Default Travis Outlaw and Nets agree to a 5 year 35 million dollar deal (old thread)

Travis Outlaw

2009-10 Statistics
    PPG 9.1 RPG 3.60 APG 1.0 EFF + 8.41
    Keep in mind he was only getting 21 mins per game.

"In our situation we needed a starting three and Travis had some really good years in Portland," Avery Johnson told Kerber. The Outlaw signing leaves the Nets with $25.4 million in cap space and gives them 11 players (two partially guaranteed) under contract. Chad Ford reports that the Nets intend to use all but $10 million of their original $32 million cap stash and may explore trades as well. He also suggests that the team is still choosing between Thomas or Luis Scola of the Rockets who is also a restricted free agent.
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/7/8/15...al-with-travis

[QUOTE]Here

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Travis Outlaw and Nets agree to a 5 year 35 million dollar deal

Is he really going to start over Terrence at the 3? Avery doesn't seem to explicitly say that, but certainly seems like it. I really think he should be a 6th man kinda guy.. A guy comes in and scores points. He definitely can be that type of player for us.

I like the signing personally. I think outlaw will be in a system that will allow him to play more minutes and show what he can do. Whether he is a backup SF or starting SF i like the signing. I think TWILL will play more of the 2 and backup PG while Damion James and Outlaw will be at the 3. Obviously our first choice was Lebron James at the 3, then Rudy Gay was plan B, but Memphis signed him so fast we didnt even have a chance to have a meeting with him. What's the next best option as a plan C? You had Josh Howard, Kyle Korver, Mike Miller, or Richard Jefferson. Out of all those guys i think Outlaw is the best choice. He fills a need. If we can sign David Lee i would be more happy. If not then we should try and get Scola or maybe Tyrus Thomas. Also as a side note, we got burned on Boozer as well. We offered him a deal and didnt have a chance to counter that deal. If Boozer really wanted to be here he and his agent would have gave the Nets an opportunity to make a counter offer...(so to H#LL wit em)

Travis Outlaw signing: Grade: B- in my book

Saw a basketball once

Good pickup for what was left. He is gonna start. T will is gonna come off the bench.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

T-Will has been doing great in Summer League, He definitely has a bright future, and a bright year, I don't think it's wise to start Outlaw over T-Will for many reasons, and I have seen Outlaw play plenty of times, so this pickup is a good one but coming off the bench would be best.

IDK I really like this guy. I can see big time stats for him. If T-Will takes any starting spot it will be from Lee imho.

Outlaw is a great addition, although T-Will will become a star in my eyes therefore hopefully he becomes the starter this season and Outlaw gets the 6th man role.

Not airballing my layups anymore taibien86's Avatar

ill be furious if outlaw starts over twill. but i do like the signing.

*sigh* To this day..... the Nets are still paying off Travis Outlaw's contract. So much false hope