Default Jason Kidd gone from Nets, will coach Bucks

Jason Kidd's future as coach of the Brooklyn Nets is uncertain after an attempt to gain more power within the organization led to the team granting him permission to interview with the Milwaukee Bucks, according to sources close to the process.

Sources have confirmed a New York Post report that Kidd, after a successful debut season upon making the difficult jump from player to coach, recently approached ownership with a request to have personnel control in addition to his coaching duties. Nets ownership, however, rebuffed Kidd.

The Bucks then asked for and were granted permission to speak with Kidd about hiring him away from Brooklyn, sources said.

-- ESPN NY

Default Re: Will Jason Kidd leave Nets?

Kidd got a four-year, $10.5 million contract with the Nets last offseason. This offseason, both Derek Fisher and Steve Kerr received five-year, $25 million contracts, a significant disparity in compensation. Like Kidd in 2013-14, Fisher and Kerr are both entering their first season as head coaches after long and fruitful playing careers.

-- ESPN NY

   

lord a mighty, what a difference a day makes.

so last night i go for ceviche, guacamole and drinks... last i know, AK47 will happily be returning and the nets bought some late picks and made some relative steals with them... then i see this clusterf-ck on TV... couldn't believe my eyes. should i not have had those shots of macallan's?? nope... just reality.

okay, then... so i get that kidd's highly annoyed by mediocre players such as kerr and fish getting those rich coaching contracts. it's understandable, really. and even though the league considers him damaged goods, we all know that that almost every superstar has a huge ego and usually doesn't see his own flaws too well. but...

couldn't kidd have kept it sane and simply bargained for a raise?

couldn't mgmt have swiftly countered with said raise to nip this problem in the bud?

can't kidd see how burning every bridge is eventually going to mean his NBA demise?

can't mgmt even NOW suck it up and try to woo him back instead of hanging on to their sense of betrayal?

i mean geez... there is so very, very much to lose if these multimillionaires can't get over their enormous pride and hurt feelings. just geez, unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Jason Kidd's future as coach of the Brooklyn Nets is uncertain after an attempt to gain more power within the organization led to the team granting him permission to interview with the Milwaukee Bucks, according to sources close to the process.

Sources have confirmed a New York Post report that Kidd, after a successful debut season upon making the difficult jump from player to coach, recently approached ownership with a request to have personnel control in addition to his coaching duties. Nets ownership, however, rebuffed Kidd.

The Bucks then asked for and were granted permission to speak with Kidd about hiring him away from Brooklyn, sources said.

-- ESPN NY
    You're right on target mate , Kidd's headed to Bucks . Nets look towards another Head Coach !!

Default Re: Jason Kidd gone from Nets, will coach Bucks

The Bucks and Brooklyn Nets reached a deal Monday to allow Jason Kidd to become Milwaukee's head coach.

A league source indicated Kidd will sign a three or four-year deal to lead the Bucks. The Bucks and Nets agreed to compensation with Milwaukee sending two second-round picks to Brooklyn, one in 2015 and one in 2018 or 2019, the source said.

Kidd will replace Larry Drew, who coached just one season with the Bucks. Drew went 15-67 in his only season in Milwaukee. He had two years remaining on the deal he signed last summer, a three-year contract worth approximately $7.5 million.

-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    lord a mighty, what a difference a day makes.

so last night i go for ceviche, guacamole and drinks... last i know, AK47 will happily be returning and the nets bought some late picks and made some relative steals with them... then i see this clusterf-ck on TV... couldn't believe my eyes. should i not have had those shots of macallan's?? nope... just reality.

okay, then... so i get that kidd's highly annoyed by mediocre players such as kerr and fish getting those rich coaching contracts. it's understandable, really. and even though the league considers him damaged goods, we all know that that almost every superstar has a huge ego and usually doesn't see his own flaws too well. but...

couldn't kidd have kept it sane and simply bargained for a raise?

couldn't mgmt have swiftly countered with said raise to nip this problem in the bud?

can't kidd see how burning every bridge is eventually going to mean his NBA demise?

can't mgmt even NOW suck it up and try to woo him back instead of hanging on to their sense of betrayal?

i mean geez... there is so very, very much to lose if these multimillionaires can't get over their enormous pride and hurt feelings. just geez, unbelievable
    Gigs I know you're a huge Kidd supporter (as was I) but I totally lost respect for him after this. Not only did he screw us over, he totally screwed Larry Drew over.

