court the person everyone looks to, Deron who should be the leader but is not, Lopez who is the best player but isn't personality wise that kind of leader, and Frank who is auditioning for his next job doing what Kidd should be doing.

It's bizarre. Fixable, totally. But to fix means they have to acknoweldge something is wrong, and as a Knick fan i can say that doesn't always happen.

I think Kidd should at least this early on take a bit more of a passive role and learn. I think KG and PP at this stage in their careers are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of who's named head coach.

Why is there so many overreacting threads here? Calm down, it's only 10 games into the season.
    Nets may not look as good as people thought but they will play the playoffs and be relevant (even without HCA)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I think Kidd should at least this early on take a bit more of a passive role and learn. I think KG and PP at this stage in their careers are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of who's named head coach.
    It's not KG and PP, it's everyone else that isn't giving effort that's the problem and if your head coach has no cache and no pull, how do you change that?