Default KG likely still a Nets starter

Throughout the offseason, there has been plenty of speculation about Kevin Garnett

   

Default Re: KG likely still a Nets starter

it makes sense. let him start, play his heart out for a few minutes, then sit and collect his second wind. but it would be a disaster if he was actually given starter's minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    it makes sense. let him start, play his heart out for a few minutes, then sit and collect his second wind. but it would be a disaster if he was actually given starter's minutes.
    Hollins said that he expects him to play more and that the minutes limits are "out the window". They are saying this about Lopez too. I don't believe it, I think it's a way to (with words) separate himself from what kidd did. I don't see it actually occuring.

He wont last long as a starter. he was a disaster last year until Brook Lopez went down. He is at his best at center whether he likes it or not.

   

legend player, but also an egomaniac when all is said and done.

playing well for him actually hurts the nets in the long run. the big plan failed last season-- time to help out the next gen instead of posturing for the starter position and starters minutes.

typical a-hole, narcissistic KG move.

remember all of those videos of him picking fights and then running away?
    yea, same dude.

Not a big KG fan (of the person,not the player). He gets excused so much. The Nets have a new coach, and he refuses to speak to him (still refuses) because "he needs his own space". Doesn't speak to the media after losses, only acknowledges (not speaks to, he doesn't even lift his head) to people he doesn't like. He's a dick. But if he was 5 years younger I'd follow that diatribe with "too bad he's not a knick though..."

   

i hadn't heard KG wasn't talking to hollins... that's knucking futs

dunno why i was so mad at him the other night. i mean i'd had a pleasant time with my gal, enjoyed some drinks and all... got home and then... KG rage from out of nowhere. no, he's still a useful guy and probably a mostly-helpful influence. hopefully this thing about him using starter's minutes is just hot air

Hollins has made it clear since taking the job in July he is planning on employing a traditional lineup featuring two legitimate big men on the floor, like the one he had in Memphis, including pairing Garnett and Lopez in the frontcourt, and said the things the Nets were successful with over the second half of the year with the smaller lineup simply aren

[QUOTE=insidehoops]Hollins has made it clear since taking the job in July he is planning on employing a traditional lineup featuring two legitimate big men on the floor, like the one he had in Memphis, including pairing Garnett and Lopez in the frontcourt, and said the things the Nets were successful with over the second half of the year with the smaller lineup simply aren