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Gigs I know you're a huge Kidd supporter (as was I) but I totally lost respect for him after this. Not only did he screw us over, he totally screwed Larry Drew over.
    never campaign for another active HC's job, never ever

The Kidd move was very.... LeBron-ish. Lost a ton of respect for my once favorite player. The players loved and respected Kidd. Right before free agency is good and bad at the same time. Bad to get some of our free agents back. But good to get players that hopefully will fit in well with whoever coaches the nets next year

   

quite true, i lost a tonne of respect for my formerly favorite player... so i guess it's now back to a barkley - wilt tie for first, with kidd now in 2nd. but, *ahem*... at the end of the day, jason kidd is still JASON KIDD.

he's STILL one of the most brilliant players ever... someone with medium+ NBA skill but a legendary and incredible grasp of basketball.

and at the end of the day he sort of had a point, even though he was making it in dreadful fashion-- f-cking billy king, with prokhy's approval, has absolutely wrecked our future in order to make a splash for the russkis.

think about it.

a couple years ago, we had one of the best collection of good picks that any team has ever enjoyed, tonnes of beautiful cap space, one of the top facilities and destinations in the NBA, and then... then we traded almost all of that away for an aging collection of overpriced veterans who most of us deluded ourselves upon in terms of getting past the heat, then the west champ.

what a freaking joke.

so yea... kidd is being an asshole prima dona, no question, but there's more to this story. much more. in the end, beyond kidd being a douche, this comes down to billy king savaging all of our beautiful resources in order to rent mirages in the sand and a temporary status boost, you know what i'm saying?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    quite true, i lost a tonne of respect for my formerly favorite player... so i guess it's now back to a barkley - wilt tie for first, with kidd now in 2nd. but, *ahem*... at the end of the day, jason kidd is still JASON KIDD.

he's STILL one of the most brilliant players ever... someone with medium+ NBA skill but a legendary and incredible grasp of basketball.

and at the end of the day he sort of had a point, even though he was making it in dreadful fashion-- f-cking billy king, with prokhy's approval, has absolutely wrecked our future in order to make a splash for the russkis.

think about it.

a couple years ago, we had one of the best collection of good picks that any team has ever enjoyed, tonnes of beautiful cap space, one of the top facilities and destinations in the NBA, and then... then we traded almost all of that away for an aging collection of overpriced veterans who most of us deluded ourselves upon in terms of getting past the heat, then the west champ.

what a freaking joke.

so yea... kidd is being an asshole prima dona, no question, but there's more to this story. much more. in the end, beyond kidd being a douche, this comes down to billy king savaging all of our beautiful resources in order to rent mirages in the sand and a temporary status boost, you know what i'm saying?
    Agree that Kidd is still Kidd, the same guy who took us to back to back NBA Finals. That's why I believe his jersey should still be hung in our building. But he knew what he was stepping into when he joined us last season. He knew we were gonna be an old, grind-it-out type of team, and if he really wanted to coach a younger team, I don't think he should have taken the job in the first place. Also he wanted to trade Brook and Mirza for Illyasova and Larry Sanders, which is a terrible trade in my opinion.

Also I didn't like Hollins being hired but I'm warming up to him as we go. Looks like someone who will hold D-Will or Brook or anyone accountable if they are slacking. I know the future looks bleak right now but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

   

all true, but we also know more of the story at this point.

kidd and king were fussing from december - january on, so apparently this was building for a long time.

yes, kidd knew what he was getting in to, but his problem was not in wanting the bucks or the moon, but more structure and players that fit his vision better.

much later, the trade proposal was borderline collusion (and disgusting) but at least we understand why he asked for it.

anyway again, my concern is not with kidd at this point but with the whole state of denmark. as long as everyone is cool with not making it out of the east for many years, then all is well. but let's face it-- we're little more than the new incarnation of the knicks, with the current knicks having an actual chance to make a run at some point.

sorry not trying to be debbie downer, but i try to see reality for what it is in general.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i dont like billy king for what he has done for this team..