Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Default Re: Thoughts of Seattle stealing a team?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    there were protests in 2011. But now, a lot of ppl just seem tired of this ordeal.
    This. Its been like an on again off again relationship - it gets tiring and eventually you are glad when its over.

I think the fair thing to do would be for the NBA to take Durant off the Thunder and send him to this new Seattle team. Then all would be forgiven.

I will never forgive David Stern and his henchmen for robbing the Kings of a title back in what was it, '02 or '03? That's the real "stealing" that be going on. I will never get over that shit. Rick Fox will burn in hell for Doug Christie's elbow to chin foul; and his wife will throw pitchforks in his a double s.

One less team in California.

I mean it's not like they have the Clippers, Warriors and Lakers.

Seattle belongs in the NBA, its regretful that Sacramento has to lose a team but if i had to choose between the two i would choose Seattle without hesitation

So that's the new slang these days? Ok then, I stole some headphones. I feel like such a boss.

Something to consider here is that we (Seattle fan/new owners) are not stealing a team from Sacramento. The reason we were "robbed" of the Sonics was because when Bennett bought the team we were told he had no intention of moving the team and then slowly began the process of dismantling our stars (Ray Allen trade/Rashard Lewis sign/trade) so that we would be less emotionally attached. Sacramento knows what they are up against and although I feel for them we would be buying a team with them knowing up front that they were going to be moved. No deception there.

But I don't have a problem with Seattle "stealing" a team. This is a business move. I hope this deal goes through. NBA back in the Emerald City!!!

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

How is it stealing? Seriously. If going by the actual definition of the word, how is it stealing?

It's not.

But anyway, the Maloofs are allowed to sell to whoever they want. If that person or persons has plans for relocation, well that's their right upon ownership.

No city is owed a professional sports team. None. Either you have one or you don't.

And why are Seattle residents getting crap when the Kings themselves were not an expansion team. They relocated from Kansas City to Sac in the 80s. The hypocrisy is with Kings fans getting made at Seattle or its residents.

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

It's not over. If you guys in Seattle think this thing is over then you don't know the Maloofs. They will piss EVERYONE off by the time this thing is done.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

If it does happend than the only ones stealing are the Maloofs getting 500mil for that roster they put together.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Bro, were you a Sonics fan b4 Thunder? If so, are you going back to rooting for Seattle?
    Wouldn't exactly say that. I was a bit of a nomad up until 5 years ago or so. Mainly due to the extreme lack of any sort of NBA coverage in Australia. I was a big Garnett fan when he was a Timberwolf (still have a jersey sitting around). Then he moved to the Celtics and Durant was drafted (was watching him since Texas, loved his game), so I was half going for the Celtics for Garnett and half the Sonics for Durant. Pretty much decided to stick solely with the Sonics after Garnett got his ring and then they moved to OKC. Been following them since.

Since then I've been to the US though and have a couple of favorite cities (Seattle being one of them), so I've really been rooting for them to get the team back since then. I'll switch to Seattle when the team's back.. I have no real allegiance to the city/state ok Oklahoma. Obviously they will still be like a second team, put too much into supporting the current players to forget them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Wouldn't exactly say that. I was a bit of a nomad up until 5 years ago or so. Mainly due to the extreme lack of any sort of NBA coverage in Australia. I was a big Garnett fan when he was a Timberwolf (still have a jersey sitting around). Then he moved to the Celtics and Durant was drafted (was watching him since Texas, loved his game), so I was half going for the Celtics for Garnett and half the Sonics for Durant. Pretty much decided to stick solely with the Sonics after Garnett got his ring and then they moved to OKC. Been following them since.

Since then I've been to the US though and have a couple of favorite cities (Seattle being one of them), so I've really been rooting for them to get the team back since then. I'll switch to Seattle when the team's back.. I have no real allegiance to the city/state ok Oklahoma. Obviously they will still be like a second team, put too much into supporting the current players to forget them completely.
    I'm a "nomad" too. Will be until STL gets a team. Che
    ered for Magic and Rockets when T-Mac was there, but they were never my team per se. Cheer for the Heat more than other teams because of LBJ and Chalmers, but they're not my team either. Hope STL gets a team
    KG was a monster on the Wolves

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'm a "nomad" too. Will be until STL gets a team. Che
    ered for Magic and Rockets when T-Mac was there, but they were never my team per se. Cheer for the Heat more than other teams because of LBJ and Chalmers, but they're not my team either. Hope STL gets a team
    KG was a monster on the Wolves
    Ah nice STL = St Louis? You follow the Rams at all?

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Ah nice STL = St Louis? You follow the Rams at all?
    Yeah. Nah, only MLB and NBA. **** the NFL. Still cheer for the Rams if I actually watch a game, which is never, but if I did I would solely because they're STL's team.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    The casuals most likely think "oh Kings suck, I'm glad they're leaving", which makes ZERO sense in the big picture. We're talking lost jobs, lost city revenue, lost entertainment, etc.
    Economists generally agree that sports teams don't add much to the city they're in, especially since they're usually supported by tax dollars. Can be a net negative in many cases.